Lucky

Where Have You Gone, Joe DiMaggio?

• Members

It's no secret that boytoy is rather dead these past few days, so I had some time on my hands to take a look at those new members we thought we had when Daddy's site was down- you remember them, the guys who came here to complain about Daddys. Would they stay and participate here?

Um, no. JSONE signed up and started the thread. He managed 11 posts and hasn't been heard from since August 11th.

Epigonos participates here more, but he too has been quiet since August 17th.

Then there is ButtWilde. What a name, huh? I think he got banned as we don't hear from him anymore.

RfromKC signed up to make 6 posts, I think most on one thread. He hasn't been here since August 7th.

MP2832 left August 7th. I think he's the one who said outright he would only make one post.

CoreyMonroe left us August 5th after 13 posts.

JGoo made 6 posts and left us on August 6th.

Scorpio, you know, the guy that likes me so much that he came back to post an attack on me? That was August 11th. Silence of the lambs since.

Justme1369, the young lawyer from KY posted on August 22d to tell Steven Draker to chill. I guess Draker did as he is pretty quiet since being reinstated.

Then there was loneranger, who started a thread, now in the Sand Box and left us on August 5th without further ado. No nude pix of Tonto came either.

And the last time there was a thread on Daddys, it was started by rimchair. Remember him? Looks like his tongue got stuck since he hasn't been here since September 27th, 2013. JosephGa participated in that thread, but only left here on August 12th.

We know that jimboivgo is around, but he hasn't complained about anything here since August 14th. I think he will be back though.

But, in the meantime, even Suckrates seems on hiatus. I hope that he's okay and just getting some good pix ready.

Bottom line is that complaining about Daddys brings posters here, but they don't stay. it's just us, folks. Perhaps we'll get a gem from one of the lurkers, but I'll get in trouble if I encourage it. I'm not lookin for trouble.

• Members

It's no secret that boytoy is rather dead these past few days, so I had some time on my hands to take a look at those new members we thought we had when Daddy's site was down- you remember them, the guys who came here to complain about Daddys. Would they stay and participate here?

Um, no. JSONE signed up and started the thread. He managed 11 posts and hasn't been heard from since August 11th.

Epigonos participates here more, but he too has been quiet since August 17th.

Then there is ButtWilde. What a name, huh? I think he got banned as we don't hear from him anymore.

RfromKC signed up to make 6 posts, I think most on one thread. He hasn't been here since August 7th.

MP2832 left August 7th. I think he's the one who said outright he would only make one post.

CoreyMonroe left us August 5th after 13 posts.

JGoo made 6 posts and left us on August 6th.

Scorpio, you know, the guy that likes me so much that he came back to post an attack on me? That was August 11th. Silence of the lambs since.

Justme1369, the young lawyer from KY posted on August 22d to tell Steven Draker to chill. I guess Draker did as he is pretty quiet since being reinstated.

Then there was loneranger, who started a thread, now in the Sand Box and left us on August 5th without further ado. No nude pix of Tonto came either.

And the last time there was a thread on Daddys, it was started by rimchair. Remember him? Looks like his tongue got stuck since he hasn't been here since September 27th, 2013. JosephGa participated in that thread, but only left here on August 12th.

We know that jimboivgo is around, but he hasn't complained about anything here since August 14th. I think he will be back though.

But, in the meantime, even Suckrates seems on hiatus. I hope that he's okay and just getting some good pix ready.

Bottom line is that complaining about Daddys brings posters here, but they don't stay. it's just us, folks. Perhaps we'll get a gem from one of the lurkers, but I'll get in trouble if I encourage it. I'm not lookin for trouble.

Well Mr Lucky, you may not be looking for Trouble, but with a post like this, you are sure to FIND it ! I am not exactly sure what the point of this thread was, or what you are trying to accomplish here other than to point out the Obvious ? People either post or they dont....

I am still here, but realized that people are probably VERY tired of my pic posts, and I have even received email telling me to give it a rest because i was monopolizing that forum. And to be honest, it takes a hell of alot of time and effort to prepare and post those galleries only to receive an occasional post from Adam, or a horny post of Succulence from Axiom to tell me they enjoyed my work. But I do appreciate you mentioning me in your thread and wondering about my whereabouts considering our contentious relationship.

