Xclay

Rybelsus Update in Brazil

• Members

Everybody online here is trim and fit of course. But in case you have a friend who (like my friend) could stand to drop 20 pounds (or kilos!), here is a quick update.

Yesterday I walked into the reputable Drogaria Pacheco in Copacabana and inquired if the pharmacy sold Rybelsus (the daily pill version of Ozempic). The young lady asked which dosage – 3mg or 7mg. Important to start with the low dose, so 3mg. No prescription! Just paid R$465 (US$94). That's less than a night at 117.

In the US, without insurance, this 30-day supply might cost over $1,000, over ten times as much as in Brazil. Was this a fake Novo Nordisk product in a brilliantly authoritative-looking box at this Rio pharmacy? As you know many drugs are sold at astronomical prices in the US to take advantage of our health insurance rebates and reap profits to offset research and testing costs before generics swoop in. And at the same time, the identical drug is often sold at reasonable prices overseas. So I do not think the bargain price was proof of a counterfeit. This is not Bangkok. Sure seems legit. We'll see...

After this morning's first dose, my friend only wanted a very light breakfast, had a Danone YoPro (25g protein) for lunch, and still feels extremely satiated.  

Disclaimer for the record: I am not a medical professional. The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consult with your doctor before taking any supplements or trying any new treatment. This is not a sponsored post. I am not claiming that this supplement will cure or prevent any disease. Individual results may vary. This supplement or treatment may interact with other medications you are taking. And, if you are or are not pregnant or nursing, consult with your doctor before taking this supplement!!!

I take a blood thinner, Apixaban. I read that this is one of the drugs for which the Biden administration is trying to cut down the price. It's a very standard drug. I get it free in the UK. I asked my pharmacist how much it would cost in the UK, if I had to pay. It was around 10 times more expensive in the USA. Scandalous. And, inevitably, the Republicans are opposing any price reductions!

• Members

I mentioned in another thread that, during this trip, I had to see a doctor due to my deep throat action at Loagoa that caused my lingering sore throat.  The visit to doctor only cost R250, with one free follow-up visit.  The doctor also give me his personal Whatsapp number so I can inquire any issues( and I did follow-up with another issue via Whatsapp).  Their doctors speak fluent English.  There are some even cheaper doctors, but I chose the nearest one on Paulista.

• Members

While the GLP-1 receptor agonist group of drugs are incredibly effective. I encourage you to check with your doctor if this particular one is right for you.  You can just ask "hypothetically".  The side effect profile of these drugs are not to be trifled with.  If your doctor says go ~ then I hope you get the desired results! Boa Sorte!