reader

Bangkok sex workers hold Q&A at Patpong Museum

NOTE --  I visited the museum shortly after it first appeared on the scene (Patpong 2, opposite Foodland) and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. The exhibits concentrat on iPatpong's history and made little reference to post-Twilight developments. I mentioned the advent of gay clubs on to he scene with the curator. He acknowledged the changes and I left hopeful that issue may be revisited. I was pleased to see that The Madrid was included in the historical perspective. Enjoyed a gin and tonic at the museum's retro bar and Vinapu will be heartened to know that it contained more gin than tonic.

From Thaiger / BK Asia

Curious to find out more about the world’s oldest profession? Do sex workers enjoy their work? Do they have a partner outside of working hours, and do they think prostitution should be legalized?

All of these questions and more will be answered by two Bangkok sex workers at the Patpong Museum on Saturday, September 17, from 5-8pm, where you are welcome to go along, meet and chat with the girls.

The Patpong Museum reveals the told and untold stories about the history of Bangkok’s best-known red-light district. The museum has an interactive wall of fame that introduces you to the colorful characters that make up the area’s rich story, from action movie star Claude Van Damme and the iconic David Bowie, to the US marine and CIA agent, Tony Poe, believed to be the inspiration for Apocalypse Now’s Colonel Kurtz.

You can take a 50 minutes’ tour and there is a virtual reality x-rated show and a 1970s-style bar where you can enjoy a drink or two.

The Q&A session with the two Bangkok sex workers is available in both Thai and English, tickets are 350 baht, and you must be 18 and over to attend.

What are you waiting for? Register here or visit the museum at 5/2 Thanon Patpong, Suriyawong, Bang Rak.