Lucky

Census Questions Intrusive?

• Members

Today I filled out the census forms, it does go on and on. There was concern that by asking citizenship questions it would deter immigrants who are not citizens from participating, thus leaving them undercounted. I always thought that the census was to count the number of people in the country, out of which political seats would be issued. But if hordes of immigrants do not respond, they lose representation. The census should focus on building trust and not statistics that don't help determine the population.

This census often feels like an IRS form as they ask very detailed income questions. I don't know why. The questions and suggested answers are not always consistent. Did you work at least one hour? Then tell us the annual income!

I wish they would just stop at counting the population, but that won't happen. They even want to know if you have a smartphone, computer, laptop, and Ipad. Then they ask how you connect to the internet. Are those really census questions? How about these suggested (by me) questions? Do you rim? Men and/or women? How deep does your tongue go?

I don't trust the Trump government to keep the data separate as promised. I think that they will use it in any way that suits them.

It's a $100 fine to not respond or skip questions. First though they send mailers, then a person to your house, probably wearing a MAGA hat.

What has your experience been?

Edited by Lucky