TotallyOz

Niddy's Nook Review

It's good to hear from another reliable source that Niddy's Nook is providing good burgers and that is the current 'Real Story".

Just reading back posts one can see that the 'Real Story' was not always so and it's good to hear that it is now on form. You know, I am sure that one of the most difficult things to achieve in a restaurant is consistency - I do I was in the hotel business.

I would just like to query your satisfaction with the price. As you know Gaybutton thought the cheeseburger overpriced at 180 baht.

I am no afficionado for the burger but in the interests of research - the things I do for Gay Boards! - I had one at Greyhound the very trendy Bangkok designer gear and restaurant chain. Crisp white table cloths and linen napkins, splendid service and a delicious 'fillet steak' hamburger with cheese, superb fries and pickles, costs 160 baht ++. The smart, new, American, ethos, chain, Smokehouse and Barbecue on the corner of Suriwong and Rama IV serve a massive cheeseburger in a big bun with a mountain of fries, salad and cole slaw for 220 baht.

I rather doubt Niddy's could compete with these for value and certainly their locations and costly premises would warrant a big premium over Day night Plaza? Alternatively one can eat splendidly - as many Farangs do nightly - at Cuisine au Beurre just off Day Night Plaza, cost 190 baht for a 3 course meal and coffee!

I am taking bets on the Niddy's Nook controversey running into 2007. The combination of LMTU's reports and Chris with his immoderate publicity is bound to cause interest. It must be the only restaurant in town where people go hoping for a bad meal.

"The smart, new, American, ethos, chain, Smokehouse and Barbecue on the corner of Suriwong and Rama IV serve a massive cheeseburger in a big bun with a mountain of fries, salad and cole slaw for 220 baht."

Hi TeePee!

As I am an American I think I can say this with accuracy...the only problem with American food chains is that once they have a certain amount of customers and their presense is known, the service and value seem to go downhill.

Years ago, there was a very famous Hamburger house called "Bob's Big Boy". There was a revival last year here in Las Vegas of a new one which was fine as far as the '60 look of the place, but it had to be one of my worse dining experiences...I actually refused paying the bill. And if you could see my belly, you could tell that does not happen too much.

But back to the orginal post, I am in full agreement with GayThailand regarding Niddys. I look forward to eating there in about four more weeks. I recommend the mussels...for my money, they can not be beat! :p

Each to his own opinion ! I wouldn't dare adding any other comment to avoid attracting more abuse. :unsure:

I agree with you. When I was in the states, I loved a pizza place called PapaJohn's. It has great tasting pizza for me. When I see your name, I am often reminded of that sausage pizza I loved so much. But, I know you are not PapaJohn. You are PapaDavid. In Pattaya, I too like to eat at the place called PapaDavids. Their breakfast is wonderful in the early AM. I am not sure where you get your name from, be it PapaJohn, PapaDavid, or PapaBear (Goldilocks was one of my favorite fairy tales) but, I appreciate you comment to each his own. Just like the 3 bears, some portage is too cold, some too hot and some just right. Tonight, mine was just right. :)

GT: My only question is about the thai experts that accompanied you. Well, were they cute?

LOL Well, lets just say that I love to accessorize. :)

I would just like to query your satisfaction with the price. As you know Gaybutton thought the c

I did think the burger was a bit too pricy. But, the Thai food was in large proportions. I also understood the price of the cheeseburger as it has lots of meat and fresh toppings and a nice bit of fries. It was not like the old Wendy's commercial, "Wheres the beef?" The beef was there and I was full at the end of the meal. I did not mind the price. I do think that a lot of farangs on a budget would not go for it on a regular basis but not every place is meant for every farang. When I order at Charlee's Pizza in Sunee, the pizza is 220 bath. That was more than Niddy's burger. I don't mind that price either as I enjoy the food. And, all in all, that is less than the price you pay for a drink at most gogo bars in Bangkok.

Well namjai, this one is owned by a Brit. with experience of New York Steak Houses - thus the "ethos". We Brits seems quite good at copying American style as in Hard Rock Cafe's.

