Badboy81

Flights to Rio On Sale from MIA

• Members
7 hours ago, paulsf said:

AA is only flying 777’s to Gig and Gru.   They use a 789 out of Lax.   

Really?  Fantastic.  When did this change out of MIA? 

I know about the newer equip from JFK/LAX... That's how I'm routing down in next month.  I was seeing 767s on the MIA/DFW NS runs a few months back.  Great if that's changed!  I was thinking it was a typical AA seasonal thing. 

Edited by BenjaminNicholas

On 2/8/2019 at 10:49 AM, BenjaminNicholas said:

For which dates?  

Assuming it's on AA, who's flying really dated 767s down.  They need to move their new(ish) 777s or 787 on the route, but that's not likely to happen anytime soon.

The flights were on LATAM from MIA...

I really dont care what type of carrier it is as long as it gets to to Rio in one piece and that it has television on the flight

I just flew to Salvador Bahia on GOL....great price but neither the flight to or back to MIA had any TVs on the long flights...

• Members
On 2/9/2019 at 3:21 PM, Badboy81 said:

The flights were on LATAM from MIA...

I really dont care what type of carrier it is as long as it gets to to Rio in one piece and that it has television on the flight

I just flew to Salvador Bahia on GOL....great price but neither the flight to or back to MIA had any TVs on the long flights...

If you do not mind watching entertainment on your cell phone or other device, LATAM has television, movies and other data on board.  

Follow the instructions on this link prior to your next flight:

https://www.latam.com/en_us/about-us/experience-on-board/latam-play/

• Members
24 minutes ago, Badboy81 said:

LATAM offers TVs on their flights from MIA to Brazil

Depending on the type aircraft that is used on your flight, you might need to use the app I mentioned in my post above.  There is a link to how to get the app.  LATAM has an entire web page discussing their app and how to download it.  

When you are on the flight, it is not possible to download the app described on the link I showed you in my earlier post.  You must download the app prior to boarding.  

If you intend to use LATAM again, it might be a good idea to download the app now.  You never know, for sure, which type aircraft will be used.  You might get one without seatback screens.  

After your flight leaves, if you are on one of the aircraft that does not have seatback entertainment, you will be able to use your own telephone or other device, without cost, on the plane to watch the specific programs offered.  There are select movies and various other type of entertainment on each flight.  

Check out the link.  It will show you what is available and how to use the app after your plane departs. 

You never know if an airline switches out one type aircraft for another type.  Some have seatback entertainment while others do not.