NomadicVibe

Curfew and Santo Domingo Tips?

• Members

Hello.  I’m traveling to Santo Domingo for the first time in a few weeks for my birthday.   How does one maximize their time with the imposed curfew?  9pm weekday and 7 pm weekend shutdown.   I was considering ensuring I stay at a hotel with adequate amenities.   Cine Lido appears to be a fail on weekends as opening at 6 pm leaves very little time to explore the place.  

Can anyone provide any tips to maximize experience with curfews in DR for individuals staying at least a week?  

Edited by NomadicVibe
Grammar correction

• Members
4 hours ago, NomadicVibe said:

Hello.  I’m traveling to Santo Domingo for the first time in a few weeks for my birthday.   How does one maximize their time with the imposed curfew?  9pm weekday and 7 pm weekend shutdown.   I was considering ensuring I stay at a hotel with adequate amenities.   Cine Lido appears to be a fail on weekends as opening at 6 pm leaves very little time to explore the place.  

Can anyone provide any tips to maximize experience with curfews in DR for individuals staying at least a week?  

This would be better suited for the LATAM board. I rarely, if ever, view this particular forum. Someone directed me to this post. So I’ll answer your question.

The curfew is now 7pm everyday. It was changed sometime in December. The U.S. State Department should give you updates on any curfew changes if you sign up for their SMART Traveler Program, if you’re a US Citizen or resident. 

All business, including stores, bars and restaurants are shut down for customers at 7, and they stop serving at 6. You can be transitioning to your hike or hotel until 9 pm without getting arrested (yes, they are serious). So you needs to plan accordingly. Uber Eats stil delivers for some  restaurants until a little after 9. Uber stops picking up customers after 9 pm. There are some authorized drivers who have passes on their windshields and are allowed to pick passengers up to take them home, to hotels or to airports. If you’re staying at a hotel, they should be able to help you with this.

if you want a dare to come over or leave after 9 pm, you’re going to need a hookup with one of those drivers, if the guy doesn’t have one already. Or else it’ll have to be an overnight until 6 am, when curfew lifts.

I can’t help you with the adult theatre Cine Lido. Not my cup of tea, and I don’t even think they’re open anyway. But if they are, like everything else, they would have to be shut by 7pm or risk going to Dominican jail. 

• Members

Sorry if it's the wrong thread to post. Newbie here. Any one was successful in contacting Manny to appoint a dates in Santo Domingo thru him? Strange situation, I was given his number, he is answering on Whatsup, telling it's him, promising all the info but... never sending anything. I am afraid that he changed the number maybe and another person is answering on his behalf. Thanks so very much in advance! My first trip is soon )) Dreaming about it but at the same time nervous that I will not be able to find anyone myself. 

Edited by London

• Members
5 hours ago, London said:

Sorry if it's the wrong thread to post. Newbie here. Any one was successful in contacting Manny to appoint a dates in Santo Domingo thru him? Strange situation, I was given his number, he is answering on Whatsup, telling it's him, promising all the info but... never sending anything. I am afraid that he changed the number maybe and another person is answering on his behalf. Thanks so very much in advance! My first trip is soon )) Dreaming about it but at the same time nervous that I will not be able to find anyone myself.

His Whatsapp profile photo for a while has been a painting of a deceased person close to him (first initial ‘T’) but I am quite sure it is Manny’s line.

• Members
5 hours ago, London said:

He will definitely provide you more information the closer you are to your date or upon arrival.   It’s probably best for you so that you don’t make commitments so soon.  I met the hottest guys from Facebook, IG.  Had I booked something and never had to book anything.    He’s just protecting himself.  I wouldn’t take it personal.  There is no shortage of hot men and “brokers” in DR.  I was pulling them from el Conde, at the beach, near my condo in the more upscale Bella Vista neighborhood, Grindr (Ensure you are in a secured building or hotel).  Manny is a great reliable guy.  Keep in mind, with many “brokers”, you will pay an additional booking fee on top of the guys.  Trust me, all brokers will be available and ready for guys the day before or upon arrival.    I also saved a significant amount of time and money by using Uber to my destinations and beaches.   I recommend a driver to anywhere you need more security or Spanish Speaking services.  

• Members
19 hours ago, Riobard said:

His Whatsapp profile photo for a while has been a painting of a deceased person close to him (first initial ‘T’) but I am quite sure it is Manny’s line.

Yep, the photo is the same. Thank you all, guys. Once I got an experience with a local “healper” in Bogota and got a lot of photos, details, prices immediately after I asked. It was in advance (before my trip) - so I was happy that I have a date on my first day, after arrival. And later I have a chance to look for more myself. Possibly Manny is just doing business in a little bit different way. I don’t speak Spanish unfortunately - and was not sure I may find a right guy myself.

• Members
1 hour ago, London said:

Yep, the photo is the same. Thank you all, guys. Once I got an experience with a local “healper” in Bogota and got a lot of photos, details, prices immediately after I asked. It was in advance (before my trip) - so I was happy that I have a date on my first day, after arrival. And later I have a chance to look for more myself. Possibly Manny is just doing business in a little bit different way. I don’t speak Spanish unfortunately - and was not sure I may find a right guy myself.

There are a few broker options. All have the capacity to satisfy take-out orders but naturally each punter may have a preference. Perhaps attend to this thread from a year ago ...

www.boytoy.com/topic/32143-dominican-republic-santo-domingo-long-report/

Sorry, I cannot get the link to work, though I clicked ‘share’. It starts around March 3rd, 2020 I think, member 12is12, under LatAmer Destinations on this board. 

Edited by Riobard