Jump to content
bluealtec

Minimum Tip on Massage/spa

Recommended Posts

  • Members

Many years ago, the minimum tips was 1000 baht at Body club.  It's the kind of massage place where the shirtless guys line up in the front for you to choose.  It doesn't matter what you do with him, the minimum tip was 1000 baht.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bluealtec said:

I was just looking around massage and spa places and I came across minimum tips.

i am new here in BKK so I am not sure why there is one 

most massage places have it  just to ensure boy is properly compensated . It also indicates that more than massage is available.

In some places I noticed boys have their individual minimum tip.

Don't assume that for minimum tip you can do with him whatever you want, some will offer just hand job, some will go all the way but is always will be more than just a massage.

I use my own rate 1000 / hr, 1500/1.5 hr but if minimum tip is higher I pay higher rate.

( I see spoon  answered thread at the same minute so hope I'm not repeating what he says)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, vinapu said:

most massage places have it  just to ensure boy is properly compensated . It also indicates that more than massage is available.

This very much depends on the type of massage place.

There are the gay places like Arena that have all male staff, with more than a massage assumed and big minimum tips.

Then there is the type of massage shop that tries to look like it only offers professional massages, with no extra services implied.     These will typically have no minimum tip, or something modest, like 100 baht.   These may include mixed-gender staff, male only or female only (not that the latter is of much interest).    They often still offer a HJ, with a negotiated tip.   Obviously anyone after that should book something like an oil massage, as they're not going to offer anything extra with a foot massage conducted in the reception area.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Don't know what they are doing now but Arena used to be pretty upfront about what the minimum tip was for various levels of service.  I think it was even stated on their website.

As for the OP's question, Thailand gets so many foreign visitors that new arrivals might not know what the appropriate tip is.  From comments I've heard from masseurs, certain nationalities are regarded as poor tippers &, of course, some individuals are just very cheap when it comes to tipping.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
6 hours ago, tm_nyc said:

Don't know what they are doing now but Arena used to be pretty upfront about what the minimum tip was for various levels of service.  I think it was even stated on their website.

As for the OP's question, Thailand gets so many foreign visitors that new arrivals might not know what the appropriate tip is.  From comments I've heard from masseurs, certain nationalities are regarded as poor tippers &, of course, some individuals are just very cheap when it comes to tipping.

This is why these massage parlors need to clearly spell out their minimum tip requirements, to avoid misunderstanding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, z909 said:

This very much depends on the type of massage place.

There are the gay places like Arena that have all male staff, with more than a massage assumed and big minimum tips.

Then there is the type of massage shop that tries to look like it only offers professional massages, with no extra services implied.     These will typically have no minimum tip, or something modest, like 100 baht.   These may include mixed-gender staff, male only or female only (not that the latter is of much interest).    They often still offer a HJ, with a negotiated tip.   Obviously anyone after that should book something like an oil massage, as they're not going to offer anything extra with a foot massage conducted in the reception area.

 

 

I see Arena name comes up in couple posts. Are they open? One place I always wanted to try and few times I reached the staircase, looked up and run away as a scared chicken ☺️. I must do it this time...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@zsolec Yes Arena is open. Open time is 12. I had a great experience, but it could have been disappointing for others for a few reasons:

1. I went right as it opened and thus there were few guys there to choose from. I imagine you'd have better luck if you went later in the day.

2. Though it's probably because it was my first time and I didn't really know how to handle the process expertly, the after massage antics did not include any penetration. I didn't mind as my guy was incredibly sexy, but maybe some people think it's wasted money if no penetration.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, zsolec said:

I see Arena name comes up in couple posts. Are they open? One place I always wanted to try and few times I reached the staircase, looked up and run away as a scared chicken ☺️. I must do it this time...

I know that feeling, strangely I had that only on approach of Arena and Senso, but not other places. Be brave next time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Vessey said:

At Scandic Massage near the Second Road entrance into Boyztown, you choose your boy from outside, you go inside the shop with him to the cashier at the far end where you are told '1,500 baht for massage and sex with boy'  and you pay that up-front - an 'all in' payment so to speak for massage and a shag 😅

I found out later that the boy himself got half that, so I would usually give my regular lad an extra tip in the room - but that certainly wasn't expected.

 

good to know as I'd assume is 500 for the shop and 1000 for boy as 500 was what they charged me as off fee last time I took guy from there to my room in Ambiance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/20/2022 at 2:58 AM, vinapu said:

I know that feeling, strangely I had that only on approach of Arena and Senso, but not other places. Be brave next time

Over the years I missed few things they were on my to do list. Never made it to Hero because it was far out, alwayas planned for Babylon but did not get enough time for a half day spa/sauna visit. Arena was another place, luckily stil available. I had Senso couple times and always had a great time there ( perhaps because more happened than just a massage) :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Vessey said:

At Scandic Massage near the Second Road entrance into Boyztown, you choose your boy from outside, you go inside the shop with him to the cashier at the far end where you are told '1,500 baht for massage and sex with boy'  and you pay that up-front - an 'all in' payment so to speak for massage and a shag 😅

I found out later that the boy himself got half that, so I would usually give my regular lad an extra tip in the room - but that certainly wasn't expected.

 

Royal House Massage, I was told that, aside from the massage payment, that the boy would expect 1,000 baht tip and I recall noticing that as the massage commenced there was a condom and lube put ready and my lad (no English), just completed the massage, and without a word, put on the condom, lubed-up and got to work! 🤣

 

I have had a lad at a massage shop behind Tukom seemingly delighted that I gave him 300 baht after a successful hand-job - he assumed at first that that was me just paying the 300 massage fee. 