I am glad to see you picked up where I left off because I do believe this site needs stuff to stimulate and inspire its members.

It was no secret why members from Daddys suddenly appeared here when that site was down, and anyone who thought those people had GOOD intentions are Fools. Draker clearly had an agenda, and the others probably were here as visible "moles", and were giddy to carry all the Daddy stories back to Daddy while he recuperates and counts his contributions.

And I'm not exactly sure the new cover design of Boytoy is its best asset ? Its rather "Obvious", and not as subtle as the old design, and I'm also not sure the members want to look at "themselves" being depicted as a bunch of lecherous "fat cats" ? Just my opinion of course, but I think its a bit off-putting.

Anyway, I hope your post has a minimum of backlash, however BACKLASH is what usually makes the site interesting. A rowdy Frat party is much more exciting than a wake !

Guest callipygian

Well Mr Lucky, you may not be looking for Trouble....

Oh, of course she is. Lucky is stuck on one scratch of his personal 45 RMP - And it isn't a popular hook, either.

• Members

I respectfully don't agree that your bottom line applies to everyone of us you listed and who posted during the recent hiatus of Daddy's site, as it certainly does not apply to me. Not sure it is widely known by the regular posters here but during that period (I don't recall the precise timing), all deactivated account holders on Boytoy were contacted by email indicating that their accounts were re-activated and invited to come over here to participate in the site. As there wasn't any other forum to check out during the period, I took him up on the offer. I did do a single post and I don't believe (from my review of what I wrote) that I was complaining about Daddy, and certainly my intent in coming back wasn't for that purpose. Certainly some of the people you listed did take advantage of the opportunity to complain and got caught up in the frenzy of the particular thread.

The reason I haven't been compelled to post more is more involved, relating to my own preferences, how I view this particular site and other factors. I'll try to find some time to succinctly articulate some of the things that may be relevant in that regard. But of course whatever I may say is from one person's perspective but I hope it goes to the point that there is many possible reasons why some don't stay or revert to being lurkers rather than actively participate.

I may be misinterpreting the intent of this thread but I thought I would jump in as I saw my name in the original post and for whatever reason didn't want people to get the wrong idea of what brought me back, which certainly wasn't to bash Daddy or anyone else.

Guest Paragon

Oh, of course she is. Lucky is stuck on one scratch of his personal 45 RMP - And it isn't a popular hook, either.

Calm down, Lucky. Calling a guy a "girl" is not like it was in the Fifties. You remember the Fifties, don't you? That's when songs were played on 45's! ^_^

(And this, from Paragon, who hasn't posted since June!)

• Members

I respectfully don't agree that your bottom line applies to everyone of us you listed and who posted during the recent hiatus of Daddy's site, as it certainly does not apply to me. Not sure it is widely known by the regular posters here but during that period (I don't recall the precise timing), all deactivated account holders on Boytoy were contacted by email indicating that their accounts were re-activated and invited to come over here to participate in the site. As there wasn't any other forum to check out during the period, I took him up on the offer. I did do a single post and I don't believe (from my review of what I wrote) that I was complaining about Daddy, and certainly my intent in coming back wasn't for that purpose. Certainly some of the people you listed did take advantage of the opportunity to complain and got caught up in the frenzy of the particular thread.

The reason I haven't been compelled to post more is more involved, relating to my own preferences, how I view this particular site and other factors. I'll try to find some time to succinctly articulate some of the things that may be relevant in that regard. But of course whatever I may say is from one person's perspective but I hope it goes to the point that there is many possible reasons why some don't stay or revert to being lurkers rather than actively participate.

I may be misinterpreting the intent of this thread but I thought I would jump in as I saw my name in the original post and for whatever reason didn't want people to get the wrong idea of what brought me back, which certainly wasn't to bash Daddy or anyone else.

