Badboy81

Sauna scene in Germany.....

Planning a trip to Germany early 2016...can anyone provide some feedback on the sauna scene, which cities to try out and what it is like in Germany...I received some feedback from a local guy who told me the following-

Cologne have the best Saunas.... you have three huge Gay Saunas in Cologne.... open 24 hours.... Berlin also have one call Boilers.... and that one is open too 12 in the night i think... Amsterdam also have one great one and Paris.... Brussels is smaller.... it really depend on the day.....

• Members

Planning a trip to Germany early 2016...can anyone provide some feedback on the sauna scene, which cities to try out and what it is like in Germany...I received some feedback from a local guy who told me the following-

Cologne have the best Saunas.... you have three huge Gay Saunas in Cologne.... open 24 hours.... Berlin also have one call Boilers.... and that one is open too 12 in the night i think... Amsterdam also have one great one and Paris.... Brussels is smaller.... it really depend on the day.....

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The only saunas in Germany are gay saunas. If you are thinking of Brazilian type saunas with rent boys being in Germany, it is not going to happen.

Your friend told you about saunas in other cities in Europe but omitted one sauna in Europe that is predominately a rent-boy sauna, which is in Zurich, not far from Germany. The name of the Zurich sauna is Paragonya wellness club - http://www.paragonya.ch/and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2g0VcjgsK4

The sauna is in a very nice section (old) of Zurich, located in a commercial building. The sauna usually has more than 40 working guys. Considering that you like Brazil so much, you might like to know that a large portion of the working guys at the sauna are Brazilians.

The working guys are of a varied mix. Of course, most of the Brazilians are "butch" while the Asian working guys are usually "twinks" and are often rather feminine.

The club, itself, is extremely clean. The "rooms" that are available for getting together with working guys are rather flimsy with the door made of some sort of thin plastic. The use of the "rooms" is without cost.

Check out the web links I provided and you will see the general layout of the place.

Having been so many times to the Brazilian saunas and the sauna in Barcelona (thermas), I cannot recommend Paragonya as a place to make a special trip to see. It is okay but it is not one of my favorite saunas.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The only saunas in Germany are gay saunas. If you are thinking of Brazilian type saunas with rent boys being in Germany, it is not going to happen.

Your friend told you about saunas in other cities in Europe but omitted one sauna in Europe that is predominately a rent-boy sauna, which is in Zurich, not far from Germany. The name of the Zurich sauna is Paragonya wellness club - http://www.paragonya.ch/and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2g0VcjgsK4

The sauna is in a very nice section (old) of Zurich, located in a commercial building. The sauna usually has more than 40 working guys. Considering that you like Brazil so much, you might like to know that a large portion of the working guys at the sauna are Brazilians.

The working guys are of a varied mix. Of course, most of the Brazilians are "butch" while the Asian working guys are usually "twinks" and are often rather feminine.

The club, itself, is extremely clean. The "rooms" that are available for getting together with working guys are rather flimsy with the door made of some sort of thin plastic. The use of the "rooms" is without cost.

Check out the web links I provided and you will see the general layout of the place.

Having been so many times to the Brazilian saunas and the sauna in Barcelona (thermas), I cannot recommend Paragonya as a place to make a special trip to see. It is okay but it is not one of my favorite saunas.

Thanks for the feedback...I was looking for traditional gay saunas, not the pay for play ones...

I will definitely look into your recommendations...

Guest cgnfunguy

Hi from Cologne

here in Cologne you will find great saunas for gays only, but without rentboys! Anyway on a sunday afternoon the saunas are packed with guys all ages - so enough to watch and eventually to play, too.

One comment to the place with Boys in Düsseldorf: all the guys there are from east Europe, they are not from Germany! But the Place is clean and nice and it depends on the guy of you will have a great experience...

On 1/13/2016 at 5:29 AM, mvan1 said:

Well, it has happened in the past and may happen again.   The Appollo Splash Club/Club Sauna Brasil in Berlin used to have large numbers of rent boys.   They were the ones usually wearing trunks and there was a range of types.    I used their services on a coupe of trips & on others got lucky with regular clients of a youthful appearance.

Then, perhaps 6 years ago, they rebranded and got rid of all the "trade".   

I did read they rebranded again last year & all the trade was back, but there was a fire before I could make it there to investigate.    Apparently it remains closed after that.

So, I suppose action remains on line & concentrated in the rent bars (such as around Fuggerstrasse in Berlin).    A pity, since the sauna did work well.