TotallyOz

Alpha Males

I guess I have always been attracted to the Alpha male. It is something I really enjoy. I don't like the younger feminine boys. I like a man: masculine, physically powerful, and sexy. I also like a guy who can take charge of situations.

I was having drinks with a friend last night and we were discussing the Alpha males in Pattaya. He gave some good advice, which I really took to heart. I used some of his techniques on a guy I have wanted to have a short time with for a long time. We were never able to come to an agreement. Last night, I let him play the role of the Alpha male to the tee. He was the one in charge and I let him take the reins. When I did, he got what he wanted and in return I got what I wanted.

Are there others who really like the Alpha males? What is your experience with them in Thailand?

Tonight I had my second date with the Alpha Male. We had a good time. I told him that I was having 5 farang friends over for swimming tomorrow. I told him that he was welcome to come but I would understand if he was not interested. He said, "You are kidding? My choice is either to hang out the bar and ask Farang for 20 baht or come to your place and swim and eat. Not a hard choice." :)

Spoken like a true gentleman.

Guest rainwalker

It's a long weekend in Canada and I've been wondering what to do.

I was thinking about jumping on my motorcycle and going for a ride in the country outside of Vancouver just to find some S curves to lean into but swimming sounds real good.

What time should I show up?

Can I bring something? Flowers? Wine?

Can I bring something? Flowers? Wine?

The lady who does my flowers disappeared. I am lost without her and have yet to find someone else I like. Suggestions on florists? :)

I am not sure riding your motorcycle across the Pacific is a good idea. I have heard that they are building a bridge from San Fran to Bangkok. I am sure that you will be able to take that when finished. :) It is done by the same company that built the new Airport. :)

Guest catawampuscat

Alpha males have a certain attraction but betas are so much easier to handle.. I think a toast tonite

in rainwalker's honour would be appropriate.. If only gaythailand had a swamp instead of a pool, I could settle in for a spell... :lol:

I think a toast tonite in rainwalker's honour would be appropriate..

haha. I toasted him repeatedly when I got my free drinks at Memories. :) However, I will make a toast to him tonight.

Cat, I do have property in Louisianna. You are welcome to take a dip there when you get the urge for a swamp. ;)

Guest rainwalker

My preference is young men at the beginning of their adulthood who are bright, groom-able, and waiting for the touch of a fairy godfather to set them free.

As an example, this weekend is my 20th anniversary; Rick (my farang partner) was 21 and I was 39 when we met in a dark tawdry bar in Vancouver. Who knew that it would become love?

For the first while, he was unsure of his power (which I quickly saw) and he would do things like walk with his eyes downcast or when he called and had to leave a message, he would say "It's only me..."

He certainly did not think he was my equal.

It took a fair bit of reassurance over a few years for him to understand that he was somebody, somebody smart, talented, and worthy and I was thrilled to be able to watch him grow and change.

The transition was remarkable.

Today he's pretty much at the top of his profession running a sizable (and important) project and supervising 23 staff.

He's a man now, 41 years old and I'm happy to have been part of his metamorphosis...

And as we were discussing our 20 years together a few days ago while planning our trip to London, he said that one of the reasons he loved me was because I believed in him and it gave him confidence to put himself in positions where he could fail.

He's fallen once or twice but picked himself up and began again.

My (Thai) boy special falls in almost the same category ... younger than me - God, is everybody younger than me? - and just starting out.

He's 21, in first year at Siam University, and has a voracious appetite for new experiences, an appetite which I hope to join him in exploring.

I look forward to watching him change into a man

Are they alpha males? Probably not but they are/were young men who could/will grow into their strengths and who can/will become powerful, as they define themselves.

I am not quite clear what an Alpha male is. The most common description seems to be the lead gorilla who bosses everyone around, shags everyone in sight and masturbates in public?

I don't think that Thai culture developes as many of that type as western macho culture. The most respected men in the village seem to be the old wise village chief and the venerable monk.

