Truncheon

Burmese & Vietnam Bar/Massage Boys

On 7/30/2023 at 8:22 PM, Londoner said:

It's the same everywhere with some British expats. Some living is Spain claim they are there because of the "Blacks". Historically, some expats in Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe, and Kenya thought they were there to teach the "natives" how to live,  others went to Palestine because "God gave them the land three thousand years ago...it says so in the Bible" and replaced, or tried to replace the indigenous population.

The history of British colonialism is a tragic one and the attitudes it engendered are still very much with us. Including in Parliament.

The Thais are fortunate that most of the expats- at least the ones I  know- are there out of love for the people and respect for the culture.

Brits in Spain are not expats. They are slobs who floated over a couple of borders for fish and chips in the sun. They didn't leave their people or culture behind. They just ghettoise areas like Benidorm. Areas of Spain destroyed by scum. 

As for "blacks". I was with a Cambodian boy the other day saying he hated how "black" he was. He was beautiful. Most of the raw racism I hear there days doesn't mention skin pigment, but religious followings. 

But in reality, it is hard to take anyone seriously who prays to floaty men in the clouds. 

The first thing I notice when I go into a Thailand Boots or Watsons is the prevalence of skin-whitening creams on the Mens' Toiletries shelf. It used to be a bone of contention between my beautiful and dark-skinned P and myself....no longer, I 'm pleased to say.

It is a political and social issue I first encountered as a young man staying in Jamaica. Unbelievably to me, an island obsessed with Bob Marley, the birthplace of Rastafarianism and of Marcus Garvey, was riddled with social and economic  distinctions based on skin colour. Almost white was at the top of the league.

And so Thailand didn't surprise me. Just look at the Generals, the tycoons and even the entertainers.