Guest Boxer

West Side Story in Bangkok

Guest nicegguyy

Thank you so much for letting me know about this. As a major musical queen (no comments needed Maurice or Jomptien) I am very excited!

Will it be in English or Thai? I recently saw Pippin at the Bangkok Theater at Metropolis. Although it was in Thai, I enjoyed it as I always loved the music from that show and remembered enough of the story to follow along. It was my bf's first "Broadway" show and he really enjoyed it.

Guest fountainhall

Will it be in English or Thai? I recently saw Pippin at the Bangkok Theater at Metropolis. Although it was in Thai, I enjoyed it as I always loved the music from that show and remembered enough of the story to follow along. It was my bf's first "Broadway" show and he really enjoyed it.

I believe the production comes from Germany and is in English

Guest nicegguyy

I believe the production comes from Germany and is in English

Yes, thanks. I called Thai Ticket Master and they did say that it will be presented in English.

Yes, thanks. I called Thai Ticket Master and they did say that it will be presented in English.

If you book online you can choose your seats easy. I always sit up one level in the first balcony as i prefer to see all the stage in one rather than be so near you cannot see the back of the stage over the orchestra pit. You also get to sit very near to the Guests of Honour who might or might not attend, in my case the Queen of Thailand three times and her sister twice, my bf was very impressed to get so near to the Queen, she walks within a yard of us with very little security. It just adds that little something to the night!

Thank you so much for letting me know about this. As a major musical queen (no comments needed Maurice or Jomptien) I am very excited!

Go for it, dear. I caught it in Singapore last April and enjoyed it. The guy who played Tony was quite a dish and the accoustics at Singapore's newish Esplanade Theatre was excellent, even if the structure is an eyesore on the outside. They are currently touring Japan.

My first ever musical was the original Broadway production of Into the Woods (also by Sondheim) with Bernadette Peters as the witch. I was 13 - it was an exciting year for me as I had earlier seen the Miss Universe pageant live in Singapore where Cecilia Boloco, now Cecilia Menem, charmed the hearts of many Asians when, coaxed by Bob Barker in the final interview to speak in English, responded with a patriotic "I want to speak in Spanish so that my people will understand." The audience cheered and we knew then that she would take the crown. That stuck with me for some reason. I fondly remember that year as my debut into Queendom.

Speaking of queens, did you know that Sirikit attended a New York production of The King and I, at the invitation of Yul Brynner (wasn't he a hunk in The Ten Commandments - your quintessential alpha male) who was already dying of cancer at the time? That musical is still banned in Thailand.

The DVD of Westside Story is available in Thailand and it has Thai subtitles. I watched it with my boyfriend to see if he would like it and he really enjoyed it. I told him about the production in Bangkok. Now that he's seen the movie version and can understand what's going on, he wants to see the show, despite the fact that it will be in English.

Guest LoeplohandNalac

That's good news.

We like to go and see it also.

However isn't this show a little dated ?

Well if Maurice say its good we think it will be.

He seems to be somebody with a good taste.

How expensive are the tickets ?

Talking about good musicals.

We have seen Oliver in a London theatre a few years ago that was a favourite, the boys so cute.

The best musical we have seen was the Lion King .

We wish that cirque de soleil would come to Thailand.

We love this kind of circus

Guest LoeplohandNalac

How expensive are the tickets ! ?.Thats what we like about thai gay message boards, you ask a question and there are so many sweet people around to answer your question. Thanks guys.