RockHardNYC

Michael Bloomberg Apologizes for Stop-and-Frisk: ‘I Was Wrong’

• Members

Michael Bloomberg Apologizes for Stop-and-Frisk: ‘I Was Wrong’

I saw the apology. He read it straight from a piece of paper. Does he honestly think the Black community is going to forgive him over some prepared speech? I don't think so.

Some of these wealthy, egotistical male politicians are really stupid sometimes. There was no single person in Bloomberg's camp to tell him his apology MUST appear to come from his heart, and he absolutely must memorize his words and MAKE them sound spontaneous?

What a FAIL. Let him spend his billions bad-mouthing Trump. Money well spent. But I don't see this candidacy going anywhere.

• Members
10 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

More than once in 2011 I was with my black & brown friends (to repeat myself yet again) & we found ourselves out too late too loud & I had to throw myself between that white-ass between & that bus.

Fuck you fuck with my friends Mr Bloomberg simply because they are of color.

At least you are blaming (correctly) the guy at the top rather than the cops on duty.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
5 hours ago, TropicalBeach said:

I normally applaud public apologies since they take a lot of courage

I totally agree.

5 hours ago, TropicalBeach said:

but this one is too little, too late, and reeks of insincerity

Bloomberg had the perfect opportunity to create his very own Barack Obama Amazing Grace moment. Had he played this moment right, he could have generated a storm among his rivals. I mean, good God, this golden opportunity was sitting right there, staring him in the face. And he fucking blew it. Well guess what? You can't get that moment back, and Blacks in his hometown aren't buying what he's selling. How out of touch can any white, Jewish, obscenely wealthy politician be?

Edited by RockHardNYC