BiBottomBoy

Amazon Delivery Problem

So my parents bought me  a PS4 from a third party seller on Amazon.

Today they messaged me and asked me why I hadn't thanked them for it.

Since I knew nothing about it I was like "Huh?"

They showed me the tracking that says "Delivered to neighbor."

So, I guess it was stolen?

Anyone know if with a third party seller on Amazon if there is anything I can do?

• Members

Your parents need to report the non-delivery to Amazon if they haven't already.  Somebody needs to get the delivery service involved.  

I own a delivery business of our own products so we eat it if our delivery personnel delivers anything to anyone else other than the recipient.  If the delivery company says delivered to a neighbor they should have a signature of who signed for it.

Yeah. I'm going to try to find the delivery service in the morning and see what they can do.

It's frustrating. It's a 500 euro limited edition Spiderman PS4 at one Terabyte.

And since only 50,000 were made replacing it would be all but impossible.

I really hope that a neighbor knocks on my door tomorrow.

• Members

It's very expensive to have to reschedule a re delivery.  We usually include the name and address of the neighbor in our delivery confirmation when we leave it with a neighbor.  This is one of our most last resort delivery methods. 

We're going more and more to rescheduling deliveries.  As the delivery business has increased exponentially and there are more reported cases of theft of delivered products this also opens the opportunity for unscrupulous recipients to claim non delivery  to get a second delivery (Hopefully a very small percentage but never provable in the case of product left at door).  

So that possible recipient fraud combined with actual thefts are reducing the numbers of deliveries we leave when no one is home.  I just had this conversation this morning with my delivery manager.  As our cost of replacing missing product increases we will minimize our exposure by leaving an attempted delivery note followed up by phone contact more often now delaying the recipients more immediate pleasure of getting it sooner.  

We're a major US city Florist delivering 100's of orders a day.

I would have preferred a note!.

And honestly usually between me and my partner there is always someone here all day.

But this week my partner is on a cruise and I had no idea this delivery was coming so I took my partner's dog out on an extra walk this afternoon.

And you have to understand getting something so nice from my parents is very, very rare. Like usually it's just a 20 buck thing for Christmas.

This gift kinda meant that they finally accept me - which makes it maybe being stolen even worse.

• Members
3 hours ago, RA1 said:

Being accepted might be more important than the gift.

Perhaps. Let me see how the will reads. No matter, no one should tolerate a stolen gift sent from parents.

I've always lived in a doorman building, so I have no idea what it's like to rely on a neighbor for deliveries.

On the other hand, I never trust 3rd party anything. Never.

• Members

I understand your point but money isn't everything.  How one is treated and how one treats others seems more important to me.  Some money is necessary to participate in economic intercourse.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
54 minutes ago, RA1 said:

I understand your point but money isn't everything.

Money is not everything. For sure. My "point" was more about humor and edge.

Money does not buy unconditional love. It does not buy rock solid friendship. It does not buy happiness. It will not cure depression. That said, money does buy excellent health insurance, but it won't necessarily save your life or provide a better quality of it if you're too ill.

Money can be a generous way to show someone that you love him, especially after you die.

Money does buy a nice house and pretty things to put in it. Money also buys a great car. If you drive a lot, there's nothing quite like driving your fantasy vehicle. Money can buy an excellent education, but if you're not lazy, you can get educated on your own for far less. Money buys comfortable travel, and IMO, there's no better way to get educated.

And finally, at $300 MSRP, money will buy a PlayStation 4.

• Members

Money will also buy you a private aircraft which eliminates (in the US) most of the TSA annoyance as well as waiting in line.  To me there is no exhilaration like flying where ever and when ever one wants.  The journey is the point, not the destination.  Also having another do the piloting would only be second best.

However and I have had this discussion with various passengers and owners, there is no such thing as complete safety or security.  Money can buy you a private island and lots of body guards but you are still susceptible to the whim of an assassin. I think anonymity is a better precaution than money and I have plenty of precaution available to me.  :)

Best regards,

RA1 

• Members

I  thought that was the point of a forum (talking).  I did not realize that there were "topic police" lurking.

Join the fun and "just talk".

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
1 hour ago, RA1 said:

I thought that was the point of a forum (talking).

Some people don't get the point. They'd rather criticize and judge, and perhaps stare at an empty page.

PS  To be fair, I think the post where BiBoy says he got his package went missing in the upgrade glitch. I'm in the camp that says, when a thread has reached a conclusion, chit-chat with other members is OK.

• Members
On 11/29/2018 at 5:09 PM, BiBottomBoy said:

I would have preferred a note!.

And honestly usually between me and my partner there is always someone here all day.

But this week my partner is on a cruise and I had no idea this delivery was coming so I took my partner's dog out on an extra walk this afternoon.

And you have to understand getting something so nice from my parents is very, very rare. Like usually it's just a 20 buck thing for Christmas.

This gift kinda meant that they finally accept me - which makes it maybe being stolen even worse.

any update??......