Suckrates

Who's in Bidens Cabinet ?

• Members

Well, we know one person nominated, Mayor (gay) Pete,  you remember him, right ?   The nerdy cute guy that ran against Biden for the Presidency.   Now tapped (not THAT way) by Biden for Transportation Secretary....

And low and behold, a debate and criticism of his QUALIFICATIONS for the job has spilled over onto "the other site", where the critics (and obvious Trump nazis) are ripping him for NOT being qualified.   

To me , that's a laugh riot, considering NONE of Trumps cabinet had ANY qualification for their position other than they were either his spawn, his loyalists or his donors.

So assholes, spare your criticism and direct it to where it belongs,  the 4 years of the Trump debacle !!!!   :devil: :devil:

• Members

Funny how the biggest Kremlin trolls have dropped off that site now that the voting is finished.

That "Buttigieg-in-the-cabinet" thread is so lame it isn't worth the effort.  The OP made no point at all, just copying and pasting a news article.  :frantics:

Since the Repubs have some big gay wheels in their party not to mention a closet case or two in the Senate, I would expect the Senate to not make a big deal out of Buttigieg's sexuality.  That he is the first openly gay cabinet member is somewhat newsworthy, but not too much  The less said about it the better, to be fair to him.  He'll be approved on his own merits, and nothing else, IMO.

8dfd7743-5ccc-4c03-9f6a-f35a8ab122ca-Sou

Edited by Pete1111

1 minute ago, Suckrates said:

I dont think his sexuality is an issue ?  It shouldnt be..... I do feel however, Mayor Pete is wasted talent in his proposed position.  He should have a bigger more prominent rolein a higher office.     

I totally agree. I was really hoping for Ambassador to UN or Sec. of State. But, Uncle Joe is nothing if but boring. :)

• Members
16 hours ago, Suckrates said:

I dont think his sexuality is an issue ?  It shouldnt be..... I do feel however, Mayor Pete is wasted talent in his proposed position.  He should have a bigger more prominent rolein a higher office.     

Since Lindsey Graham is not on the review committee for Transportation he would not take part in questioning Buttigieg.  Too bad.  Could have been fun.  :devil:

Tammy Baldwin, Tammy Duckworth, Amy Klobuchar and Ted Cruz do serve on that committee so there could be some interesting banter if someone decides to "go there" about sexuality.

CBS ran entire stories about Mayor Pete when he ran for President without mentioning he's gay.  People can figure it out or not, but most don't care, except for the few that still try to fill their collection plate by preaching fear of the "gay agenda." 

Looking at the current Sec. of Transportation, one might be encouraged to get someone like Buttigieg to retool that department.

But yeah it's too bad he didn't get Ambassador to the UN.  He'll get almost no press now in comparison.

He could have an impact on the auto industry, discussed in Car and Driver.    Their piece on Buttigieg mentions he was an officer in the reserves, and a midwesterner but nothing about being gay.  

One might expect that some on either side want to highlight it, but one might also wonder if Buttigieg would rather just discuss the work.

ap-20351623667426.jpg?crop=0.668xw:1.00x

Edited by Pete1111
Edit