tassojunior

Florida and Texas close bars back up

• Members

That didn't last long. Matt at Johnson's will have a fit and Ft. Lauderdale is dead again. How long until Georgia follows? In the meantime bars, which cause much of the uptick, are re-opening in several states and California is staying local-option.  Sloooow learners. 

Edited by tassojunior

• Members
1 hour ago, tassojunior said:

That didn't last long. Matt at Johnson's will have a fit and Ft. Lauderdale is dead again. How long until Georgia follows? In the meantime bars, which cause much of the uptick, are re-opening in several states and California is staying local-option.  Sloooow learners. 

Could you remind me who Matt is? Does he have a well known last name, or a number?

• Members

Matt Colunga is the owner of Johnson's Ft.Lauderdale,  Atlanta and Dallas. Before that he was manager of Swinging Richards in Atlanta and then Swinging Richards Miami when they were at their best. He started out as a barman at Secrets in DC and met his weightlifter husband in Atlanta. He's recently been on tv a lot demanding that Broward County allow strip clubs to open fully, not just partially as the past month. (He also accused the mayor of having sexually molested him on tv but refused to press charges). He has an amazing ability to attract the best-looking strippers of all types who are exceptionally pliable behind curtains. Expect him not to take this re-closure quietly.

fyN_Y01v_400x400.jpgmatt-colunga-hoodie-rev-300.jpgphoto.jpg

His younger brother is a stripper. 

He's been running "car washes" at the club during lockdown:

720b2e5c5998ac4b60fb2c4604e003f4.jpg_120

Edited by tassojunior

Unfortunately the Wilton Manors area has had the highest rate of new cases of Covid in Broward County over the last few days.  This is not going to help getting up and running quickly.  I drove past Boardwalk today and it appeared they had outdoor restaurant open.  I didn’t see any customers but there were several cars in parking lot and they had tables out.   

• Members
2 hours ago, paulsf said:

Unfortunately the Wilton Manors area has had the highest rate of new cases of Covid in Broward County over the last few days.  This is not going to help getting up and running quickly.  I drove past Boardwalk today and it appeared they had outdoor restaurant open.  I didn’t see any customers but there were several cars in parking lot and they had tables out.   

I know Matt doesnt make any liquor sales but the car washes are a fine substitute for shows up close. I see leBoy is selling liquor to go and Boardwalk is selling drinks at their outdoor cafe. Here in DC the city lets cafes have mixed drink liquor sales at a bar set up in the front window. Susposedly "to go" in brown bags. I'll suggest it to him. Semi-nude car washes with booze could be fun. I'd rent a car and get 3 or 4 washes.

Edited by tassojunior

I drove buy car wash a couple of weeks ago and cars were lines up down the street.  They are doing washes in back of parking lot so you really can’t see anything from street.  

Florida last night banned alcohol sales from any bar, club or restaurant that makes 50% of their sales on alcohol.  They also announced they are closes beaches in Miami Fourth of July weekend.    New cases are exploding here.  The young are out and about and don’t care. Those of us older folk are hunkering down inside.    Several places got closed down in Ft.Lauderdale last night for overcrowding.  

• Members
23 minutes ago, paulsf said:

I drove buy car wash a couple of weeks ago and cars were lines up down the street.  They are doing washes in back of parking lot so you really can’t see anything from street.  

Florida last night banned alcohol sales from any bar, club or restaurant that makes 50% of their sales on alcohol.  They also announced they are closes beaches in Miami Fourth of July weekend.    New cases are exploding here.  The young are out and about and don’t care. Those of us older folk are hunkering down inside.    Several places got closed down in Ft.Lauderdale last night for overcrowding.  

Bars are a huge problem. Almost by definition they are a breeding ground for covid. Don't feel alone. Here in smugly liberal DC the young well-to-do millenials and zoomers are packing the sidewalks without masks and drinking from trendy cafe front-window bars. When hot mating season starts young herds always get rumbustious, even if many are not really mating. The next president will probably need to start a war to make us forget and get out of coronavirus. 

I don't know why Matt hasn't concentrated on one of his new locations like Atlanta while Broward is closed. When they were about to re-open he announced "all new dancers", so he's not holding a lot of long-term employees. I know Ryan Rose moved back to Ft Lauderdale maybe expecting some big gigs but that's shot now.