Guest tomcal

2015 Porto Alegre and Rio

• Members

Tomcal, can you help me with a trip plan for Porto Alegra, i want to try it out...

1? airport to hotel. cab? bus?

2? Sheraton hotel to Mezziniu cab? about how much? about how long? will they call a cab for you at the club for your return? or are cabs waiting outside?

3? The Bar down town, Bar Mixx in Porto Alegre, any words for a first timer, also is it walkable to the Sharaton?

4? i was thinking of going down to Porto Alegra from rio on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, back to rio on Monday? is 3 days too long, or should i add another day?

thank you for your help, right now i am planing a 26 day trip in June...

Guest tomcal

1)airport to hotel. cab? bus?

Cab! it is only about 12+ mins from the airport to the Sheraton and $24R or about U.S.$8.00 I know nothing about the bus system there, but since P.A. is so quick and cheap to get around in a cab, those of us who go there regularly always take cab.

2)Sheraton hotel to Mezziniu cab? about how much? about how long? will they call a cab for you at the club for your return? or are cabs waiting outside?

There is a taxi stand right across the street from the Sheraton. The Sheraton hotel to Mezz about the same as the airport as it's in the same general direction, so about 12 mins or so depending on traffic and I think around $18.00R or roughly US$6.00. yes they will call a cab, cabs are usually not waiting but when they call they are there in 5 mins.or so, as you are paying your bill ask them to call a cab.

3)The Bar down town, Bar Mixx in Porto Alegre, any words for a first timer, also is it walkable to the Sharaton?

Bar Mixx is NOT downtown and yes it is walkable, this last trip Driver walked it. if I remember he said it was about 20 minute walkI wouldn't recommend it however. it's less then a $10 cab ride U.S.

4)i was thinking of going down to Porto Alegra from rio on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, back to rio on Monday? is 3 days too long, or should i add another day?

3 days is fine, especially your first trip! after you get to know somme of the guys then adding a day or two is great as you would have someone(s) to hang with. Monday to thurs it is kinda dead!

• Members

OK..I'm slipping, because I missed the maid... :D What a beauty!!!

http://www.boytoy.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=22516

AND AND AND...this stunning child. Ain't life grand....

ricardotat.jpg

I'm just curious Tomcal, but have you ever considered doing a travel blog? Your knowledge, and attention to detail is quite impressive, and the stories that you post are well written and very entertaining. You literally take the viewer and place him in the situation, as if we were right there with you.

Guest tomcal

OK..I'm slipping, because I missed the maid... :D What a beauty!!!

http://www.boytoy.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=22516

AND AND AND...this stunning child. Ain't life grand....

ricardotat.jpg

I'm just curious Tomcal, but have you ever considered doing a travel blog? Your knowledge, and attention to detail is quite impressive, and the stories that you post are well written and very entertaining. You literally take the viewer and place him in the situation, as if we were right there with you.

Thank you MsAnn, I look at what I post here as my travel blog! lol I try to give the info and description I would like to know if I was reading these exploits on some else's postings!

here are a couple more of my law student friend. definitely one of the all time best guys I have met in the 14 years I have been going to Brazil!

post-119356-0-61394600-1430612364_thumb.

post-119356-0-99545100-1430612384_thumb.

• Members

ricardodeck.jpg

Well he's a keeper....Speaking of which, I'm not sure you have ever mentioned it, and I am unfamiliar with travel restrictions, but do these guys travel, and have you ever considered bringing them to the States for a visit? Not sure you would even want to, but I was curious if it was possible.

Friends of mine who travel to Thailand, will bring a boy back to the states for a visit every now and again, on some sort of convoluted work visa which they have somehow worked out.

Guest tomcal

"but do these guys travel, and have you ever considered bringing them to the States for a visit? Not sure you would even want to, but I was curious if it was possible"

Up until about a year ago it was next to impossible for a sauna boy to get a visa to visit the U.S. Last year the rules were relaxed and I know of 3 different guys that took vacations here last year. My friend has a college degree and been a international exchange student so he has no problem getting a U.S. Visa. We are working on him coming this August, but he is also planning a trip back to China so we are trying to work out the logistics. A ticket from Porto Alegre to Miami is just over $1,000. so not bad. American Airlines has direct flights from Porto Alegre to Miami.

