RockHardNYC

After Sinatra?

• Members

15sinatra-barbato-2-jumbo.jpg?quality=90

I never found Frank Sinatra attractive, and I never thought much of his voice. I also never knew he remained close to his first wife Nancy long after their divorce in 1951. With a life like theirs comes a roller-coaster ride of tremendous joy, pain, and sorrow. And yet, somehow, love endured. It's a fascinating story.

The obit: Nancy Barbato Sinatra, an Idol’s First Wife and Lasting Confidante, Dies at 101

• Members

Frank-Sinatra-and-Ava-gardner-567299.jpg

Sinatra left his teenage sweetheart Nancy, the New Jersey mother of his three children, for Eva Gardner, who, before turning 25, was already on her second divorce. Her first marriage was to Mickey Rooney.

image.jpg

Frank's rocky marriage with Gardner lasted only six years. It was her last. Supposedly, she endured two abortions while having sex with Frank, blaming her contract with MGM. He cut his wrist in an attempted suicide to manipulate her into keeping him.

Ava Gardner was known to be a selfish, lonely, needy type. She hated being alone, and apparently slept with many men while being married to Frank. Gardner later claimed Frank was the love of her life. They both were addicted to cigarettes and drank a lot. All that happened before 1958, a few years before I was even born. Frank had much more life yet to live, and Nancy was around to see it all.

It's difficult to believe that in 1992, Frank's daughter, Tina, produced Sinatra, a CBS biographical drama about Frank, and cast Marcia Gay Harden as Eva Gardner. I like Marcia Gay Harden, but I'm sorry, she is no Eva Gardner.

sinatra_gallery_07_lrg.jpg

ava-gardner-1.jpg

Unless they loved his voice and personality (maybe he had a big dick, too), I just don't see what beautiful women saw in this guy.

article-1325443-05F62B3C000005DC-936_233

• Members

The ultimate in, tough guy?  He liked to play the latter but was not really physically up to it.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
3 hours ago, RA1 said:

The ultimate in, tough guy?  He liked to play the latter but was not really physically up to it.

He was not physically up to it at all. The toughness was a myth. Ava Gardner later wrote that she eventually grew tired of his "feminine" manner. She said she felt like she was making love to a woman, complaining he was afraid to be rougher with her, as if fearing she would break.

Physically, he wasn't a stand out in his youth. Skinny and scrawny, not very sexy at all. His arms and legs were pretty laughable. As a young man, he almost had the body of a 70-year-old.

be0222ad113051d0735ffc0fe59fdf85--young-    3635da2d41044e14b1ea0f708270ac7a.jpg

7e0f0130cf5f0c068069532c614324a7.jpg

I never really thought that Marc Anthony was all that handsome, and when he was married to J-Lo, I was often reminded of Frank Sinatra snagging the beauty. However, I always thought Marc Anthony could SING his ass off. And you know what they say about those male Latin lovers. But still, how do go from Ben Affleck to Marc Anthony in bed? That's quite a difference.

Jennifer-Lopez-Marc-Anthony-Instagram-Ph