At Soda Massage in Jomtien Complex, I give 1,000 for mutual blow-jobs and happy endings, and up to 2,000 if penetrative sex took place.

In Foxy Massage, just up from Soda, a gay boy there specifically negotiated 2k for me to shag him at the end of the massage.

But in most cases, I have usually negotiated with the boy as to what he would do and how much. For me negotiation time is when the back massage is complete and I have turned over and my little flag-pole is waving happily at him. 

 

Thanks Vessey for the list of "more than just a massage" places. I see these are Pattaya locations. Any chance for few Bangkok massage shops worth to visit?

 

On 6/19/2022 at 2:22 PM, z909 said:

This very much depends on the type of massage place.

There are the gay places like Arena that have all male staff, with more than a massage assumed and big minimum tips.

Then there is the type of massage shop that tries to look like it only offers professional massages, with no extra services implied.     These will typically have no minimum tip, or something modest, like 100 baht.   These may include mixed-gender staff, male only or female only (not that the latter is of much interest).    They often still offer a HJ, with a negotiated tip.   Obviously anyone after that should book something like an oil massage, as they're not going to offer anything extra with a foot massage conducted in the reception area.

 

 

Looking for places with full service.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, zsolec said:

I see these are Pattaya locations. Any chance for few Bangkok massage shops worth to visit?

Looking for places with full service.

K-Man in Saphan Kwai area, Jey Spa sukhumvit  soi 43, VCK  in Ari area  ,Sabaidee spa in soi Pluk Chit 9 hopefully not affected by recent fire in area, few men only shops  in Silom soi 6, I-Come in soi Suan Plu. Tawan bar offers massage during day.

This is just to name a few, nothing guaranteed , everything possible is mindset you should have visiting those places . Place may be full service but tops or bottoms available at time of your visit may not rock your boat or even worse , you may not rock their boats . Be flexible and smile a lot 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To add to vinapu's list, I believe Nine Spa on Sukhumvit road, soi 31 is still open (at least on the internet it appears to be) no disappointmets there. Had a couple of very athletic hunks there before and they certainly new just what the customer wanted and delivered it nicely 😍 I contact them via line to make appointment @NINESPA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/21/2022 at 2:49 PM, Vessey said:

At Scandic Massage near the Second Road entrance into Boyztown, you choose your boy from outside, you go inside the shop with him to the cashier at the far end where you are told '1,500 baht for massage and sex with boy'  and you pay that up-front - an 'all in' payment so to speak for massage and a shag 😅

I found out later that the boy himself got half that, so I would usually give my regular lad an extra tip in the room - but that certainly wasn't expected.

 

Royal House Massage, I was told that, aside from the massage payment, that the boy would expect 1,000 baht tip and I recall noticing that as the massage commenced there was a condom and lube put ready and my lad (no English), just completed the massage, and without a word, put on the condom, lubed-up and got to work! 🤣

 

I have had a lad at a massage shop behind Tukom seemingly delighted that I gave him 300 baht after a successful hand-job - he assumed at first that that was me just paying the 300 massage fee. 

At Soda Massage in Jomtien Complex, I give 1,000 for mutual blow-jobs and happy endings, and up to 2,000 if penetrative sex took place.

In Foxy Massage, just up from Soda, a gay boy there specifically negotiated 2k for me to shag him at the end of the massage.

But in most cases, I have usually negotiated with the boy as to what he would do and how much. For me negotiation time is when the back massage is complete and I have turned over and my little flag-pole is waving happily at him. 

 

I guess though not everyone can afford to tip so much.

I met a few expat farang last night in Sunee and we discussed the massage tips and I did tell them how some of you tip 2000 b , they were horrified😁

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

I met a few expat farang last night in Sunee and we discussed the massage tips and I did tell them how some of you tip 2000 b , they were horrified😁

It very much depends on what type of massage you get.     

The word "massage" can encompass everything from a simple oil massage with no extras to a 2 hour high quality oil massage, with full penetration.    Location and type of massage shop will make a difference too.

What were the expats tipping ?   And did they declare the level of service ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2022 at 10:54 PM, vinapu said:

We people on holidays don't want to lose  our two -weeks millionaire status and tip more generously

We cannot assume this is a like for like comparison, in terms of service and location.

You're probably going to an expensive Bangkok massage shop, getting a 90 minute massage with some hunk and possibly every imaginable extra.   Expected tip something usefully over 1000, then add on a little generosity and you're getting to 2000, which is a very good tip.

If the expats are going to a more downmarket Pattaya massage shop, then getting a 60 minute oil massage, possibly with a HJ and nothing else, perhaps they are expecting to tip in the 500~1000 baht range ?      Maybe some of the expats will explain.   As a tourist, I've certainly had cases within the last 5 years where the "extras" conversation was opened with the lad requesting something at the bottom of that range for a HJ.  That's his request, not my offer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, z909 said:

 

You're probably going to an expensive Bangkok massage shop, getting a 90 minute massage with some hunk and possibly every imaginable extra.   Expected tip something usefully over 1000, then add on a little generosity and you're getting to 2000, 

2000, it happens but very rarely, usually only if min tip is above 1500 , like 1800 and boy was very good than I'll leave 2000. Another case is if I meet him few times during the trip , was obviously happy , on last meeting , may leave 2000 as a bonus. Otherwise I'm pretty disciplined and tip 1000 /hr, 1500 / 1.5 hr. or minimum tip if indicated higher than my table

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...