This restaurant has a very nice American atmosphere with lots of wood and very solid furniture. The bar seems popular already. The service is coming along and the foods are varied in quality.

Whilst I don't frequent Hamburger places, Hamburger Mary's in San Diego is one of my favourite places to eat in the world. With drinks and dancing at neigbouring and connected Kickers sexy gay line dancing it's a dream. and a great website

http://hamburgermarys.com/index.php

http://cityguide.aol.com/sandiego/bars/kickers/v-111253

Guest PapaDavid

I am not sure where you get your name from, be it PapaJohn, PapaDavid, or PapaBear (Goldilocks was one of my favorite fairy tales) but, I appreciate you comment to each his own.

My long time b/f has always called me papa and my first name is David. The fact that there is apparently a restaurant of that name in Jomtien (?) (a place I don't frequent, apart from the beach) was pure coincidence which I did not find out about until I joined the board.

Glad you appreciate the comment about each to his own opinion, pity others don't agree with you :rolleyes: !!!

Guest lvdkeyes

My long time b/f has always called me papa and my first name is David. The fact that there is apparently a restaurant of that name in Jomtien (?) (a place I don't frequent, apart from the beach) was pure coincidence which I did not find out about until I joined the board.

Glad you appreciate the comment about each to his own opinion, pity others don't agree with you :rolleyes: !!!

Like GayThailand, I had to try Niddy's to find out what all the fuss was about. I was very happy with the food, service and cleanliness of the the place. I was especially surprised when, after I was served, Chris came to my table and asked if I wanted mayonnaise with my cheeseburger. I am one of those people who doesn't like ketchup or mustard on a burger. It was nice to be asked rather than have to ask for mayonnaise.

Only one suggestion: I would like to see a roll of paper towels in the restroom rather than a communal cloth towel. I didn't think of it at the time or I would have mentioned it to Chris myself, as he was very friendly and seemed open to honest criticism.

It's good to find a restaurant here where the owner is present and friendly. All the best to Chris and Niddy. (Isn't he cute?)

Chris did not know who I was until the end of the meal.

That's because you are so low-key and unobtrusive. :lol:

Thank you Jomptien. I an so glad you see me for the real me. :)

Only one suggestion: I would like to see a roll of paper towels in the restroom rather than a communal cloth towel. I didn't think of it at the time or I would have mentioned it to Chris myself, as he was very friendly and seemed open to honest criticism.

It's good to find a restaurant here where the owner is present and friendly. All the best to Chris and Niddy. (Isn't he cute?)

I have never really understood why places in Thailand use tissue and cheap napkins when one eats. That seems to be everywhere. What gives?

And, yes Niddy is cute.

Like GayThailand, I had to try Niddy's to find out what all the fuss was about. I was very happy with the food, service and cleanliness of the the place. I was especially surprised when, after I was served, Chris came to my table and asked if I wanted mayonnaise with my cheeseburger. I am one of those people who doesn't like ketchup or mustard on a burger. It was nice to be asked rather than have to ask for mayonnaise.

A few people who post here ought to take the quoted post and save it. This is the way to write constructive criticism. Positive things were also said and the criticism is written in a manner that is not even remotely insulting or harmful to the business, and yet still accomplishes what the author wants to see changed or improved.

I will be out of town on the day of the "Birthday Bash." I will be sorry to miss it.

Guest NiddysNook

Dear Gay Thailand Users:

Thank you very much for all the useful feedback. Everything mentioned in each of the various threads will be taken under advisement. Just a quick reminder about Niddy's up coming Birthday Bash Party on Wednesday, September 13th. We will have a free buffet starting at 8:00 PM. It will include (but not necessarily be limited to) Niddy's famous Chicken & Cashews, Niddy's Homemade Potato Salad, Fried Rice, Tangy Bar-b-qued Meatballs, Chicken Bar-b-que, and Devilled Eggs. We hope to see many of you there!

Respectfully Submitted,

Niddy's Nook Promotions

Visit Our Website Below...

www.niddysnook.com

** Home of Pattaya's Tastiest Cheeseburger! **