Badboy81

Just a thought on the sauna scene...

I tend to go to Brazil during major holidays or tourist events and have noticed that when I have been on non holidays a few differences...

During New Years and up until Carnival, there are a lot of guys working in the sauna that do not work there year round...

When there are a lot of tourists in town, the money is great and there is LESS competition since the locals and tourists make the saunas full!

I have been getting messages from some guys I keep in contact with that the money has slowed down a little bit since the major holidays are over...Not sure if this is a cry for me to send money or is the actual truth...

I see a lot of locals and regulars when I go to the saunas and see them no matter what time of year I am there...

Ill find out how things are when I go next month...

Another thing that I have realized, while many of the boys can go get jobs doing other things....The money made in saunas is very significant...

One boy told me that he makes about 4500R per month in the saunas...that is very, very good money by Brazilian standards and would make him considered middle class if he is making that on the regular....

The typical police officer makes much less than that...

• Members

I'm also in contact with a few guys in Porto Alegre...

They say the sauna tends to have less people (both boys and clients) in January/February, as people tend to want to go to the beach instead...

Sauna numbers start to increase in March, after carnival, when the weather begins to worsen and people return from the beach...

One guy in Mezzaninu, told me he would earn 2000 R$ per month (doing about 3-4 nights per week)

...and if he did a full time job in a mobile phone shop, he'd earn 1800 R$ per month