PopeFrancis

Sao Paulo: Hotel recommendations

• Members

I've been searching this forum all afternoon and there aren't many hotel recommendations for Sao Paulo.

So does anyone have any recommendations / experiences of hotels in Sao Paulo - I'm thinking in terms of:

1) ease of travelling to Lagoa and Fragata

2) ease of bringing back overnight guests

3) and maybe ease of getting to a safe ATM / cash machine.

And whilst I'm on... are there any hotels to avoid?

• Members

PopeFrancis, if budget is not a problem for you, I recommend you Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, near Paulista Ave. One of the best hotels in town. Subway is three blocks away, and you can be in 20 minutes at Lagoa. Fragata is pretty close too, but I was pretty amused with Lagoa for fun moments.

If you are on budget, try ibis budget Sao Paulo Paulista. It is in the same area, pretty decent. Rooms are very small, but the price is just a fraction of Renaissance. 

Both hotels can give you some trouble bringing guys. I recommend you to book for a two person room, and then check-in your guest. Or ask for two keys and give one to the guy so he can go directly to your room. Both hotels have elevators that requires keys to work.  OF COURSE, exercise common sense about who are you going to bring to your room.

When are you going be @ Sao Paulo?

• Members

Thanks handlebreak

I'm probably in Sao Paulo - 27th - 30th Nov 2016.

I shall look into your suggestions (I tend to be a last minute booker)

That said, whilst it's easy to find hotel recommendations for Rio and Porto Alegre... I found few mentions of hotel names in threads about Sao Paulo... so I thought it would be good to try and collate a few recommendations here...

• Members
2 hours ago, PopeFrancis said:

Thanks handlebreak

I'm probably in Sao Paulo - 27th - 30th Nov 2016.

I shall look into your suggestions (I tend to be a last minute booker)

That said, whilst it's easy to find hotel recommendations for Rio and Porto Alegre... I found few mentions of hotel names in threads about Sao Paulo... so I thought it would be good to try and collate a few recommendations here...

I'll be in São Paulo as well from Nov 28 - Dec 4