• Members

I read it with interest, having visited INHOTIM last December and being unaware of these aspects of its history ... who is surprised about shady dealings in any context regarding Brasil? However, I was put off by the writer's early comment about the subject having a yellowed beard due to smoking. This kind of gratuitous remark is foolish and manipulative. Poor editing. If it was meant to be metaphorical regarding land contamination it missed the mark.

I am vehemently opposed to cigarettes, but the article subject's whitish beard is the same colour as his hair and the beard is kept trim. It would be a challenge to tar it up. The man behind the beard has enough aspersions, however legit, cast against him without this stupid low blow regarding physical attributes. 

• Members

Inhotim is an amazing place...a fantasy park for lovers of the arts. My friends and I first read about it in an assignment for our Portuguese class in California. We always visit at least one new city or locale in Brazil on our annual trips there so we grafted a visit to Inhotim on our second trip to the metropolis of Belo Horizonte and the state of Minas Gerais. And, BTW, there is at least one sauna com garotos de programa in Belo Horizonte that has been reviewed elsewhere in this blog.

When we arrived at Inhotim, we quickly discovered that the park is so huge we were only able to see a small fraction of the art installations at Inhotim on our day trip from B.H. A few of our images of the park are attached. By the way, Inhotim has a wonderful restaurant that opens to gardens, sculptures, and a stream. Highly recommended for lunch!

My travel buddies and I would be interested in returning to Inhotim to see more of this incredible park but, in my mind, this investigative report linking the park's founder with corruption and environmental pollution scandals places the future of Inhotim in doubt.

IMG_1865.JPG

IMG_1868.JPG

IMG_1873.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1875.JPG