reader

Thailand welcomes visitors from 46 countries from Nov 1

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) has released a long list of frequently asked questions regarding entrance requirements today. Although much of of the information has been previously published in one form or another, this one clarifies an issue for those arriving with a mobile phone:

What if I do not have a mobile phone, how could I present my QR Code?

- If you do not carry a mobile phone with the QR Code, you may print out a hard copy of the QR code and bring it with you to present it to the officers at the airport.

https://www.mfa.go.th/en/content/thailand-pass-faqs

One part of that caught my attention:

"6.Dose Thailand recognize mixed vaccination?

- Thailand fully recognizes mixed vaccination. However, your second dose needs to be administered based on the recommended timeframe for each vaccine type, as follows;

- 1st dose (Sinovac)                 = 2nd dose after 2 weeks                   

- 1st dose (AstraZeneca)          = 2nd dose after 4 weeks

- 1st dose (Pfizer-BioNTech)     = 2nd dose after 3 weeks

- 1st dose (Moderna)               = 2nd dose after 4 weeks

- 1st dose (Sinopharm)            = 2nd dose after 3 weeks

- 1st dose (Sputnik V)               = 2nd dose after 3 weeks

*Those vaccinated with Jansson (Johnson&Johnson) vaccine do not need to receive their 2nd dose to be considered fully vaccinated."

My Thoughts:

(i)    If someone has a mixture of Sinovac (2 weeks) and Moderna (4 weeks), what interval will the Thai authorities check for ?     Also, what tolerance ?

(ii)  Does this only apply to "mixed" vaccines.     If so, why ?

(iii)  Countries like (for example), the UK have applied a 8~12 week interval. Mostly the same vaccine, but some will be mixed.   Are they going to turn away British tourists ?     As far as I can tell, they are quite keen to receive British tourists, as TAT are coming to London next week for promotional purposes. 

9 hours ago, z909 said:

My Thoughts:

(i)    If someone has a mixture of Sinovac (2 weeks) and Moderna (4 weeks), what interval will the Thai authorities check for ?     Also, what tolerance ?

(ii)  Does this only apply to "mixed" vaccines.     If so, why ?

(iii)  Countries like (for example), the UK have applied a 8~12 week interval. Mostly the same vaccine, but some will be mixed.   Are they going to turn away British tourists ?     As far as I can tell, they are quite keen to receive British tourists, as TAT are coming to London next week for promotional purposes. 

Im not expert but based on info you posted above, here is what i understand.

1) depends on which one is the first dose, the second dose needs to be administered after the period stated above.

2) guide above i believe ahould applies to all vaccines, mixed or not. It didnt even mention what type of your second dose vaccine needs to be.

3) as long as it is more than the recommended time, not less. Thailand themselves use 8-12 weeks for AZ.

On 10/29/2021 at 1:16 PM, CurtisD said:

The idea is to have both the international vaccine card and the US one. Hopefully this works -

i dont see any reason why it wont work. you can even ask the person who gives you the injection to put that sticky thing with the vaccine lot # on the yellow card instead.