Lucky

Mattis Quits

TRUMP AND SYRIA: ONE REASON I'M NOT A LIBERAL. The Vietnam War and 'counter-insurgency warfare' designed by Cold War liberals left a bitter legacy. I'm not into humanitarian interventions, especially in the Middle East. I prefer the 'non-interference in each other's internal affairs' of the Five Principle of Peaceful Coexistence. 'Morning Joe' has been wall-to-wall in favor of keeping our troops in Syria. Not me. I'm for bringing them all home now.

Trump has his reasons and I have mine, and they are not the same. Trump has likely made a pressured deal with Turkey who wants US troops out of the way so they can go all out against the Kurds. I'm all for the Kurds, and have been for 50 years. They are constantly betrayed by superpower allies. They will find new ones, and fight on. My reasons are that there is no justice in continuing the war in Syria, the US should have never intervened in the first place. So I draw a line between the antiwar forces and Trump, but I also draw one against the liberal interventionists who would have us s continue the bloodshed by our hands. 

• Members

US troops are not in the Kurdish area and even if they were they would step back and watch NATO member Turkey kill every one of them in front of US troops if it wanted. The US has never cared about Kurds.

It only cares about killing as many Syrians as possible to add to the half-million Iraqi children we killed before the Iraqi invasion through sanctions, the half million we killed in the invasion, the half million children we've starved to death with sanctions in Yemen,  and the million dead in the Syrian civil war we started. We're the USA. We think in terms of millions. 

Edited by tassojunior