Suckrates

GUNS...WTF Trump ?

Guest Larstrup

ROFL! What a moronic idiot! The president of United States has just proposed grabbing your guns without any due process. He’s sabatoging both the right and left’s ability to get something done here. He is facilitating the myth that the Democrats want to take everyone’s guns away from them and creating an enormous divide between the only people (aside from the children - I’m betting on them) who can currently make any change in law.

He’s unfit for everything!

1 hour ago, Larstrup said:

I’m just verklempt.

Again, with feeling...

We just have to wait two or three or four years, till the Millennials and Post-Millenials grow in number to take control.

Then America Exceptionalism (q.v.) will bound forth in a quality and strength not even imagined by the Greatest Generation.

Just hang on.

Guest Larstrup
5 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

Again, with feeling...

We just have to wait two or three or four years, till the Millennials and Post-Millenials grow in number to take control.

Then America Exceptionalism (q.v.) will bound forth in a quality and strength not even imagined by the Greatest Generation.

Just hang on.

That’s completely wrong. If we look at the data of the teenagers who will be eligible to vote this year in the mid terms and then latter in the presidential election you’re looking at over 18 million new Voters who will have nothing to do with this. There is no more waiting. It’s happening now.

2 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

That’s completely wrong. If we look at the data of the teenagers who will be eligible to vote this year in the mid terms and then latter in the presidential election you’re looking it over 18 million Voters who will have nothing to do with this. There is no more waiting. It’s happening now.

Well, I agree with that too.

Excellent. :devil:

The gun lobby just; stupidly, challenged DJT to a mano-a-Mano standoff.

He doesn't need their $$$.

So what we are about to witness will be very interesting, I think.

NRA members on Trump's plans for gun control: 'Every word of it was a betrayal'

Trump embraced raising the age limit on purchasing certain weapons and confiscating people’s guns before going through due process

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/01/trump-nra-gun-control-response-members-latest

• Members

The millenniums may indeed take over but if there is a real attempt to confiscate 300 million guns there will be sustained rioting or worse.  I don't think it feasible to do so.  Does everyone on this board really think that all gun owners are wild-eyed, mentally defective potential mass murderers?  

Best regards,

RA1 

• Members

It is a recurring hysterical theme somewhat evidenced by the mention n the Daily News segment.  Let's put it this way, if there was never another gun sold of any type nothing would change from the current situation.  Therefore to change things guns eventually must be confiscated or so goes a theory.

Best regards,

RA1

22 minutes ago, RA1 said:

It is a recurring hysterical theme somewhat evidenced by the mention n the Daily News segment.  Let's put it this way, if there was never another gun sold of any type nothing would change from the current situation.  Therefore to change things guns eventually must be confiscated or so goes a theory.

Best regards,

RA1

I think that's a pretty wild-eyed view of things as they are.

The notion that military-grade weapons of war should not be in the hands of private citizens seems to me rational & reasonable. To exaggerate that into a notion of confiscation of all guns of any type seems to me fairly silly.

• Members

I don't think very much of anything will happen and I am content with that.  Legislating morality never has worked and it won't work this time.  However, my fingers are crossed.

Best regards,

RA1

7 hours ago, RA1 said:

I don't think very much of anything will happen and I am content with that.  Legislating morality never has worked and it won't work this time.  However, my fingers are crossed.

I get what you say. I agree somewhat, but not by far entirely.

There is a deep citizens'-right-to-bear-arms embedded in the 2nd Amendment. That was informed by the existence of George III, and goes beyond the Original Intent of having immediately armed states' militias etc. to quell slave uprisings.

But it is far more than clear that the gun manufacture industry, as I have said here before starting just after the cessation of the Civil War, put out a very effective PR campaign to distort & grossly enlarge the perceived intent of the 2nd Amendment to allow any grossest kind of abuse of firearms weaponry at all.

Obscene Congressional uptake of firearms makers' lobbying funds is the clearest present proof.

• Members

I don't think there is any way to have literal strict interpretation of the Constitution + amendments.  Although the closer we can come the better.  The framers of same would not recognize society today (I almost don't either).  

Congress critters have been swayed over and over by special interest groups so why not the firearms lobby?  Are you sure graft and corruption are not integral to the Constitution?  ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

23 minutes ago, RA1 said:

Congress critters have been swayed over and over by special interest groups so why not the firearms lobby?  Are you sure graft and corruption are not integral to the Constitution?  ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Well, you have a point there. B)