Steveocean456

WhatsApp anonymous?

• Members

Hi guys. First of all thank you for all the Bogota information that I’ve received so far. I’m going on Friday!

Most of you tell me that WhatsApp is essential to communicate with guys there but I’m very down low and do not want my actual phone number known out there. Any ideas? I plan to get a Colombian SIM card once I arrive but I understand that my real number still involved (I still don’t fully understand how a foreign SIM card actually works!). Please help me!

Can I get an anonymous number on WhatsApp? Burner phone (I don’t really know what that means but I’ve seen references)?

gracias 

• Members

If you get another SIM card in another country, you will have another, local phone number assigned to that SIM card. You will not use the same phone number that you use in the USA or your home country. Once you h e that number, download WhatsApp (or use the existing WhatsApp app on your phone), and it will detect a new download and ask for the number you are assigning to your new WhatsApp download. You will then get a security texted to that number that you will have to enter before activating your WhatsApp account. Then, you’re in business with your newly assigned WhatsApp number.