enlglishmun

Lebanon

• Members

Anyone been and have some tips, i have to go for work, have an apartment to myself for 7 nights. Ive done some googling and not sure its worth the risk of trying to find some fun. I have to go to Iran straight after this trip so I could definitely do with some fun beforehand. 

• Members

I’d definitely prioritise safety over fun in Lebanon.

I can relate the experience of a good friend, a gay man, who was there on vacation 3 years ago. He’s savvy and he had visited 2x before, travelling with another male. On this last trip, he was travelling in a taxi a long distance to visit a particular site in the Bekaa Valley when the taxi was stopped at a roadblock. The roadblock was manned by Hamas and they decided to detain him and dismissed the taxi. He was held for about 4 hours and questioned as to his reasons for visiting. Luckily he was able to establish some rapport with one of the leaders (as they had both lived for some time in Madrid) and they decided to release him. The guards summoned a taxi to take him back to the city and told the driver not to charge him but to send the bill to Hamas.