Guest wowpow

Pattaya deluge heavy flooding

Guest hajuthai

Thanks for the pictures. Having ones own house flooded is not fun. Problem is the outlet cannot take the water, becuse they are filled up with shit and carbage.

And city hall do absolutely nothing.

They say oh it was a very unusual rain. So has it been for years.

But invite the lord mayor to open a bar or restaurant or a shop and he will be there. But look at stopped outlet? no. :angry:

It isn't limited to Pattaya. Much of central and north Thailand is experiencing torrential rains and severe flooding. That happened last year too, while the Pattaya area was going through one of the worst droughts in recent history. A drought is not exactly Thailand's problem at the moment. I still receive occasional E-mails asking if Pattaya has enough water. Trust me . . . Pattaya has plenty of water!

_____

PHITSANULOK, Sept 15 (TNA)

Flooding troubled wide areas of the northern provinces of Phitsanulok and Phichit Friday while thick morning fog blanketed the far northern province of Chiang Rai.

The water level of the Yom River in Phitsanulok has continuously increased, causing flooding in 58 villages in Bang Rakam district. About 20 schools were forced to close.

Chumsaengsongkram sub-district has been cut off from the outside world. A shortage of food and drinking water occurred as flood caused difficulty in transporting necessary supplies to affected villages.

There was a report that Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Sudarat Keyuraphan would visit flood prone areas in the province Friday to find a solution to the flood problem.

In nearby province of Phichit, the increased water in the Yom River has triggered flood in five low-lying sub-districts, affecting about 100 homes.

Meanwhile, in the far northern province of Chiang Rai, thick morning fog caused poor visibility. The Meteorological Department said that a dense fog formed during the seasonal climatic transition from the rainy season to winter. It warned people to be careful in travelling.

(TNA)-E004

I like the statement, "It warned people to be careful in travelling." Good tip . . . .

Guest catawampuscat

I feel sorry for the Jomtien beach vendors, massage guys, manicure ladies and all the others who are sucking wind as few dare to venture out with dark clouds threatening and windy conditions..

I got caught today at Jomtien and the winds came suddenly and I thought the umbrellas would go flying but it calmed down and just rained for 20 or 30 minutes and cleared up.. Only a handful of farangs around and this has been going on for many days..

Boyztown was also extremely quiet and I ventured into 3 bars and was the only farang or one of only two farangs in each.. Lucky 777 used to be full of boys but very lite and Handy only had a half dozen dancing.. Dream Boys was full of boys and full of life and has gotten back on track..Lots of new faces and lots of new talent.. The soi was flooded and of course that was a big reason for shortage of boys and farangs but it has been going on like this for many days and the boys must be hurting..

I know GT has been taking care of the boys in Sunee during this very slow period but we need some

more punters to help out in Boyztown.. :rolleyes: