Anthonyvan

Bogota Trip Journal 6-15 Nov

• Members
On 11/30/2019 at 10:55 AM, davet said:

In the price list someone previously posted, "morbo" was in the lowest scale, less than "penetracion." I think in this context it would mean "fooling around" or "making out." Kink is usually a higher price than full service, no? Slang is very country-dependent, even when they ostensibly share the same language so while morbo means kink in Spain or elsewhere, it might have a different meaning in Colombia.

I did not see the price list. And I am referring to its usage in Colombia and my experience talking to guys in Bogota and in Medellin, or I would not have weighed in. In all cases, morbo was used to mean kinky, such as watersports. It would be strange indeed if it was commonly used both ways, but I guess not impossible. Thanks for providing a reference to evidence, as I agree with your interpretation of the price list--kink would indeed be expected to command a higher price.

Using Scruff to search locally in Bogota, I do find many guys who include morbo as a clear indicator of kink, including references to: bondage, watersports, domination and humiliation, blow-and-go, and even k9, complete with doggy emojis. But I also do find some that seem to be using it to mean affectionate. Confusing, and maybe can be chalked up to a high percentage of tourists/immigrants there, although one of the kinkiest guys identifies himself as native Bogotano. Maybe it's one of those things where you just have to pay attention to the context.

• Members

I think I started all this conversation around "morbo" when I asked:

As a native speaker I know very well what morbo means. It means kinky and passionate, it could even mean "freak". I asked the question because I did not understand the use given in the quoted sentence: "We didn't have sex cuz he's only into morbo." To my Spanish, it does not make any sense.

• Members
9 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

I think I started all this conversation around "morbo" when I asked:

As a native speaker I know very well what morbo means. It means kinky and passionate, it could even mean "freak". I asked the question because I did not understand the use given in the quoted sentence: "We didn't have sex cuz he's only into morbo." To my Spanish, it does not make any sense.

Indeed. On Scruff, there is a guy seeking "morbo sin sexo", so I do think some guys there use it to mean affection/cuddling. But the other meaning is more widely used, as a quick scan of any sex/dating app will show. Strange...now I'm wondering if any guys I chatted with were trying to tell me they only wanted affection! LOL