Suckrates

Grandma Wants to Know

• Members

tumblr_n2y5sru71M1qemky4o1_400.gif

I am puzzled !   I dont think the lack of participation since the upgrade has anything to do with it being a Summer lull.   Something else is going on here but I cant figure out what it is.  Maybe its difficulty logging in, lack of subject matter, site fatigue ?   But its something.....   Does anyone have any ideas other than Ms guys Summertime theory ?    ALL of the threads are hardly getting any views, although it does show that people have been here.   Puzzling........  

• Members

Thanks for asking, Suckrates. Logging in has become a cumbersome procedure for me since the "upgrade". It takes several tries before the main page loads (many error messages) and, when --or if-- it finally does, the message center page takes forever to appear. Once I am there, I have to supply my credentials several times before the system finally recognizes me, and I am not even sure then that I am getting the latest page. It is like pulling teeth. I have therefore reduced my visits and my posts. It is frustrating: I find useful information in the European section, where I also contribute, and I enjoy the pics you post, Suckie, thanks. I need my "fix", but it is getting increasingly difficult to get...Everything worked perfectly before. I posted a message on this in the appropriate section of the board.

BTW, I don't like the new "slow typing" system. Maybe it only happens to me: the characters I type do not "print" immediately, but intermittently. I do not find it cool.

I have the same problems as Numerito. There are several severe pathologies in the forum upgrade: Despite clearing cookies and history repeatedly in FireFox (Win8) I still cannot log in at all from my laptop. And on my iPhone 5C, the typing has a bizarre sluggish lag that makes posting a painful procedure.

And I have the same login issues as Numerito described.

I love Oz and his techs but this forum version has demons in it that make it unprecedentedly difficult to participate.

• Members

Yes to all of the above.  Many times I can read the posts but cannot or do not reply because of the numerous times it takes to log on.

It took 5 tries to log on this time.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Thank you ALL for your replies,  I am happy that your non-participation has to do with technological problems and NOT anything personal in your lives...  Would hate to lose any one of you.    YES, I too have experienced log-in problem, but after several combinations of diff log-in sequences, I found one that Worked for me, albeit a lenghty process.   Also, the posting of the pic galleries for me now takes twice as long (and its was a long process to start with) , but I had gotten several messages that guys liked and missed the pics, so i am trying to accommodate.... (although I dont ALWAYS post twinks,  sometimes the gallerys are Self-serving.  You know Grandma likes muscle with Big cock)  LOL.   

Anyway I know Oz reads the threads so perhaps he will take heed and fix the issues?  But dont give up guys.  We are a community here, and need EVERY member to participate to really have Fun.....    Happy SUMMER !

• Members

Yes the log on is painfully slow...but...

My one complaint about the site as always been the same. Once I post a reply, and I change my mind for whatever reason, I am unable to delete it. The system forces me to post something, and should I want to edit my post, the time frame the system allows for that is very short, sometimes as short as 20 mins. I find that incredibly frustrating, and I just don't understand why posters aren't given more flexibility. I will look back sometimes and either find an error in my post or want to add something, and find that I am unable to make any corrections or additions. I also find that the software doesn't allow the insertion of allot of images. On other sites I can link or cut and paste almost any image I find on the Internet without problems. Here, only certain images are accepted, and it has nothing to do with the content of the images. The whole procedure for posting is just NOT very user friendly...IMO...and I will just never understand why there is a limit on "likes" allowed to be given in a one day period. That's it...Ms Annie exits stage left.  :bye:

• Members
3 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

the typing has a bizarre sluggish lag that makes posting a painful procedure.

That is exactly what I called the new "slow typing". It happens on my iPad, and it drives me nuts!

• Members

Suckie-

I think it more likely that Oz will take head and then fix the problems. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

I'd mostly drifted away before the upgrade but still checked in, however I'm now having very similar problems, when I go to the bookmark I've used for years I see the normal page with the login in the upper right, click to login and it takes me to a database error page in a loop.  It's like the system isn't going to let me in 'till I agree I'm over 18 on the front page.  As soon as I click that I'm logged in and happy.  Wish I could just go straight to the forums, maybe with one click still.  

The drifting away is mostly do to work and family issues.  I regret it though and wish I was still in better touch with the original Weho crowd.  Was just thinking the other day it'd be nice to have a brunch or dinner.  But I'm probably too busy for the next month...

• Members

Well Grandma keeps posting pics hoping to  LURE the guys back who enjoy looking at boys, dick and ass.. But its so discouraging not to see a single person VIEW the gallerys.   This too has to be a software glitch because even on the thread that received Replies, it shows NO views.  How can that be ?      However, if it turns out you guys are Tired of the same ole dick and ass pics, I'll gladly cease posting them and spend that time in my yard basking in the sun and working on my tan...  Just let me know...

Guest lurkerspeaks

the Views counters are not working.. look at a thread that has responses, yet it says no one has viewed it. You can't respond to something if you haven't viewed it. 

• Members

I'm having the above problems too.  I have no idea if what I am typing will in fact post.  I've also had trouble posting reviews.  After days of trying I did succeed in posting 1 of the reviews on 6/5 but it hasn't posted yet.

Guest tanman4u

I've been away from this site for several months, for no particular reason, but just decided to join back up today.  While I had no sign-in problem, I can't seem to do any searches at all.  Everything comes back with nothing found.  Surely in all of the Tampa Bay area (where I'm currently searching) there are some guys listed.

Guest Erostotle
Erostotle

i WOULD HAVE SIGNED IN, BUT MY PROFILE had shown me as living in Alabama. Could not correct this, yet finally I logged in.

Can't imagine how many other folk find that a problem

Reply to this

Guest Erostotle

One site has a grandma, the other site has a daddy. Must be confusing to new comers. Once they see Grammy does a heck of a job here, they forgive. Or so I think.

• Members

For what it's worth, sometimes I experience considerable delays opening up this site, to the point I open another window and spend some time reading the news, checking my web-comics for updates and otherwise dicking around in cyber-space until BoyToy finally links up. Sometimes not.

Usually I have to click on two different buttons to log on, occasionally only the first button appears and (rarely) I'm logged on when I open the site. The latter only occurs when I've previously logged on within the last few hours (but again not always).

Being somewhat addled, I can't say whether all this coincides with the latest update or not, but I do clearly recall that at some point not all that long ago, I experienced none of the above difficulties.

• Members

My participation on this site has decreased due to health and work-related issues.

I used to post pictures on the weekends. But, the process for uploading pictures is so cumbersome and time consuming that I gave up. I have to upload pictures individually and can't get multiple pictures to upload as a group.

When the site isn't user-easy, I typically avoid it. That's the case on this site. There are some SERIOUS issues with the site software.

• Members

Since the upgrade I've had problems getting on if using Safari, so I am using Firefox with a modicum of ease.  I do miss reading, especially in the international travel sectors.  Wish the guys who travel to the South would write about their experiences and continue to cite valuable information for the use by future travelers as well as those who are just interested in reading and living their adventures vicariously.

I am one who comes here regularly to read, view, and post when necessary! 

Thanks, Suckrates for this thread!