How to keep one? Well you have to make sure that you are aware of the huge canyon of difference between a wealthy, mature, well educated, western culture, gay, rarely Thai speaking farang and a polite, deferential, little English, maybe gay maybe not, Isaan type of guy who comes to the city to make money and/or an easy life. Each has different expectations, culture and desires. The chasm is vast so the possibilities of success are slim in the long term

Short term the glue of money and wealthy lifestyle will keep him. From what I have seen large amounts of money can lead to his ruin and parting - I think that Gaythailand has seen this also. Funnily enough a lot of the successful partnerships that I know are ones where the Thai guy has plenty of liberty.

Many Farangs think that they would like to provide education and some expertise for their friend to work and make a good living. Most Thais think "I have a Farang I don't need to work".

I have read several books on Thai culture and history and listened to many hours of farangs bemoaning their runaway boyfriends - often "I did this for him, I did that for him I gave him this and that and then he stole".

To answer the question - How do you keep one my answer has to be I don't know.

I am not really sure how to keep one or how to keep any one for that matter. All I can do is be nice, honest and fair. My Alpha has spent the last few days with me. He is a real pleasure and comes to me with a few surprises. I had a very small dinner last with with 7 other Farangs. I also invited 8 Thai boys to the BBQ. When the Farangs left, I told the boy I would send them all bowling. The one who stayed behind was the Alpha. He helped clean up the place and wanted to play a little bit. It is interesting to see him transform in my eyes. What I saw as a very tough street guy is becoming more and more like someone I can spend vast amounts of time with. Only time will tell if our journey will continue in the future and I am really OK with either way it turns out. For now, I am just enjoying the adventure.

Guest A Rose By Any Other Name

The lady who does my flowers disappeared. I am lost without her and have yet to find someone else I like. Suggestions on florists? :)

I was at the grand opening of Queen's Musical Bar (which for the record, I still love!) on Saturday evening. Among the many wonderful well-wishing gifts was a beautifully simple and elegant flower basket arrangement given by one of the local gay magazines. When I enquired where he bought the arrangement, I was told Niddy's Nook. Apparently, Niddy masquerades as a florist as well as a cook! You might want to enquire at the restaurant and give him a try.

And for the record, I love the alpha males. I like to surrender and let them think they are in control. The excellent truth however, is that the one with the thicker wallet is always the true "alpha male" in the end.

The Rose

TR :o

"Apparently, Niddy masquerades as a florist as well as a cook! "

Why am I not surprised ?

Roses and florists. What could be more natural ?

what's next ? A cheeseburger with thorns ?

Guest mauRICE

Cat, I do have property in Louisianna. You are welcome to take a dip there when you get the urge for a swamp. ;)

Is it one of those grand plantation houses? When can we come to visit? I would luurrve to have a picnic on the grounds, surrounded by magnolia and iris blossoms. Not during hurricance season, of course.

Don't be so nasty Hedda! You have more class than that! Just because you may look more like Stanley Kowalski than Blanche DuBois and were not invited to Louisianna don't be upset! :p

Guest mauRICE

I am not quite clear what an Alpha male is.

An alpha male is a butch stud who fucks you silly, picks up his cash and then goes home to f*** his wife, gf or katoey. Can be quite perfunctory in his manner and doesn't kiss, unless you're smooth and pretty but, hey, whatever rocks your teepee.

A beta male is a sweet, gentle boy who professes his love for you as you valiantly try to f*** his pliant arse. Sexually unfulfilled but a thousand baht richer, he then rushes home for a real f*** from the alpha male. Meanwhile, YOU rush to the bank and make arrangements to tansfer your life's assets to him (because it's luurve, baby, lurve).

A delta male is a university student. He exhibits alpha or beta characteristics or a little of both. What sets him apart from the alpha and the beta is that he doesn't demand immediate cash gratification - you pay him by the month, not by the day. He is presentable and articulate enough for you to want to "set him free." More importantly, he gives you the right to thumb your nose at your pathetic Pattaya friends who are stuck with tenured alphas and betas. And I use the word 'pathetic' here in the traditional English sense, ie, deserving to be pitied. [There's no farang like a self-righteous farang.]

