TotallyOz

What Browser do you Use?

Browser's are Important in Rebuilding a Site  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What browser do you use to Access the site?

• Internet Explorer
    • Firefox
    • Safari
    • Opera
    • Google Chrome
    • AOL
    • Other - Please tell us in the Post

We are currently having the programmers make some changes to the site. With any dynamically changing website, the browser used is very important. We are trying to find out the browser that the majority of users here use. Your input would be greatly appreciated!

I mainly use Firefox, but some UK bank sites do not work properly with it. For those, I use Chrome.

Chrome is one very fast browser, but does not have the functionality of Firefox.

Guest thaiworthy

I use Safari on a Mac OS. I sometimes use Flock or Firefox. I am an Apple Mac evangelist and I just love this slogan, which I've seen used as signatures on Apple forums:

"In a world without doors and walls, who needs Windows and Gates? Spoken by a loyal Mac user!"

I use Safari on a Mac OS. I sometimes use Flock or Firefox. I am an Apple Mac evangelist and I just love this slogan, which I've seen used as signatures on Apple forums:

"In a world without doors and walls, who needs Windows and Gates? Spoken by a loyal Mac user!"

Its all in perspective now :) :)

john

Thanks guys! Much appreciated. I didn't know Firefox was that preferred. I will note that for any future changes in the site.

I use Safari and the newest version 4.0. It has some amazing features. I also use Firefox for Mac. Those are the 2 I use the most. I use XP on my Mac to test sites and usually test in IE and Firefox. I tried Google's Chrome in the beginning but have not revisited it. I'll give it another try as well. Not sure what features it will have that the Safari and Firefox doesn't have but Google usually does things great!

Guest jinks

As with all website designers, we have several browsers to check the page coding and appearance of new pages.

I use IE8, Opera, Firefox and an old one Avant (this is the same as IE5) and gives a view that many web surfers get who do not upgrade.

Have the 11 IE users have decided it's the best browser, or just not tried the better browsers yet ?

My order of preference is:

1 Firefox

2 Chrome

3 Opera

4 IE8 (hardly ever)

Have the 11 IE users have decided it's the best browser, or just not tried the better browsers yet ?

I generally use IE and specifically find no advantage to using Firefox or IE to gain access to most websites (including this one - I see no speed difference and, for what it's worth, I have a 5-meg cable connection). A few sites (such as Sawatdee) are dog slow using IE so I exclusively use Firefox to access that site.

In my view, most of the browsers are rather similar in their features and I guess I tend to use that which I'm most accustomed.

Guest Jason105
In my view, most of the browsers are rather similar in their features and I guess I tend to use that which I'm most accustomed.

My computer guru recommended that I use Firefox and even installed it for me. But familiarity wins out. As rudimentary as my skills are, I have finally reached a point where I am reasonably sure that I can find what I want to find on IE so that's where I head first. If IE goes down, Firefox is a backup.

all the best

Firefox can be customised with a range of add ons which are not available for other browsers.

For example:

Fox marks, which automatically synchronises my bookmarks to my other PCs.

A British English spell checker (Bill Gates often doesn't offer this)

Tab max, so I can set tabbed browsing to work as I want, rather than have the choice made by people in Seattle

A calendar which can be programmed with reminders & appointments