JGOO, in the last year, you have only posted once, and that was in the Daddy thread, so forgive me if I misread that. Your post here is the second, and you make very good points too. One hope I had in writing this thread was that those mentioned would post again. Hopefully we will see more. I did point out that some of the guys who haven't posted will likely be back. I know that not everyone posts as often as I do.

Guest lurkerspeaks

First off, LEAVE LUCKY ALONE.....

I have met Lucky on several occasions and know him to be a nice, kind, loving person. Does he have a bad day every now and then? Sure, who doesn't? Is he stubborn in his convictions? Sure, but what person with strong beliefs isn't? His one desire here is to see Boytoy succeed and prosper. That can only happen if we get some new, fresh blood in here. After all, as we have seen in the comedy world so recently, we all have a time to leave the red carpet behind.

Daddy's site has its good qualities to it...just like Boytoy does. Is Boytoy without problems? No it isn't. no place is perfect. I am sure even now Joan is up there (or down there depending on your thoughts), bitching about the gown Princess Di is wearing or she is cussing out Johnny Carson for blacklisting her. But we take the good, we take the bad, we take them all and there we have the Facts of Life. Some people will post at one site. Some will post at the other site.. and a select few will post at both sites. Let them post where they want and enjoy what we have. .I guess that is my intention here... Enjoy what we have.. stop pining for what we don't have..

• Members

First off, LEAVE LUCKY ALONE.....

I have met Lucky on several occasions and know him to be a nice, kind, loving person. Does he have a bad day every now and then? Sure, who doesn't? Is he stubborn in his convictions? Sure, but what person with strong beliefs isn't? His one desire here is to see Boytoy succeed and prosper. That can only happen if we get some new, fresh blood in here. After all, as we have seen in the comedy world so recently, we all have a time to leave the red carpet behind.

Daddy's site has its good qualities to it...just like Boytoy does. Is Boytoy without problems? No it isn't. no place is perfect. I am sure even now Joan is up there (or down there depending on your thoughts), bitching about the gown Princess Di is wearing or she is cussing out Johnny Carson for blacklisting her. But we take the good, we take the bad, we take them all and there we have the Facts of Life. Some people will post at one site. Some will post at the other site.. and a select few will post at both sites. Let them post where they want and enjoy what we have. .I guess that is my intention here... Enjoy what we have.. stop pining for what we don't have..

Lurker, I really think before you wave your "Lucky" flag, you need to gain some real perspective here. The only objection that I had to Luckys post is that it is never a good thing to "OUT" people. No good can ever come from Shining a spotlight on someone for something negative you perceive they have done. At least not on a website where people prefer to remain anonymous. Like you say, they will post or they wont, so why blow a bullhorn in everyones ear about them ? If the intention was to get them to post more, I think Mr Lucky might have achieved just the opposite with his tome aimed at the dearly departed ?

My view on life has always been to "you do YOU" and leave everyone else alone..... unless of course you need to comment on a Lucky

thread, then the gloves are off ! :hyper:

• Members

One nice thing about these message centers is that if you keep within the parameters set by management, you can post what you want. That's why people came here when Daddys was down. They posted what they wanted to post. By the same token, I can post what I want. If I want to comment on these folks, then why shouldn't I? Am I to be concerned with the feelings of people who used this site to post what they wanted and then left? I don't think so. Does someone, such as Suckrates, not like it? Well, gosh. Does Suckrates only post what he thinks others will like? I don't think so, but I grant that he posts some good things. I think I do too.

In 14 years of posting, I have learned not to worry if someone takes offense. I try to admit it when I am wrong, but it is only natural that not everyone is going to like every one of my thousands of posts. I can't lose any sleep over that.

I do try to be supportive of people whose posts I like, and that's almost everyone. almost being a key word here. I thank lurkerspeaks for speaking up. I'm sure when he did he knew that someone wouldn't like it. So, thanks again lurkerspeaks.

• Members

Lucky, when people settle into a certain mindset, there is no way in hell you will convince them to perhaps look at things in a different way, so I aint even gonna try. But I must say that there is a fine line between posting what you want, and posting to stir up trouble and controversy, and your post in this thread, for me, is the latter. You could have certainly made your same point without naming names.

