TotallyOz

Thailand - Capital for Medical Tourism

Thailand is a great place for medical tourism. The hospitals are clean and staffed with American trained doctors. They are quick and professional and cheap. They also cater to customer service and make sure you feel taken care of.

In Bangkok, try: Bumrungrad

https://www.bumrungrad.com/

The hospital is amazing. I went in yesterday to get my high blood pressure prescription filled. I was in and out in less than 1 hour. I had refills ready, blood checked and tested and test results done, prescriptions filled and in a bag waiting for me. I also had prescriptions for sleeping (Ambian and Valium) as well as my testosterone medication refilled. It is so quick and so easy to do things there and so cheap.

Years back, I had a friend had a stent put in there. He had a great experinece. So, did I as his caregiver. I was there with him and I told my family if I ever get sick for anything, I want to be flown to Thailand to have any procedures and I meant it.

I do have Blue Cross / Blue Shield which covers this but you have to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed. But, for something major like heart surgery, they work with BC/BS and work out billing for you.

I truly, I have seen better hospitals anywhere in the world and that includes the USA and Canada and UK.

Thailand rocks for medical care!

• Members

I have heard that there are various levels of health care, ranging from poor to excellent, though the cost does go up with the levels.So my questions would be.

1. is that true, and what are the aprox costs for health care that would compare to the US, like say a Blue Cross.?

2. In an emergency, do ambulances respond in a timely mannner?

3. Can you get the same level of health care in pattaya as you do in Bangkok?

In light of the recent coup, can Americans still own property?.

And do you feel the govt is still relatively stable?

Thanks for any and all information.

I have heard that there are various levels of health care, ranging from poor to excellent, though the cost does go up with the levels.So my questions would be.

1. is that true, and what are the aprox costs for health care that would compare to the US, like say a Blue Cross.?

2. In an emergency, do ambulances respond in a timely mannner?

3. Can you get the same level of health care in pattaya as you do in Bangkok?

In light of the recent coup, can Americans still own property?.

And do you feel the govt is still relatively stable?

Thanks for any and all information.

1. Check out the website listed as there were prices on it for heart surgery and some other procedures.

2. No, I doubt it as traffic is horrible.

3. Yes and No. Bangkok Pattaya is great and I love it and use it when there and swear by it. It is really great. Some would say it is just a money making machine but that is the reason it is there. My dentist is there and I always go to see her when in Thailand.

• Members

1. Check out the website listed as there were prices on it for heart surgery and some other procedures.

2. No, I doubt it as traffic is horrible.

3. Yes and No. Bangkok Pattaya is great and I love it and use it when there and swear by it. It is really great. Some would say it is just a money making machine but that is the reason it is there. My dentist is there and I always go to see her when in Thailand.

Thanks so much.

I'll do more research. Thinking about living there, but health concerns, and getting adequate care is a major issue.

Thanks so much.

I'll do more research. Thinking about living there, but health concerns, and getting adequate care is a major issue.

Health concerns should not be an issue at all. Best medical care in world. And, if you live in Pattaya, most do minor work at Bangkok Pattaya and some even do major heart surgeries there but some then just go to Bumrungrad for the major stuff. Easy trip.

I'd worry more about the boys giving you heart attacks in old age than I would about quality of the health care.