kjun12

Split Thailand Forum

• Members

I suggest that the controller of this site split the Thailand Forum into 4 separate forums. One being Bangkok, a second being Pattaya, a third being Chiang Mai and a fourth being the remainder of Thailand. This would make it easier to get to the topic that interests you.

Just my thinking. Anyone else concur?

Sorry @kjun12 I just don't agree. There is a very good search engine. Anyone wanting information particularly about Pattaya can get most of it by merely typing in Pattaya. Besides, many posters are visitors who, on the basis on a number of posts in recent months, wish to visit more than one location. Having to fiddle between two or more threads is basically a waste of time.

The other issue is: where does a split like this end? Should the Board spit Europe into specific desintations. In recent months there have been threads about Barcelona, Istanbul, Salzburg, Prague, Zurich, Vienna, Budapest, Bratislava, Spain, Portugal, Vienna, Brno, London, Lison and Rome. These have had more than 75k views. Should they all be separated, perhaps just into countries? Granted, the gaythailand forum is the most heavily read. On the other hand, the European Men & Destinations forum has many more 'reads' than the those for Gay Bangkok, Gay Pattaya and Gay Chiang Mai businesses put together. Since these cover a lot of information about bars and ther gay venues, is there a need for yet more forums?

I don't agree either, although I am not a big fan of Pattaya I do like reading the trip reports of the guys that go there. I can get my fill by reading about Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket etc from the one forum.