Tomcal

Mexico vs Brazil

I have heard some amazing things about different parts of Mexico, especially compared to the US dollar and the ease of traveling there...

I have only been to Mexico City and Cancun but will definitely try different parts of the country...

I havent been into Mexicans in general but when Im in Cancun I do have a guy that I see regularly...

I can understand the interest in Mexico over Brazil for a few factors....the ease of getting there, how far your dollar goes and the Spanish/Spanglish is a lot easier to master versus Portuguese PLUS Brazil is so corrupt all over the place and they make things that should be easy so difficult....

There is great Expat communities on FB for every area of Mexico where you can find out everything you want to know about a specfic city or town.

I was talking today to a owner of one of the Rio saunas and he said business at all of them is way down and he doesnt know how much longer they can hang on, given that 98% of their revenues comes from locals,  many of whom have lost jobs during the current crisis going on in Brazil. I said a year ago i doubted the saunas would be around in 5 years...maybe alot less!  The computer/cell phone apps/ grindr etc., just like happened in the states is coming to Brazil maybe sooner then expected!

i am planning on going down in September but may spend more time in some of the other cities and onky 4 or 5 days in Rio!

Guest KevinC
10 hours ago, Tomcal said:

there is a bigger selection of "muscle guys" in the resort cities.

That's too bad...I like muscle guys...oh well.

2 hours ago, Anthonyvan said:

just wondering what cities you typically stay in

My house is in Merida which a lot of people haven't heard of but its the capital of the state of Yucatan and about 1M people.  It is about 90 miles west of Cancun.