Gaybutton

Favorite 'Unknown' Restaurants

One of the types of posts I enjoy writing is whenever I find a restaurant that I did not know about and probably most people who visit the message boards also didn't know about. My latest "find," thanks to 'Geezer,' was the Cherry restaurant, about which I posted in a thread below.

Surely I'm not the only one around here who manages to find good restaurants. I'd like to know if others here have good restaurant "finds" that the rest of us may not know about. Tell us about your favorite discoveries, whether it's "farang" food, Thai food, or whatever and in what city we'll find the restaurant.

I've learned; when I find a place I like to keep quiet about it, especially on message boards.

In an effort to be fair, I don't mention the disasters, either.

But I'll make an exception: My favorite place in Pattaya, I don't know the name or exact location. (How's that for, 'unknown?') It's a food-cart within a 10 minute round-trip walk (I think it's on South Road.) from Flamingo. My friend goes there to get us dark & juicy Thai fried chicken with sweet-sour-hot sauce on the side for late-night\pre-shower (Because it's messy.) snacks.

Sometimes I fall asleep with a breast in one hand and a thigh in the other. And wake up wanting another piece.

Guest catawampuscat

In Day nite , try Salt and Pepper on the corner..It is an open air eatery run by Mr.Z and always

cheap and tasty.. Relaxing place to read a newspaper or watch the world go by in Day Nite area..

It is opposite Mozaic apartments and close to Flamingo.. Check out the owner's wooden cars, motorbikes etc., he is quite skilled and creative and hard to find a nicer guy running a restarant.. ;)

In Day nite , try Salt and Pepper on the corner..It is an open air eatery run by Mr.Z and always

cheap and tasty.. Relaxing place to read a newspaper or watch the world go by in Day Nite area..

It is opposite Mozaic apartments and close to Flamingo.. Check out the owner's wooden cars, motorbikes etc., he is quite skilled and creative and hard to find a nicer guy running a restarant.. ;)

Could you please be somewhat more descriptive about the food? Is it Thai or "farang?" What are some of the menu choices? Do you have any recommendations? When you say 'cheap,' how cheap is cheap?

Don't know how unknown it is but the Cucumber on South Pattaya Rd. near Center Condo opened this summer. It is owned by the owners of the Rabbit Ressort. International cuisine with a Thai menu too. Food was good not 5-star quality but neither were the prices. If you like the Cherry restaurant I suspect you'll like the Cucumber too.

Salt and Pepper in DayNight 2 had great Thai food. It is very reasonable with mot dishes under 80 bath. I love their Green Curry with Chicken. They also do a very nice Chicken and or Pork Steak. The food it very tasty and cheap. It is always served with a smile. They also do catering. I have had them cater many parties and they do a fantastic job. I normally cook Farang food for my guests but I know the Thai boys don't like that as much as Thai food so I get Mr. Z and his wife to help. I have never been disappointed and there is never anything left of what they cook after my group of Alpha males dig into it. :)

Guest A Rose By Any Other Name

Salt and Pepper in DayNight 2 had great Thai food. It is very reasonable with mot dishes under 80 bath. I love their Green Curry with Chicken. They also do a very nice Chicken and or Pork Steak. The food it very tasty and cheap. It is always served with a smile. They also do catering. I have had them cater many parties and they do a fantastic job. I normally cook Farang food for my guests but I know the Thai boys don't like that as much as Thai food so I get Mr. Z and his wife to help. I have never been disappointed and there is never anything left of what they cook after my group of Alpha males dig into it. :)

I know this will probably detract from this thred, so sorry in advance. However, I just had to mention it. I too have been to Salt & Pepper and I find their Thai Food ok. The prices are great, just like the old Dolphin's menu (named Bubbles, think?). However, it can't go without saying that most of the similar Thai dishes at Niddy's Nook are also all under 100 baht and are better quality. The hamburger gets so much attention, I just thought I'd mention the rest.

Also, another great place for Thai Food is the little alcove restaraunt outside of Center Condo on South Pattaya Road. Though the restaurant itself is quite rough and the smelly fish on the outside can be a distraction, the food is well worth a visit. I can't remember the name. Does it even have one? Can anyone else help out?

The Rose

TR :blink:

Guest Trongpai

I can't remember the name. Does it even have one? Can anyone else help out?

Korn Aharn Thai, " neighborhood restaurant". I might have the Thai Romanization off? Go upstairs for AC and less noise. Never noticed a sign, might be in Thai?

However, it can't go without saying that most of the similar Thai dishes at Niddy's Nook are also all under 100 baht and are better quality. The hamburger gets so much attention, I just thought I'd mention the rest.

I am not sure about better quality as it is to the taste of the individual. One thing I do like about Salt and Pepper is that you never have to wait 45 min for the food. It is served fast and hot.

I also like Charlee Italian next to Kaos in Sunee Plaza. The Pizza is great and about 200 bath.

For Jomptien, I like Papa David's for Breakfast. It is always tasty.

Guest mauRICE

For Jomptien, I like Papa David's for Breakfast. It is always tasty.

:o Really? That should put a big smile on his face. It's not everyday that a Southern belle drops to her knees for an English sausage and two soft-boiled eggs.

I'm not much of a breakfast eater, but when I do I like the Lek Hotel's breakfast buffet, the eggs benedict at Le Cafe Royale, and the Continental Bakery.

Here's one with which you may not be so familiar: Linda's. Have you tried Linda's? RichLB first brought Linda's to my attention. It's on Tappraya Road (the road leading to the beach), directly across from the Jomtien Complex (opposite the entrance for the Hot Stone Grill). Linda speaks excellent English and her food is also excellent. Try her Scandanavian breakfast, made up of several incredible Scandanavian open-face sandwiches.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I can't remember the name. Does it even have one? Can anyone else help out?

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Korn Aharn Thai, " neighborhood restaurant". I might have the Thai Romanization off? Go upstairs for AC and less noise. Never noticed a sign, might be in Thai?

Actually the name of this popular but also excellent Thai restaurant is "Or-Aharn-Thai". Locations is right opposite Hollywood Market or Talat Hollywood. It doesn't show much but if you are lucking for good food rather than fancy place you are OK. Besr between 19.30 and 22 hrs. Menu is mostly written in Thai but English is OK. For 2 persons / four good dishes without booze calculate around 350 to 400 TBT.