Guest freeyourmind

GoGo rip off (kind of)

I understand your frustration about this, as it happened to me many times here in Pattaya. It happens everywhere, no matter which country I am in. There is always that special something I will not agree with. Once I get involved with a guy and spend some bucks for a nice "Dinner" Evening, I know I have to pay attention to the smallest details. Sad to say but I don't want to let that few bad experiences ruin the whole thing. I move on.

I would for sure go back to the place and talk to the owner, if possibility to do so. Cause it happened and it will happen again and nobody speaks out.

Haven't been to K*********** since it opened again but I will watch out from now on..

Thanks for the Info.

Stef

Guest Hedda

I have always wondered why offing a waiter should be any less or more than offing a dancer, expecially since some guys seem to do both chores in some bars, depending on what day of the week it is.

I can see paying more to off an owner. . . but then who would want to ?

BTW, I was in a Pattaya bar in the Boyztown area over the weekend, where the owner seems to think that playing a TV next to the dancing stage, featuring the woman's fashion channel showing skinny women in skimpy lingerie, is entertainment. Granted, some of the boys would rather watch semi-naked ladies on the runway, than dance for or smile at the customers, but I won't be back at that bar until that owner wises up. Most of these guys may be straight, but do they have to remind us of that right onstage ?

Guest freeyourmind

Dear Admin person

You dear are doing a disservice to your readers by deleting a few letters from my post which would identify the dodgy bar and thier tactics.

I understand you may be leary of providing clear and honest information about bars, but since there are two gogo bars in Sunnie that have a name beginning with the letter "K", it is a bit confusing to the readers which gogo bar I was referring to.

Please allow me to set the record straight (since you didn't) and tell your readers that the bar in my previous post IS NOT KAOS BAR. It's the other one whose name starts with the letter "K". No harm done this time. We all are here trying to help each other. If you delete a part of a post, please make sure it doent change the gist of the post.

Thank you..

Oh, and KAOS is a fun bar, never been ripped off and always treated fairly. The owner is kind of a stange bird, but he ususally doesn't say much. To each his own.

Freeyourmind :) I like honest information and I will always share as much information as I can. But I also want to keep it simple and "Safe

Wow. I step away for a few days and all this exciiting stuff happens. How do I miss it? :) jk

I have been taken by many a bar in Thailand. There is one bar in BoyzTown that had my bill wrong 5 out of 5 times I have went there. The last time it happened, it took 45 min to get it right. They thought I was going to just pay the extra 2 drinks they added on to the bill. I did not. I patiently waited.

I have not had this happen in Sunee. I did go to one bar one and one of the doormen was dancing on stage. I took him off and they tried to charge me doorman prices. I told them no that tonight they had made him dance on the stage and he was a dancer and not a doorman. They relented. It was only 100 baht. But, it was also the principle. Actually, the doorman sent me a text message asking for help. They were short on guys that night and he had to dance. PLEASE he said. Come get me. OK, I said. And, I did. The rest is history. :)

It is slow season and I have been to a few bars and was the only customer. That puts pressure on them to make some money. I don't think what happened to this poster is right or even ok. I just take it as part of the territory and try to watch every bill I have.

First, let's not jump on the moderator of this message board for not allowing the bar to be directly named or given a "can't miss" hint. The libel laws in Thailand are such that it could place him in legal jeopardy.

I don't really think it matters as to which particular bar it was. It could happen in any bar. The main thing is to alert people that this sort of scam exists at all, so that people know what to look for.

I also agree with Hedda, in that I too have never understood why it should be more expensive to "off" someone who works at a bar, but is not a go-go dancer. If the logic behind it is that there are a lot more go-go dancers than there are waiters or doormen, then I don't see that as valid logic because they are rarely taken "off" in the first place. Also, any of the go-go boys are usually glad to serve drinks or handle the bill when waiters are not available. Also, how many boys are truly necessary to be outside shouting "Have BOY, sexy BOY. Welcome inside, Mister!"? If there is a true justification for higher "off" prices for them, I don't get it.

In any case, unfortunately more bars than just one have unscrupulous mama-sans who will try to scam an unsuspecting "farang" out of a few hundred baht when they see an opportunity. For that reason I think the incident itself is far more important than the particular bar in which it occurred.

Guest freeyourmind

Thank you all for your timely comments. Much appreicated for all of us readers.

I disagree with G/T or was it G/B who said it is the incident which is important, not the establishment.

I totally disagree.

Yes, the incident is bad, but the only way to put pressure on the owners to hire decent staff is to hit them in the pocket book.

Complaining isn't something I do because all it does is make them (The staff) lose face and that in itself can be dangerous in Thailand.

The establishment(s) who allow rip offs to occure should not only be identified but need to either correct the problem or close up shop.

Of course if no one knows which establishment(s) are ripping off customers, they will continue to do so and what kind of example is that for the other establishments? Do you really think the staff and management people don't talk with all the other bars? Wake up my friends, they are closer friends with each other then you or I will ever know.

Let the customers start sharing information about the low life thiefs working the bars and watch how fast the place will go belly-up or change thier respective policy.

Once it is known by the bar staff that when you rip off a customer that soon few customers will be walking in your establishment, the message will be crystal clear.