gap1972

Dec 2015, Rio & São Paulo

Perhaps my different experience is related to the fact that I travel alone rather than bringing along someone 6'2 185lbs to underscore my physical limitations. I am fully aware of what a bargain Brazil is and, when necessary or deserved, I happily pay more than is required. Still, I have never been made to feel that my size determines the prices I am offered. I only offered my own data points in case other big guys are reading this and inclined to think they must offer more to get the same treatment as others. It turns out that my cash is perfectly sized.

The beauty of Brazil besides the beaches and number of hit boys is that there is somebody for everybody....if one garoto feels the need to charge more or that a client is too overweight or to much work....there is always another 40 to 50 others....

I think we should try to keep things on a positive note sticking strictly to our personal experiences and take into acvount everyone's level of sensitivity....

• Members

I think we should try to keep things on a positive note sticking strictly to our personal experiences and take into acvount everyone's level of sensitivity....

A peculiar comment coming from the same poster who initiated this conversation in this thread with the following remark:

I do know the prices can go higher if the client is deemed less attractive, a hassle or extremely overweight...

• Members

It's a balance... I think clients should pay what they feel comfortable paying without feeling either ripped off or taking advantage of someone in a compromised situation.

...I know the difference can mean a lot for the receiver, a lot more than it could for me. However, I fully understand the need for others to be more concerned about the price differences and to make sure that their entertainment / pleasure dollar stretches.

Kudos and thanks to SolaceSoul for stating the balancing factors so well. I could not have done so good a job of it as he has done.

I hate feeling ripped off as much as the next guy but it seems to me that the forum concerns itself over much with too much and not enough with too little. Maybe that's just because I got into this through street guys who were often in that 'compromised position' SS mentioned.

Or maybe I'm just an idiot and a sucker for a good con. :logik: Really, I was being kind to myself when I added 'maybe' to that statement. :lol:

• Members

A peculiar comment coming from the same poster who initiated this conversation in this thread with the following remark:

Damn, SolaceSoul!

Here I was feeling all warm and fuzzy about your prior post (& you) and busy typing up my reply and there you were taking a poke at Badboy. :poke:

• Members

Damn, SolaceSoul!

Here I was feeling all warm and fuzzy about your prior post (& you) and busy typing up my reply and there you were taking a poke at Badboy. :poke:

I prefer to see Solace as defending those of us with less than perfect bodies. Still,I agree that we should keep to positivity and I will endeavor to do a better job ignoring what feel like categorical attacks.

• Members

Kudos and thanks to SolaceSoul for stating the balancing factors so well. I could not have done so good a job of it as he has done.

I hate feeling ripped off as much as the next guy but it seems to me that the forum concerns itself over much with too much and not enough with too little. Maybe that's just because I got into this through street guys who were often in that 'compromised position' SS mentioned.

Or maybe I'm just an idiot and a sucker for a good con. :logik: Really, I was being kind to myself when I added 'maybe' to that statement. :lol:

I started out in the "street scene" like you, so we may be somewhat kindred spirits, MsGuy. Also, I tend to cringe at colonialist attitudes of proprietorship or superiority, particularly when it comes to people of color and/or socioeconomically disadvantaged people. The Eurocentric and/or quintessential "Ugly American" traveler is a behavior model I constantly must battle and try to chip away, little by little with every trip.

For example, I don't know if it was on this message board or on another one, but I recall one very presumptuous poster saying that he would "treat the sauna boys to a good meal at a nice restaurant" instead of tipping them nicely after a hot session... what, because going to a trendy or nice restaurant and keeping you company instead of giving them the money and the free time to choose what they wanted to do with it surely suits the garoto's needs FAR more than it could ever suit the client's purposes, right? Oy vey.

• Members

For example, I don't know if it was on this message board or on another one, but I recall one very presumptuous poster saying that he would "treat the sauna boys to a good meal at a nice restaurant" instead of tipping them nicely after a hot session... what, because going to a trendy or nice restaurant and keeping you company instead of giving them the money and the free time to choose what they wanted to do with it surely suits the garoto's needs FAR more than it could ever suit the client's purposes, right? Oy vey.

A good meal at a trendy restaurant sure sounds nice. But I hope this Mr. John speaks Portugese, otherwise it would be just a silent meal, or a lot of silly baby talk.