12is12

Guidance for return visit to Rio

Hi all,

I've already exhausted the archives here as well as Google, but still have questions. Please bear with me.

I visited for first and only time in 2011, and went only to 117. Felt so good, didn't check out other places. This time however, for Sund (closed) and Tuesd (packed?), I'll need to diversify.

BTW, per the education I received here, 5 years ago I posted at least 7 detailed / lengthy reports, It seems there are very few posts like these nowadays.....   )-:

Here is the first batch of questions:

1) Recommendations for hotels with easy metro access to 117 and NMM ?

2) 100 R is the going rate, I guess. If I want only an oral session without fucking and without the GP cumming, is it reasonable to pay less? If so, how much?

3) 5 years ago I was guided to a dictionary of sex terms in Portugese. Please guide me again.

4) Any chance of finding a GP who's cut?

5) Is 117 really open with real action till 1:00 am (per websites)? 

6) A post here mentioned free same-day re-entry at 117 as some kind of personal gesture. Did I understand correctly? Isn't it automatic?

Guys, please contribute as much as possible.

I promise to reciprocate when I'm there.

(-: 

Guest bobbalino

Item 6, 12is12, was me. I have since seen one other reference elsewhere re: waived re-entry fee. I assume it is a courtesy, though I do not know of it is a formal reg. At this point, as one is checking out for an off-site break yet paying account out (obligatory), I would get the attention of the on-duty staff and give them a 'heads up', bearing in mind not all the desk attendants are there for the full shift. The pivotal person, a woman (name, anyone?) seems to be really on the ball ... I got the sense she entered my name from memory on the account after a few visits, and she is the one who recognized me on same-day return. I would not have had the presence of mind to request such a concession.

Guest bobbalino

Boquete (passivo, ativo); com camisinha, sem camisinha? Nao trepar/fuder; Nao gozar/porra/leite

All you need for your fundamental specs in the order you presented ... more fully fleshed out details at internationalsexguide.info, directionality SAmer, Brazil, Portuguese words and phrases. A few rather bloggy pages but overall a good menu from which to select compared to Lonely Planet's phrasebook/dictionary on the topic.

Guest bobbalino

Rare species in their natural habitats ... sympa.

I am in Rio for amuse bouche a week straddling Pride mid-Nov. Will post a brief ethnographic review.

Then extended snowbird more full-course visit Jan-Feb-ish, but pre-carnival.

18 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Hi all,

I've already exhausted the archives here as well as Google, but still have questions. 

2) 100 R is the going rate, I guess. If I want only an oral session without fucking and without the GP cumming, is it reasonable to pay less? If so, how much?

3) 5 years ago I was guided to a dictionary of sex terms in Portugese. Please guide me again.

6) A post here mentioned free same-day re-entry at 117 as some kind of personal gesture. Did I understand correctly? Isn't it automatic?

(-: 

1) all of them are within 5 blocks or less

2) and 4) NO.  I have been with lets just say somewhere approaching 4 digits in Brazilan guys and can count on one hand how many were cut!  

You paying for their time not the act! Do Not Be Cheap!  

6) Unless they know you Well there is no free readmission!   i get free entry but they have learned they make money off me. But have only left and come back to the same sauna a very few times to meet someone dont think that is a deal breaker!  The busy time at all of them is about 5:30 - 9:00  so if you leave and comeback the night is usually about done!

I dont pay a admission at MM 

Guest bobbalino

A propos of 2, it can be complicated to 'hold the mayo', as performative labor there is somewhat pre-scripted. I have found it simpler to be an "easy rider" and pay up irrespective of the full BLT versus holding all but the toast bookends. I make it clear that I pay a standard base rate (an amount no GP would find objectionable). And I have signals for reassuring the fellow if he puts more performative value on parts of the choreography that I eschew at any point in time due to my own peccadilloes. 

Nary a pushover or hustler be. I may con playfully as part of the courting. But I always cough up the base amount, and that is established prior to cabin stage. Some guys upfront propose what I view as a staggeringly low-balled price, translating to a reduction pittance in my currency context. I enforce my base rate standard, even if the GP has in his mind a fee gradient based on some kind of unofficial menu card. Enter guy-directed compliment here. Take a wild guess what kind of extra bang for buck (literally) that gets you. And how emancipating it is to circumvent nickel-and-diming.