Guest Trench

Not to detract from all the marvellous reporting, the correct name of the venue is Mezzaninu. Like mezzanine with the final e replaced by u.

• Members

Someone messaged me today and asked if I saw the law student in Porto Alegre this trip. Yes I did we went out for sushi at lunch one day and he came over to the hotel two different afternoons. Very smart guy, I am always impressed when I talk to him. He speaks Portuguese, English and Mandarin, was a exchange student in China, works Mon - Fri. at a law office as a clerk, on weekends plays in a band, and is starting a shoe importing business from China! He may be coming to the U.S. this summer if we can work the timing out. He is the first two pics.

Mikey is one of my very favorites also in Porto Alegre. Sweet guy! pics 3 & 4

and lastly my two favorites from Meo Mundo

Although I love all of these pics, I especially adore the guy on the right in the last one. But, if I could be with both of them, I'd do it in a heart beat! :P :yes: :yes: :P

Guest tomcal

Although I love all of these pics, I especially adore the guy on the right in the last one. But, if I could be with both of them, I'd do it in a heart beat!

Axiom here is a better view of both of them for you!

post-119356-0-41267600-1430680837_thumb.

Guest tomcal

:lol: I don't have any photo editing software! lol and as someone who has been up close and personal with it many times for the past two years I can say it's just about perfect size...actually William standing next to him iin the previous pic is probably 2" longer and much thicker when hard! He is 26 cm.(about 10"+) I think Jefferson is about 20cm(close to 8"). Here is another view for comparison!

post-119356-0-55979500-1430687935_thumb.

• Members

tomcal, how likely are these two to be at MM on any given week? do you usually just run into them or plan out ahead of time? I will be going in two months and would love to meet at least the first 20 of those cm's he's carrying!

Guest tomcal

tomcal, how likely are these two to be at MM on any given week? do you usually just run into them or plan out ahead of time? I will be going in two months and would love to meet at least the first 20 of those cm's he's carrying!

You will definitely be able to meet Jefferson! The two won't be there as William doesn't work at the sauna anymore, but Jefferson works there on Monday and Friday nights for sure. BUT...If you see him, don't be shy, approach him right away! He is very popular and usually sees 3 clients a night! I have them both come to the apartment the last few trips, they show up for lunch we go to a restaurant near the beach and then back to the apartment for a couple hours and then Jefferson and I ride the metro to Meo Mundo or 117 depending on the night. He is totally versatile likes both topping or bottoming and he really a nice guy! Last Saturday when I flew from Rio down to Sao Paulo to fly home, Jefferson had just gone the day before with friends to Sao Paulo for the first time. So we arranged to meet at Lagoa sauna. When I got there at 5:00 he was already surrounded by both sauna boys and clients since he was "new". He could have made good money that night but after we were down he got dressed and said he wanted to go out and see Sao Paulo and I guess he makes enough at Meo Mundo that he is not hurting for the money! :-)

• Members

Last night I left at 7:45PM as the first wave or all of the waves had arrived in there was no Jefferson sighting. The place was busy. The had a special CHER show last night so most everyone was congregating in the bar instead of the TV room, A few were downstairs, but not many.

Guest tomcal

...there was no Jefferson sighting. The place was busy...

He messaged me yesterday and he just got back from Sao Paulo Monday. He was with his girlfriend, they now have matching tattoos of each other's name! He just turned 21 in Feb. and they have been dating since he was 15! :logik:

• Members

dear TomCal

what a great blog this has been, i plan to hit rio in June, and a weekend in PA, all from your recommendations and adventures.

does the Calvin Kline model live in rio, SP, or PA,

one more question for you, best month to go june or july?