A gamma male is a thirtysomething 'professional' who never seems to be at work but spends his days and nights at Silom Centre and Babylon courting farang who would like to have an older, more 'sincere' bf. In short, he is a delta pass his prime. The gamma male knows that this is his last chance to regain that condo, car and cash which he squandered away while he was a delta. He usually plays it slow as not many opportunities come knocking at his door anymore so he's got no choice but to wait for his bounty. Often, he has an alpha or beta on the side to amuse him as he waits.

Have we run out of Greek alphabets yet?

Guest takesall

QUOTE mauRICE "Have we run out of Greek alphabets yet?"

The Thais have similar analogies using their alphabet: I only rememberthe first 6 letters but there are 38 more I do not recall, It goes something like:

Ko Khai (Chicken) ก an easily dominated farang , insecure and often lays golden eggs.

Kho Khai (egg) ช a bald or shaved farang often displaying same characteristics as the chicken but without the golden eggs.

Kho Khuat (bottle) ซ the alcoholic farang- easily drained of their money and sex rarely required.

Kho Khon (person) ฅ strangely the Thais think these are only found in strait bars or silom soi 4

Kho ra-khang (bell) ฆ obese farang poor at sex and mostly slobber your dick. Generous with money in gratitude for the company

Ngo-Ngu (snake) ง profess loyalty and promise many things but never deliver. Will have many boys and unlike the butterfly will try to hide the fact.

Guest letmetellu

Quote from mauRice:- "An alpha male is a butch stud who fucks you silly, picks up his cash and then goes home to f*** his wife, gf or katoey. Can be quite perfunctory in his manner and doesn't kiss, unless you're smooth and pretty but, hey, whatever rocks your teepee." en of quote.

As I profess to be some what of an expert on Alpha Males well I should be I have only made my life around them, I feel I can give the alternative to MauRICEs very articulate thesis.

As I wanted to see what direction this interesting post went I was waiting to see if we had many other experts on this forum but I'm amazed to see not only experts but I think one Professor of Alpha males. wonderful guys to know your so understanding of observing nature, it would be interesting to know how you put this Information to good use with your relationships.

An alpha can be the above if he is older and more astute butterfly as some are you can find a story to satisfy all Types, But he will not necessarily look for another if you can make him feel the King of the Jungle, they lead you to bed you follow, let them feel as though they are the boss in bed and you can get them to do almost anything, including but not always kiss.

He will also demand you hand over the remote control not on of the TV but your life, as he is the boss and if you don't acknowledge this don't bother with him, he will only let other lesser males in, if he does not consider them a threat or they can enhance is domination, he will also give you want you want only when he is ready to do so, but you can demand the best from him he is a peacock to when his feathers are splayed so can his legs, he will give you it for fear of you moving to another even more sociable Alpha.

Everything you say is very correct though Spot On.

Guest rainwalker

Can a gay man be an alpha male or are gay men (or really butch lesbians) destined to be hairdressers to the stars and never stars themselves?

I ask because the key to "alpha"dom seems to be procreation, not just power.

And as all men are dogs anyhow, perhaps the canine example is the closest analogy.

alpha (biology)

In social animals, the alpha male or alpha female is the individual in the community whom the others follow and defer to. Where one male and one female fulfill this role, they are referred to as the alpha pair.

Chimpanzees show deference to the alpha of the community by ritualised gestures such as bowing, allowing the alpha to walk first in a procession, or standing aside when the alpha challenges. Canines also show deference to the alpha pair in their pack, by allowing them to be the first to eat and, usually, the only pair to mate; wolves are a good example of this.

The status of the alpha is generally achieved by means of superior physical prowess. However, in certain highly social species such as the bonobo, a contender can use more indirect methods, such as political alliances, to oust the ruling alpha and take his/her place.