If your arousal template is predicated on chipping away for the best possible bargain-basement price, that is a different kettle of fish. Go for it if it floats your boat ... your particular exchange dynamics orientation is your prerogative and it's your psychic turn-on and penile blood flow to own. Find your own balance. Personally I find my own quasi-manipulating non-malevolent play to be entertaining but not eroticized.

Here I belatedly preface I describe, not prescribe, what works for me. I assert no claim to best practices expertise.

Bobbalino, I don't begrudge them their well-earned money, and the rates ARE low compared to anywhere in the US/ Europe. Fortunately, I also don't need to count my dollars. However, I do need to understand accepatble norms. I don't want to pay double the standard rates, and (at least way back) some members here maintained that too generous patrons raise demanded rates for everyone. Since garotos gossip incessantly about clients, it's quite easy to aquire a reputation of a sucker (no pun intended).

On a different aspect, and please - no offense meant, I confess I have difficulties understanding parts of your "own quasi-manipulating non-malevolent play" in the first paragraph. Chapeau! almost Shakspeare-like prose.....

(-:

Thx Tomcal.

"Hotels within 5 blocks" - you mean of each other or of the saunas? If you mean near 117 / NMM, please share. I don't remember from 2011 any hotel within walking distance from 117, and haven't located any now.....

You write "The busy time at all of them is about 5:30 - 9:00". I'm aware of that, but the formal opening time of 117 is 15:00-01:00. I want at least one time to visit in the early afternoon and return midnightish. Persumably few patrons, but are all garotos gone?

Guest bobbalino

Respect to you too!

I had already been working out my own system of engagement prior to observing somewhat of a focus here on economies and considerations of how one is viewed and appraised. On both sides of the equation between gringo and GP exist complex algorithms and contingencies. There is comfort in conforming to a more or less formulaic standard, and that is not irrelevant to me but only moderately shape-shifts my attitudes and biases about how all of this goes down. 

Gossiping about me, in my view, is more about the relational field between the gossipers and eager listeners than it is about me. It is soft manipulation and an inocuous social lubrication. The gossiper capitalizes on the opportunity to implicitly stroke the receptee's ego, a welcome reprieve from worry about coming across as disingenuous with more conventional compliments about, say, appearance. If it helps keeps the majority happy, it contributes to optimizing the setting, essential to my needs. Observing the equilibrium and adjusting balance without overthinking or acquiescing to unnecessary blindsiding distractions.

Locals and gringos as a whole sustain the scene. I do not reciprocate any antipathy directed to me by virtue of any local resentment my presence instigates. The locals have a linguistic edge and no compunction about milking social time with the hotties. I roll with that, and I can observe those cuties at a distance without triggering an automatic come on, not that I cannot enjoy and adapt to the latter. The fundamental contextual differences do not nullify the reality that floating the boat is collaborative.

For me, it is all about the signal-noise ratio. Getting what I want and need ethically, tuning out the extraneous stuff, and solidifying what is edifying to me. I don't expect my views to be highly rated, and can work out the integrative potential of others' opinions without much needed direction.

Another post here referenced the social anthropologist Gregory Mitchell's ethnographic Tourist Attractions. Interesting mental gymnastics about the scene, but devoid of price-setting thematic focus. And informative within my own personal interests and curiosities. This is organized qualitative research anchored in solid theoretical frameworks. Just as he can synthesize some meaningful coherence from his interviews of GPs and their admirers, I can try to model from him openness and respect for individual viewpoints.

