Guest LoeplohandNalac

Moderation

Guest LoeplohandNalac

Question ?

If you own a message board and you are also posting on this board as a regular poster and you invite three friends to post on this board and even give them a key to the moderations room isn't that the same as trying to control Pattaya Gay News.

Just a question guys don't get hyper !

We think that a moderator shouldn't post but moderate !

At the new baht-stop board they have just two moderators one en moderator two.

They do not post they just moderate.

Just a thought ?

Guest A Rose By Any Other Name

I think eventually it is up to the owner. However, I do think that all parties should get their act together and act as one unit.

The Rose

TR ;)

I think eventually it is up to the owner. However, I do think that all parties should get their act together and act as one unit.

The Rose

TR ;)

Kind of like running a restaurant. Some days the burgers are served fast and sometimes very slow. Sometimes very tasty and sometimes they are just mediocre. Sometimes the waiters are friendly and sometimes they are not. Getting the act together takes time. As you know. :) But, we are trying. :)

We think that a moderator shouldn't post but moderate !

Is that what "we" think? Sorry, but being a moderator does not mean that the moderator has to forfeit his right to post. The task of a moderator is to make sure that the posts fall within the posting rules and that posts do not contain anything that could cause problems for the owner of the web site. I know of no valid reason why a moderator should not be able to post just like everyone else.

Guest A Rose By Any Other Name

Kind of like running a restaurant. Some days the burgers are served fast and sometimes very slow. Sometimes very tasty and sometimes they are just mediocre. Sometimes the waiters are friendly and sometimes they are not. Getting the act together takes time. As you know. :) But, we are trying. :)

Fair enough. I was just giving a suggestion, not trying make an accusation.

The Rose

TR :unsure:

I too have no problems with moderators posting. Having more than one means we've now got an avenue for appeal if we feel that we have been treated unfairly by any one moderator provided we know who they are and how to contact them.

In the interest of facilitating board management and decision-making, perhaps it would make more sense to have an odd number of moderators to allow for a majority vote in the event of a stalemate, unless, of course, our Munificent Magnolia, as the owner of this website, would like to have the final say in such instances. As I see it, Gaybutton, our not-so-little Napoleon and MM are the most active moderators-cum-contributors here. There's no point in having a frequently absent moderator.

Out of curiosity, who has access to the e-mail account admin@gaythailand.com?

unless, of course, our Munificent Magnolia, as the owner of this website, would like to have the final say in such instances.

Wow. I have never heard Stef referred to as a Magnolia but that is very sweet. I am sure he appreciates it very much.

As far as the admin@gaythailand.com e-mail, that goes to Stef. I also have access to it but never use it. Stef is the admin and webmaster for the site. All the e-mail at gaythailand.com go to him.

If you want to contact me, e-mail: gaythailand@gmail.com. However, I am not often available for sipping Iced Tea under the magnolia trees. Too many memories of times past. Ask me about a coconut under a palm tree and you will get another response. :)