From what I can read in this thread, an "alpha male" is just another term for a "straight-acting top", with perhaps an added extra of a moody personality?

Speaking as one who is quite fond of the straight acting guys, (and of the tops too, not always the same thing! LOL), I have to say that "alpha males" do not seem too attractive to me.

Or am I missing some more subtle distinction here?

The Thais have similar analogies using their alphabet: I only rememberthe first 6 letters but there are 38 more I do not recall, It goes something like:

Ko Khai (Chicken) ก an easily dominated farang , insecure and often lays golden eggs.

Kho Khai (egg) ช a bald or shaved farang often displaying same characteristics as the chicken but without the golden eggs.

Kho Khuat (bottle) ซ the alcoholic farang- easily drained of their money and sex rarely required.

Kho Khon (person) ฅ strangely the Thais think these are only found in strait bars or silom soi 4

Kho ra-khang (bell) ฆ obese farang poor at sex and mostly slobber your dick. Generous with money in gratitude for the company

Ngo-Ngu (snake) ง profess loyalty and promise many things but never deliver. Will have many boys and unlike the butterfly will try to hide the fact.

Impressive and amusing. Did you pick this up from your educated, hi-so Thai friends? Those of us who fraternise with bar-boys and the like could take a lesson or two.

umbled on this discussion at a fortuitous time, perhaps even propitious. Having recently (yesterday) purchased a new Honda Aero VT1100, I began mapping an odyssey for my ten week vacation which begins near the end of October and ends with the first non-holiday of the new year. Being in Southern California, I thought I would give Baja and northwestern Mexico a try. Word is there are many gardens of male delight in some of those locations to be sampled. Usually, I would spend my semi-annual break in LOS but variety is the spice... etc.

However, the comments made here reminded me of my last night in Sunnee Plaza and my encounter with an apparent alpha male. Not wanting to test the parameters of decorum in this forum at these uncertain times in Thailand, I will avoid using the actual language this man used when approaching me.

First, he tried to persuade me that he was adequately equipped to modify my entire upper digestive and respiratory systems and that I would enjoy each and every violation of those areas. He had a face like Mike Tyson, which would normally turn me off, and I am certain that if he were to remove his shirt, he would be dubbed an endangered species during hunting season of fur bearing animals. More precisely, physically I found him as attractive as phlegm. However, personal integrity forbids me to deny that a slight but memorable tremble briefly took hold of me. Unfortunately, I am the cerebral type and once again reason (Okay, fear of the unknown) dominated the adventure and I turned him down after politely inspecting the instrument he was massaging for my appraisal.

A few minutes later he returned in a completely submissive role and suggested he could perform such pleasurable practices that would launch me to another galaxy. Again, I turned him down as gracefully as possible (does that really make a difference) and ended the evening with a Chinese-Thai young man from an affluent family who had no miseries and hung out in Sunnee plaza because he just liked having sex with farang. And I had a nice mediocre-safe-uneventful (mostly) and indifferent evening of pleasure with a nice boy on my last night in Pattaya.

So, what's the point?

Since that night, I cannot get the Thai Mike Tyson out of my mind, the one who was going to re-arrange my epiglottis. And, if it were not my last night, I would have gone for it. By nature, I am a control freak (although my first sexual experience in Pattaya was with a prominent hotel owner, who shall remain unnamed. He took the dominating position and it is one of my fondest memories. But he knew when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.) I never give myself over to the dominance of anyone else, male or female (I confess to being a "Latter Day Switch Hitter" but socially and intellectually prefer the company of gay or bi men because they are almost always more intelligent and certainly more interesting.) So, to get to the point, the discussion that I have been reading here has definitely realigned my vacation. Yes, I will still make my trip through Mexico, but in the A.M. I will be ordering my ticket to BKK for three weeks over the Thanksgiving holiday.

And, if that man is still patrolling Sunnee, I am going to find out what it means to pleasure an part time alpha male.