Perceptual psychology added to social thought theory also influences my approach to mutually beneficial exchanges, for example, in monetary terms. This dictates how I can attempt to own the podium on fee agreement while uplifting mutual satisfaction regarding desired and met expectations. Fluidity and flexibility yields more for me than invariant prescriptions. Generally, the rate is agreed upon without me asking what is. Usually, I allude to my knowledge of the typical rate and the local/gringo differential, weaving it into an indirect narrative. Typically, I arbitrarily enhance the agreed upon fee and define it 'a priori' the key acquisition. Mostly, I bypass post-session tipping (operant conditioning) though the prospect of it for the guy may be incentivizing. Never do I capitulate to a requested gratuity. Occasionally I spontaneously provide a gratuity. Always do I encourage taking refreshments. Where possible, I spare the GP the complex dynamic of coming down in price. Invariably, I pay a small fraction of what it costs at home base. Indisputably, it neither stampedes the horses on Candido Mendes or other environs nor contributes to ruination for the local patrons. Incontrovertibly, the above is appreciably different from a year ago. Likely, it will have further morphed a year from now.

So I try to take a lot in and critically assess what I think is useful and empirically supported. And respect the obvious or hidden logic of various points of view.

6 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Thx Tomcal.

"Hotels within 5 blocks" - you mean of each other or of the saunas? If you mean near 117 / NMM, please share. I don't remember from 2011 any hotel within walking distance from 117, and haven't located any now.....

You write "The busy time at all of them is about 5:30 - 9:00". I'm aware of that, but the formal opening time of 117 is 15:00-01:00. I want at least one time to visit in the early afternoon and return midnightish. Persumably few patrons, but are all garotos gone?

in Centro close to MM there are several large hotels, but I don't remember their names but all are on Rua General Vargas the main throughfare thru downtown.you could go on google earth type in MM address and see the hotels that are a few blocks away!

You can try but the guys have to work a minimum of 3 hours so they start somewhere between 5 to 6:30 and are gone by 8:30 / 9:00   unless you prearrange something, but a sauna after 10:00 is pretty dead unless there is some special event going on.

Guest bobbalino

There is a hotel a few steps west of 117 on the south side of the same street. It was handy but I did not like it. Monte Castelo.

A few options reasonably walkable to 117 exist within a stretch between metro Gloria and metro Catete. Catete is one stop south but close. I am next staying one night at Imperial in Catete for a few witching hours before taking keys early morn to a restored colonial villa in a gated oasis 3 blocks away for a week.

Hotels locate-able on Google maps like tomcal suggests and most on booking.com if you want to waive cancellation penalties. I am surprised you could not detect.

I don't do hotels or apt hotels anymore. Noisy and expensive compared to what you can get in a home let. Will stay in a room rental with a young professional family for this winter long stay in Gloria, enabling "culinary" expense budget-padding.

Also note the metro hours tend to end shorter than you might expect. Info in the public domain. 

• Members
50 minutes ago, Tomcal said:

in Centro close to MM there are several large hotels, but I don't remember their names but all are on Rua General Vargas the main throughfare thru downtown.you could go on google earth type in MM address and see the hotels that are a few blocks away!

You can try but the guys have to work a minimum of 3 hours so they start somewhere between 5 to 6:30 and are gone by 8:30 / 9:00   unless you prearrange something, but a sauna after 10:00 is pretty dead unless there is some special event going on.

what type of events do they have on late at the sauna? as a tourist, id be looking for something to do late evening time whilst in Rio... with no clubs open what is there to do?

Guest bobbalino

Yeah, it's not the city that never sleeps. I think it's down to goodnight Cinderella without the potion, or make your own ball on the spot. Me, I'm fading by then and up early as morning beach boardwalk power-strolls then are pleasantly cooler. I would push myself to Le Boy against my better judgement though.

Guest bobbalino

Energy powers down as the GPs reach point of diminished return, have day jobs, catch last metro, live afar, have kin to get to, etc. An overnight is therefore a bigger mutual commitment. A few non-earning desperadoes may hang on cuz you are there. If it's your type of thing, on Sat The Week is hopping and is not very far n/w of NMM. Not explicitly GfP-oriented obviously.

• Members
1 hour ago, bobbalino said:

Yeah, it's not the city that never sleeps. I think it's down to goodnight Cinderella without the potion, or make your own ball on the spot. Me, I'm fading by then and up early as morning beach boardwalk power-strolls then are pleasantly cooler. I would push myself to Le Boy against my better judgement though.

