Guest lurkerspeaks

Anyone watching Big Brother?

Guest lurkerspeaks

Lots of man candy this season, and even a bromance between one if the straight guys and the gay guy. I read somewhere that some condoms have gone missing from the house's storeroom . The straight half of the bromance was up for elimination this week so maybe the condoms came into use for a possible goodbye.

I have not missed an episode of Big Brother. EVER. LOL

I love the show. This year has been great so far. I loved the "bromance" but do not like Frankie.

2 hot Alpha males are very hot but don't like either of them.

I liked the ladies a lot. Does that mean I am a lesbian?

I also like the country bumpkin. ^_^

7f60c92698fdcdc91b8e45b3e315856a.jpg

Is 'Big Brother' ignoring a budding gay showmance?

By Rae Votta on

July 04, 2014

The Daily Dot

Reality show romances, otherwise known as showmances, are staples in the genre as a way to stir up drama, solidify alliances, and titillate viewers. But why is one of the juiciest and most fan-supported showmances on this season’s Big Brother happening off TV?

Big Brother contestants Frankie Grande and Zach Rance have been getting more than cozy on the reality show’s 16th season, airing now on CBS. The two men are part of a strong alliance of mostly male contenders, but have also made a Final Two pact with each other. They’ve been spotted snuggling in beds, draped around each other, checking out each other’s backsides, and talking about masturbation and lubrication. There’s just one catch—all of this flirtation hasn’t made it to air.

Big Brother runs 24/7 livestreams of house activities, and fans watch and analyze every move as they try to determine who will be evicted next. They also pick favorites (or pairs of favorites in this case). Fans have already dedicated blogs to the duo and are shipping the pair, even if the mainstream viewers have no clue there’s a potential showmance brewing between the two men.

♡ emily @emilyyyxo Follow

I've been stalking bb fan pages on here and tumblr and watching zankie vines over and over I need sleep and I NEED HELP

The lack of incorporation into the televised show is, of course, rubbing fans the wrong way. Big Brother doesn’t shy away from focusing on romances, and there’s more than enough footage of the duo getting cozy around the house and forming a pact to make a plot point. There’s even footage of another pair of contestants talking about the situation, and Zach, who hasn’t declared a sexuality on the show, apparently told one housemate that he wanted to sleep with Frankie (in coarser terms).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Lgm8MNErmyw

That’s pretty juicy material ripe for inclusion on the main show. So what gives? Is Big Brother shying away from a gay showmance on air, or are they just saving it in hopes that things heat up later in the season between the two for a big reveal? Or do they just think the pair is bromantic instead of romantic and thus less interesting to the mainstream viewers? Regardless of motivation, fans are already frustrated that none of their canoodling is making the air.

“The fact that they still haven’t given Zankie any airtime is infuriating tbh. Like they could totally use it as a big plot device this season, especially given Frankie Grande’s huge following on and off the show. And it’s not like they’d be short of any footage,” complained Tumblr user dehltreice.

“It’s not even just the showmance. zack and frankie made a final two deal. that’s HUGE. if it was anyone else, i guarantee you they’d show it. so why not frankie and zack?,” said Tumblr user sansa-swifts. “Because it’s gay. the answer is because it’s gay.”

The fervor for the pair might be more than just their handsy nature in front of the cameras. Frankie is a YouTube celebrity in his own right, and also the older half-brother of pop sensation Arianna Grande. She’s been tweeting her own fans directly about her brother’s involvement on the show and managing his social media while he’s locked away in the house. This has lead to adorable interactions with Zankie fans wanting to know Arianna’s opinion on the matter.

odalissa ♡ @odalissaxx

@FrankieJGrande do you ship #zankie?

Frankie James Grande @FrankieJGrande Follow

a little bit yes hahah. it's cute. gotta pass the lil sis test tho - “@odalissaxx: @FrankieJGrande do you ship #zankie?”

Even Arianna is aware, Big Brother. Time to let this showmance shine on TV.

Screengrab via BigBrother/YouTube

http://www.dailydot.com/geek/big-brother-gay-romance-ignored/

• Members

Well, the cynic that I am tells me that in this "unscripted, reality" competition show, certain things are NOT what they seem.

I believe this BROmance was created by producers to add spice to what could have been an extraordinarily DULL season without them.... Lets face it, shows need RATINGS. What better way toget them than to present something unconventional, something still verboten by mainstream society, and a major Fantasy for gay viewers.... ?

I hate being manipulated, but I LOVE watching.... :thumbsup:

Guest EXPAT

Sorry but I can't stand reality TV. It's just ruining scripted dramas which I prefer. I know it's cheaper which is why it's being produced too much. But I just can't and won't support it.

• Members

Sorry but I can't stand reality TV. It's just ruining scripted dramas which I prefer. I know it's cheaper which is why it's being produced too much. But I just can't and won't support it.

Expat, for what its worth, all the reality TV shows I watch are more "scripted" than the scripted shows. There aint nuthin REAL about it !

• Members

I watch for Frankie Caleb and Devin. But Devin turned out to be a muscle-bound, 2 face, lying, back-stabbing douche bag.

YES, its a game, but he's not nice.... I would still blow him, but i would hate him the whole time.

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my Suckrates how could you make

love to someone you don't actually like? If a person has a bad personality that he doesn't smell good either. I would not do anything with that guy.

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my Suckrates those with bad personality smell bad even though they exercise good daily hygiene. It's not matter of clean or dirty here. ^_^

Guest lurkerspeaks

Now that we are a few weeks in, who do you predict will be final two? I think it will be Donnie and Derrick. But i can't wait to see who will be the first penis flash of the season.

Until this week, I thought it might be Zach. But, he turned crazy. Not sure he will make it after the shit he has pulled.

Frankie is too much for me.

Donnie reminds me of family.

The Church Lady is sweet but if I hear ore more Praise God, I'm going to throw up.

The little Jewish American Princess I am rooting for but she will have to stand alone as they don't like her for some reason.

I agree the detective will be in the end. With who? I don't know yet. But, those girls are really stupid! 4 of them put up this week and they don't realize they are being picked off one by one?

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my Oz you used to teach in Sunday school and thought about becoming a pastor. Why does Praise God bother you? I love sweet ladies. We can make pies together and have tea time eating finger food. ^_^ They are so sweet and polite. They sometime bring nice food too. On that day I don't have to cook. So be nice to sweet ladies.. ^_^

Oh my Oz you used to teach in Sunday school and thought about becoming a pastor. Why does Praise God bother you? I love sweet ladies. We can make pies together and have tea time eating finger food. :smile: They are so sweet and polite. They sometime bring nice food too. On that day I don't have to cook. So be nice to sweet ladies.. :smile:

LOL Well, if you said it, it would not bother me. ^_^

But, I guess my beliefs have changed over the years and churches have been such a distant memory that I just have a hard time listening to people who thinking praying to God will help then win a reality show on TV.