travguy

Athens Greece 2016

• Members

Athens Greece 2016

For cruising and punters there is very little current information in English for Athens. I could not find anything approaching a decent gay map for Athens either.

For a regular gay night out on Friday or Saturday night, most go to Gazi, just west of central Athens.

For boys, Athens is not what it was 5-10 yrs ago. Quite a pity. Despite all the immigration troubles, there is not a huge selection of boys available for hire. (I do not wish the troubles on anyone.)

There is a park just 4 blocks north of the National Archeological Museum. Near the SW entrance, it has lots of drug users. Far more more than in the past. In the western half of the park there are 2 small

churches. As you face each church, there are obvious areas of use to the right, given all of the condoms on the ground etc. But mostly other horny guys and virtually all over 30-35 y.o. That can be lots of fun. There are groups of younger immigrant guys wandering around, but they mostly seem to be hanging out and not that interested in making money, although many older guys would pay.You can play in the woods off any path. The Greeks seem to have absolutely no issues about this. Just stay out of site if playing, as some kids and families do use the park. All of my comments are for late afternoon activities. Not sure how safe the park is after sundown.

I have seen some postings about the Zappeion area - which is about a 1km or so SE, but have never been there at MN.

Bars with boys: Barino 22 Makedonias (my spelling might be off), S of Victoria Metro - was padlocked. But maybe just for the winter. Paint and padlock looked new.

Sammy's, 30ish Filis, just north was open at MN Sat. night. Less than 12 older guys and I only saw a few boys, so I left quickly.

I could not find a bar called Epta near Derigni and Attalos, NW of Victoria M.

Test Me is at 64 Pipinou N of Victoria M. Lots of punters and maybe 8 boys at MN Sat night. But where to go to play? Most hotels would likely not allow a romp, but there was a posting elsewhere about a

nearby hotel by the hour or equivalent.So by Athens standards, likely not cheap. Maybe, from the other posting, 50-100+ Euros in all. Not expensive compared to Berlin or Spain.

There might also be some places SE of the Acropolis Museum on Lempesi St, but I cannot comment.

The 3 saunas do not get great reviews, even for non paid sex.

There are some adult video stores or arcades. Not certain if any boys go there.

That leaves the Kosmoplit Cinema about 2 blocks N of Omonia M and next to the Kosmopolit hotel (mind you there are different spellings in English). 4.50 Euro admission, likely good all day with in and out privileges I think. The old days of the other cinemas are far gone. The boys at the KC often do not do as expected, but do not seem too pushy. 10-30 Euros depending on the boy and your interests. At least they accept the agreed price without trying to rob or mug you. So even a boy that does not do as expected will not set you back too much money, and you can still have a bit of fun, and then try another. You can play in the cinema, but most all meet there, chat a bit, and head to bathroom downstairs. There are also 2 other rooms to play in.

Certainly less than prices to play in Germany or Spain. However those guys are hunkier and more likely to offer what was agreed to. I had difficulty in finding boys who would bottom, some would only offer to let you suck them. If they suck you, they put a condom on you. I would not doubt that the boys come and go quickly. Many spoke arabic.

We could really use some additional info and a good map for all of this.

It is not the same as yrs ago, but still fun.

• Members

Thank you for your trip report TravGuy! I find it amazing that in countries with high unemployment (Spain and Greece come to mind) there are not more local fellas looking to make some easy money

IME The more enterprising guys move to London so they can work and escape the family and their prying eyes.

FWIW In the last 12 months, I've met 2 Greek talented cocksuckers and I've encountered more than 6 young Spaniards who were happy to bottom for me in the hope that, as an older man, I'd take good care of them.

• Members

IME The more enterprising guys move to London so they can work and escape the family and their prying eyes.

FWIW In the last 12 months, I've met 2 Greek talented cocksuckers and I've encountered more than 6 young Spaniards who were happy to bottom for me in the hope that, as an older man, I'd take good care of them.

where did you meet these young Spaniards?

• Members

I recently returned from Athens, 6 amazing, eye opening nights, I frequented a bar called Sammi's. Full of Middle Eastern men and their admirers. Had 2 very hot experiences, both guys I'm guessing were both straight, tops only with one of them being the best lay of my life! There is another bar there named 'test me' which apparently is similar, it was closed each time I went, the sign was there but the barrier was down on the window, tried it three times and gave up. If anyone knows if this place is still functioning let me know. 

• Members
On 5/25/2017 at 8:04 PM, enlglishmun said:

I recently returned from Athens, 6 amazing, eye opening nights, I frequented a bar called Sammi's. Full of Middle Eastern men and their admirers. Had 2 very hot experiences, both guys I'm guessing were both straight, tops only with one of them being the best lay of my life! There is another bar there named 'test me' which apparently is similar, it was closed each time I went, the sign was there but the barrier was down on the window, tried it three times and gave up. If anyone knows if this place is still functioning let me know. 

just a recap, Test me is now open as I discovered on a recent work trip, and its as good as Sammis, but in a safer neighborhood. I also was introduced to a bar named Bizzar which is the same sort of set up but more Greek/Albanian. Super hot, everyones friendly and welcoming. All three of these bars are in walking distance to each other.