Le Boy (bar, club and sauna) closed a few months back. No one has said it's reopened?

On Sunday, October 09, 2016 at 5:38 PM, bobbalino said:

A propos of 2, it can be complicated to 'hold the mayo', as performative labor there is somewhat pre-scripted. I have found it simpler to be an "easy rider" and pay up irrespective of the full BLT versus holding all but the toast bookends. I make it clear that I pay a standard base rate (an amount no GP would find objectionable). And I have signals for reassuring the fellow if he puts more performative value on parts of the choreography that I eschew at any point in time due to my own peccadilloes. 

Nary a pushover or hustler be. I may con playfully as part of the courting. But I always cough up the base amount, and that is established prior to cabin stage. Some guys upfront propose what I view as a staggeringly low-balled price, translating to a reduction pittance in my currency context. I enforce my base rate standard, even if the GP has in his mind a fee gradient based on some kind of unofficial menu card. Enter guy-directed compliment here. Take a wild guess what kind of extra bang for buck (literally) that gets you. And how emancipating it is to circumvent nickel-and-diming.

If your arousal template is predicated on chipping away for the best possible bargain-basement price, that is a different kettle of fish. Go for it if it floats your boat ... your particular exchange dynamics orientation is your prerogative and it's your psychic turn-on and penile blood flow to own. Find your own balance. Personally I find my own quasi-manipulating non-malevolent play to be entertaining but not eroticized.

Here I belatedly preface I describe, not prescribe, what works for me. I assert no claim to best practices expertise.

Wait...what language is this? 

Are you joking or really type and talk like this?

Guest bobbalino

You wanted to move on to to posts/threads interesting to you, ignore the opposite, not complain, and not be called out for trolling. But you also want to express your opinion. That's the thing. But why not have it all if that is truly what you want?

30 minutes ago, bobbalino said:

You wanted to move on to to posts/threads interesting to you, ignore the opposite, not complain, and not be called out for trolling. But you also want to express your opinion. That's the thing. But why not have it all if that is truly what you want?

Ill try to understand what you tried to say here....

I don't consider commenting or reading or replying back to posts "trolling"....

I haven't said anything negative in a while but I actually TRIED to decipher what you typed and just decided to leave it alone...

My question was genuine though....BUT you may not be American so that is why it was so hard for me to try to understand your wording...

No disprespect

On 10/8/2016 at 6:03 PM, 12is12 said:

Hi all,

I've already exhausted the archives here as well as Google, but still have questions. Please bear with me.

I visited for first and only time in 2011, and went only to 117. Felt so good, didn't check out other places. This time however, for Sund (closed) and Tuesd (packed?), I'll need to diversify.

BTW, per the education I received here, 5 years ago I posted at least 7 detailed / lengthy reports, It seems there are very few posts like these nowadays.....   )-:

(-: 

1) Recommendations for hotels with easy metro access to 117 and NMM ?  Highly suggest staying in Copa or Ipanema and just staying near a metro station....google hotels near metro stations in Copa or Ipanema....there are tons...

The touristy areas have higher quality hotels and are safest for somebody that does not speak Portuguese

Rates are not set in stone BUT you get what you pay for...Unless you are extremely attractive and really do not need to go to saunas...you are not really getting any major discounts or deals....

That said, it also depends on how busy the place is...how hard up the garoto is for cash that day, how easy a mark you may appear....

Just keep in mind you get what you pay for...

Google is your friend!

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-talk-dirty-in-Portugese

Good luck....7.4% in Brazil (13% in Rio de Janeiro)

You literally can find stats on anything from Google

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_circumcision

The later it gets, the more dead it is...the guys working in the saunas have lives/families and tend to get in early so they can leave out and hang out or go home to their families....

You may see some of the truly gay ones around the beach or maybe Lapa...I have more than once or twice

Probably not happening unless you are well know and a regular (who would never leave and go back)...

Guest bobbalino

Tomcal, you "have been with [let's just say] approaching 4 digits in Brazilian guys and can count on one hand how many were cut". I grew up in the bush and worked in sawmill environments during my earlier misspent youth. The first thing I was advised? Always keep your hands in your line of sight. ;)