tassojunior

TIPS..My 1st CV Trip

• Members

Came down to Sarasota and Clearwater for a week. Some observations:

TSA now allows you to bring in carryon 1 bottle hand sanitizer up to 12 oz and 1 pack of wipes. Bring them.

The airlines are "requiring" masks to board but not on the plane. Bring a good mask. Flights are few so planes are no longer mostly empty.

Don't expect maid service at hotels. At ours they leave clean linens by the door in a plastic bag.

At least here few people wear masks in stores and sit down restaurants and barbers are open. The 25% rule moved to 50% in a week.

Beach towns are very crowded. Look for more remote resorts than before.

• Members

The west coast is certainly safer than the Palm Beach to Miami corridor however not sure this was the time for a trip but whatever floats  your boat.  One thing I notice as I watch the numbers for Tampa to Naples is the death rate in ration to positive cases is extremely high for sarasota and charlotte counties, over 10 percent.  Possibly because of the average age of our residents.  I have no plans to do much of anything but stay at home, its safer that way.

• Members
2 hours ago, flguy said:

The west coast is certainly safer than the Palm Beach to Miami corridor however not sure this was the time for a trip but whatever floats  your boat.  One thing I notice as I watch the numbers for Tampa to Naples is the death rate in ration to positive cases is extremely high for sarasota and charlotte counties, over 10 percent.  Possibly because of the average age of our residents.  I have no plans to do much of anything but stay at home, its safer that way.

I agree about  "not sure this was the time for a trip," but it seems to have gone well.

I have friends in multiple cities in Thailand this week on holiday and they are doing fine and say the hotel service is good. Some had hotels cancel but they rebooked. Buffet breakfast is social distancing as well as pools. But, for expats that live here, travel is easy and safe.