That little extra "Lucky" touch of calling people out is what I have a problem with, not the fact that you spoke about 1 time or infrequent posters.

It is no secret that I am an advocate of speaking your mind without filters and telling the truth, but unless a person truly conducts themself like an asshole and has a particular agenda that threatens the fibre of the machine (ie: Mr Draker) for me, there is no reason to call them out personally. It may seem like I am contradicting myself, but I do believe there is a difference between my recent posts

about Draker and your post here.

I am in no way implying that you should refrain from posting, your posts are usually good and well received by many. I am just saying perhaps they need a bit of editing, whereby you extract the "mixing spoon".... Sometimes a subliminal message is much more powerful than one that smacks you in the face.

In the meantime, I hope you are enjoying your Photo contest Winners trophy ? :queen:

And, Here's a "No Hard Feelings" pic for you .......

tumblr_naqi8z8I5a1ro4txwo1_1280.jpg

• Members

Lucky, when people settle into a certain mindset, there is no way in hell you will convince them to perhaps look at things in a different way, so I aint even gonna try. But I must say that there is a fine line between posting what you want, and posting to stir up trouble and controversy, and your post in this thread, for me, is the latter. You could have certainly made your same point without naming names.

That little extra "Lucky" touch of calling people out is what I have a problem with, not the fact that you spoke about 1 time or infrequent posters.

It is no secret that I am an advocate of speaking your mind without filters and telling the truth, but unless a person truly conducts themself like an asshole and has a particular agenda that threatens the fibre of the machine (ie: Mr Draker) for me, there is no reason to call them out personally. It may seem like I am contradicting myself, but I do believe there is a difference between my recent posts

about Draker and your post here.

I am in no way implying that you should refrain from posting, your posts are usually good and well received by many. I am just saying perhaps they need a bit of editing, whereby you extract the "mixing spoon".... Sometimes a subliminal message is much more powerful than one that smacks you in the face.

It is always interesting how different people view and react to posts in a variety of ways. For me, I don't necessarily see it as stirring up trouble and controversy although it certainly had the potential to do so (if that was his intent, and I have no idea if it was, then it seems for the most part it failed) . I viewed it more as a retrospective to summarize his observation and to perhaps prod some of those listed to respond or participate further. It is an approach that may be a bit unconventional in its style but still seems valid. I suppose that some listed might respond in a way that would cause trouble and controversy, depending on their own predisposition to the subject at hand, while others (and I would include myself in that group) might just respond (and maybe even continue to participate) in a more congenial way.

I don't have any issue with people being called out, and I believe while the same point could have been made without naming names, I do think the point is a bit stronger by doing so. Likely I would not have responded if my name had not been listed. I also like it when someone makes an attempt to be as specific as possible (and allowed) about things with some backup info and facts to support their position. It makes the argument more robust, in my view, and gives others the chance to more thoroughly evaluate what is being stated. I loathe, for the most part, when people make statements with a broad stroke of generalities or vagueness.

I guess I just look at it from a different perspective but certainly respect the views of others who do not appreciate the approach taken. Others also come to this with more background on the original poster and his past behaviors, attitudes, etc that I am not necessarily knowledgeable about. Yet I can only react to how I see things through my own set of lenses with my own background knowledge.

Just my two cents worth.

• Members

Others also come to this with more background on the original poster and his past behaviors, attitudes, etc that I am not necessarily knowledgeable about. Yet I can only react to how I see things through my own set of lenses with my own background knowledge.

Just my two cents worth.

jgoo, your eloquent response is well taken, however the excerpt highlighted above is the crux of the matter, and the basis for my original responses. As the saying goes, its the "same ole, same ole" story..... But I imagine another old saying might apply here as well, "a leopard never changes his spots".... :cat: ( there was no emogji Leopard to use, so a Fox will have to suffice)

Guest CharliePS

I am always surprised when I post something that I think is clear and straightforward, and then I get feedback that is different from what I expected. Did I express myself poorly? Did I have an agenda that wasn't even clear to myself? Did the other poster misunderstand what I said? Is the other poster an asshole? Should I have just kept my original thought to myself? Should I respond? Why am I spending so much time on a mostly anonymous message board anyway? (I say "mostly anonymous" because there are several posters with whom I communicate outside the site.) These ruminations are part of the reason why I post much less often than I used to.