Guest tomcal

dear TomCal

what a great blog this has been, i plan to hit rio in June, and a weekend in PA, all from your recommendations and adventures.

does the Calvin Kline model live in rio, SP, or PA,

one more question for you, best month to go june or july?

Thanks Tealady!

Clayton the model lives in Rio and works at 117 I think only on Tuesday nights and some Fridays.

as far as the best month to go, it varies for me by city. Think of Rio like Miami type climate with reverse seasons, so Rio in June/July is similar to Miami in Dec./Jan. you may have some days in the 60's and nights definitely will be. But I have gone almost every year since 2001 in June and usually the weather is good.

Porto Alegre is a Brazilian city with defined seasons! Porto Alegre is located in the subtropical zone and thus features a humid subtropical climate similar to SE U.S., June - Aug. can drop down in the 40's (bring a jacket and sweater)or can be in the 70's. FROM WIKI:Porto Alegre climate: The winter is mild, windy, rainy and quite changeable, which is also a feature of this time of the year. Usual winter temperatures range from 4 °C (39 °F) to 16 °C (61 °F). In the coldest days of the year the temperature may fall slightly below zero, like in 2012, when it recorded −3 °C (27 °F).[15] Snow is very rare, sometimes confused with sleet.[16]

The only snowfall events in Porto Alegre were in 1879, 1910, 1984, 1994, 2000 and 2006,

I always avoid July, as that is the month all schools in Brazil are closed and the families take vacations and everything is more crowded. I have been to Brazil in every month of the year, but stick to a Jan -March/Apr -June - Sept/Oct time frame usually for the 4 trips a year I make there.

• Members

:lol: I don't have any photo editing software! lol and as someone who has been up close and personal with it many times for the past two years I can say it's just about perfect size...actually William standing next to him iin the previous pic is probably 2" longer and much thicker when hard! He is 26 cm.(about 10"+) I think Jefferson is about 20cm(close to 8"). Here is another view for comparison!

After I visited with Jefferson, I'd definitely would have to have a very, very torrid 3WAY!!! Again, thanks, Tom!

• Members

It is cold and wet, with rain off an on right now. People are definitely dressed warmer at night. Daytime was great yesterday. The whole city seems to be sniffling, sneezing and hacking right now. Including myself. Change of weather. High mid-70's and low mid 60's today. Sweater weather here. Even more popular are that lots and lots of guys wear hoodies. When it gets humid and the wind comes off the water, it feels much colder than official temperature.

Guest tomcal

High mid-70's and low mid 60's today. Sweater weather here. Even more popular are that lots and lots of guys wear hoodies.

Just after I read Ihpguy mentioning the guys wearing hoodies because of the cold weather, one of the guys I know well in Porto Alegre were the weather has also turned colder, posted this pic yesterday! Two weeks ago when I was there it was mid 80's this week it is forecast to be low 70's daytime and Low 50's night time. definitely "hoodie" weather.

post-119356-0-83707900-1430919553_thumb.

Guest tomcal

A quick summary of this last trip. First it was great seeing "Driver" it had been a number of years since we had been Hoing together. Having Ihpguy come down from Rio for the weekend in Porto Alegre made it all the more fun!

The saunas were all good with Lagoa in Sao Paulo surprisingly busy on a Saturday night and Pointe 202 in Rio better then I have seen it in several years! Meo Mundo and 117 were the same with as in the past, same nights as always were their busiest, being Monday and Friday at MM and Tues and Thurs. at 117

Mezzaninu in Porto Alegre was good on Friday and Saturday, slower on Thursday and Sunday but still at least 15 or so guys on those nights.

Of all the guys I met this trip, the following 5 were the best and are all great guys! Several are guys I have known for several years and two are new this trip.

post-119356-0-53486700-1431209183_thumb.

post-119356-0-77446700-1431209223_thumb.

post-119356-0-68640000-1431209249_thumb.

post-119356-0-98398300-1431209276_thumb.

post-119356-0-90926800-1431209353_thumb.