mvan1

Who said you cannot afford to visit Barcelona - - - -

• Members

That is dirt cheap @mvan1 (but then it is in coach). 

I wonder whether it’s a mistake fare or if it’s perhaps to price-match fares being offered by another airline such as Norwegian?

Did you attempt to make a booking? (I ask only as I’ve known very attractive fares in business/first to appear at times but then disappear when it came to the actual booking)

• Members
4 hours ago, msclelovr said:

That is dirt cheap @mvan1 (but then it is in coach). 

I wonder whether it’s a mistake fare or if it’s perhaps to price-match fares being offered by another airline such as Norwegian?

Did you attempt to make a booking? (I ask only as I’ve known very attractive fares in business/first to appear at times but then disappear when it came to the actual booking)

It is not a mistake fare.  Mistake fares are usually lower than the fare shown.

There are fewer mistake fares shown in the past year or so.   Computer technology has improved which currently catches mistakes usually before the mistake fares are shown to the public.  

This ad offers a lot of flights all the way from November into March of next year and the flights are on United Airlines.   If the fare were a mistake, United would have pulled the offer by now.  The offer still shows on United's web site.   

• Members
59 minutes ago, Thomas_88 said:

Hi guys,

The site isn't up to date I think because Brussels Airlines uses a new logo (with a B instead of an S) for at least ten years.

You might want to check the ad again.  

The flights are on United Airlines, not on Brussels Airlines.  

Yes, the ad is up to date. 

• Members

You may get a cheap flight ... HOWEVER, if you prefer tourist home platforms, the inventory has reduced significantly, along with inflated prices and continuing high tourism volume other than day-trippers. Overall annual tourism represents at least 15 times the city's population. 

Barcelona is cracking down on unlicensed rentals and is doing so effectively, with a vast increase in inspectors and huge fines (including a large one imposed on Airbnb HQ) to fund the oversight. The city officials have a zippy tool to scan listings for compliance.

I was recently surprised to see Airbnb rates so much higher and selection so much smaller compared to 2016 and compared to Madrid and Seville in 2018.

I suggest that if you rent from Airbnb, etc, vet your choice by ascertaining the host is licensed for the accomodations. 

Edited by Riobard