I think that one of the advantages of the small numbers of regular posters on this site is that subjects tend to get talked out until the posters come to some kind of understanding and tolerance toward one another, unlike a site where there is a distracting babble of other speakers jumping in, or administrators cutting things off when they get irritated. I have known Lucky as a close personal friend for several years: he has a quick temper and an often unbridled tongue to go with his strong prejudices, but he is genuinely interested in other people's points of view, and he wants to like even those he disagrees with. I am pleased to see him and Suckrates trying to find an accommodation with one another, even though both are honest enough to admit they don't like one another very much and will probably never go fishing together.

• Members

LOL. I once went to a comedy show with an escort during which the comedian asked us how we knew each other. Another member of the audience said, fishing buddies. My companion of the night thought it would have been funnier if we had announced the "truth". :smile:

I completely agree with CharlierPSP's first paragraph. I think I understand the second.

While we might never completely understand the views of another, we can at least be courteous. I appreciate those who listen (read) to what I have to say and I try to do the same.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest callipygian

.......he has a quick temper and an often unbridled tongue to go with his strong prejudices........

Characteristics which might be less offensive to some if there was not so much expressed delight from him and personal amusement for him in behaving in such a manner. Lucky enjoys behaving like an adolescent and turning things upside down for personal kicks.

Just now, "he's hanging on by a thread" from being timed-out yet again over at the other place for just such behaviors - not to mention posting personal and private communications from another member in a public forum.

It's one thing to have personal social-interaction deficiencies and challenges. We all do. But when you use them like an E ticket at Disneyland for personal amusement at another's expense - Then that's just being a bully and a troll.

• Members

The advantage of having regular posters, is that we really come to know them, or at least know what they want us to know. We have a better understanding of who they might be and what makes them tick. But , they have to WANT to be regular posters, and it seems that many of the "visitors" to this site want to remain visitors and their wishes should be respected.

I dont ever believe you can force anyone to do anything. You can coax, chide, bribe, beg, coerce etc, but in the end they will do what they are comfortable with and what they want. I dont doubt Lucky's intentions with his post (well, maybe just a little) but just felt he could have made his same point without the "specifics" of names.

I rarely dislike people, unless they give me a very good reason to do so. Lucky and I have "herstory", but i have come to accept who he is and his presence on this site.. There certainly is room for Both of us, who really are very much alike, outspoken, strong in our convictions and passions, tireless and fearless and in your face. (Geez, we sound like Joan Rivers) . I wouldnt want to change him, but as I tell my plastic surgeon, "I really dont want to look different, but shoot me up with the Botox, it can't hurt " ! Or translated, a little change is always good. :kiss:

Guest CharliePS

Just now, "he's hanging on by a thread" from being timed-out yet again over at the other place

Since I have no idea who you are or what you are referring to, I am curious about how you possess such supposed inside information.

• Members
... I am curious about how you possess such supposed inside information.

Deej let it slip (in a post since erased) that he posted over here as "Suckrates", so we know it not him.

But then maybe callipygian (damn that's hard to spell) is Sucky/deej's sock puppet? :logik:

Hmm...give me some time for a little detective work and I'll see if I can figure it out. :twitch:

• Members

I have been open about who I am from day one. I was jjkrkwood over at Daddy's and I am Suckrates here. Period !!!....

There is enuf of ME.... I dont need to be anyone Else. !

And I dont keep track of who people are, or how many screen names they have. So I havent the faintest clue who Caligraphy, charlie, Frankly Rich or any of those other people are. Me and Grandma Suckrates keep pretty much to ourselves.......... :hug:

Guest callipygian

LOL. Draker returns!

".......he has a quick temper and an often unbridled tongue to go with his strong prejudices........"

You are incorrect Lucky. Lashing out recklessly towards those who had nothing to do with your current drama, is not a way to find what you are looking for.
prej·u·dice
ˈ
noun: prejudice; plural noun: prejudices
preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.