TotallyOz

Eating out in Thailand

How often do you eat out when you are on holiday in LOS? I find I eat out most meals when I am in the hotel. When not in a hotel, I still eat out most of the time. I think I find it easier and just as cheap to eat out so much. My regular breakfast place is Papa David's and my lunch place is Salt and Pepper. I vary up my dinner spots from day to day.

In jomtien my number one is continental bakery and when i stay in sunee grottinos bakery for breakfast. For dinner i change every day but i like ernestos ole and eldorado and some times big buffets in the marriot.

Guest Astrrro

I eat all my meals out, sometimes for as little as 25 baht. At home I make coffee and occasionally pour boiling water over a 8 baht noodles.

I used to eat a late 4PM breakfast at Gossip Cafe till they raised their price from 89 baht to 109 baht. So instead of splurging for breakfast I sometimes splurge 75 baht for a 4PM lunch at White Night.

For "early breakfast" before 2:30 I like Sanong, but they also raised their price by 10 baht in the past year.

When I'm splurging in the first place, wondering if I should really be spending all this money on meals, any price rise is the straw that breaks the camel's back and points me toward Thai Mom and Pop food.

Guest laurence

You had me going GT. I always thought "eating out" had a sexual connotation, like eating a box lunch, eating out your girlfriend (ugh). Rather I dine out every day when in LOS usually with farang friends.

Guest gay_grampa

For Dinner my new favourite place is Cafe Ritz in Jomtien Complex - it's situated on the road between The Venue (Bondi) and Dick's Cafe. You can't miss it as there's a new white framed, glass loggia that comes from the restaurant right to the road.

They do a 3 course dinner of starter, roast main course and dessert for 320 Baht. It's all cooked fresh daily and very professionally too. There's a choice of 4 starters of home made soup, about 8 different main courses and a sweet display to die for. There's more food than I can manage! The drinks are also very reasonably priced.

Not really a place to take Thai friends since it only does English style food but with other farang friends it's a real hit.

Not really a place to take Thai friends since it only does English style food but with other farang friends it's a real hit.

It's one of my favorites too. Not long ago they were telling me that if a Thai boy is with you and wants to order Thai food, they bring food over from the Thai restaurant next door. Now I've been hearing they don't do that anymore.