Gaybutton

It's GREAT STEAK time!

Guest LoeplohandNalac

350 baht for corkage charge ?

Some are off-put by their requirement for jacket and tie for dinner. Even at lunchtimes the dress code is hardly casual.

For Lunch: Smart casual

(shorts, sleeveless shirts,

slippers, sandals or sports shoes

are not allowed

-------------------------------

Yes that's why we do not go in the evening. first of all its very expensive and second we do not wear a jacket during dinner. Its not our style ,it to uncomfortable. During dinner we like to relax.

But its a fact that you cannot visit no where in shorts at the Oriental hotel if you are not a guest of the hotel.

It even not allowed to have lunch in a t shirt it must be a polo shirt.

Its always nice to see how shy the Thai boys behave if they visit such an elegant place with such a strange food collection. Remember the time Loeploh had to eat escargots for the first time.

Yes exactly like the act in woman in red.

"Including Service Charge 10% THB 6.440"

OUCH! Correct me if I am wrong...6440/37 = US$174

Think I will pass. Even at a fine house here in Las Vegas we don't pay that much!

I'm not going to pass. It doesn't have to be nearly that expensive if you forego the appetizers, drinks, wines, etc. I don't even want any of that. When I finally get there, all I want is a prime rib and I'll save all my room for it. It will still be on the pricey side, but I have a feeling it will be worth it every so often.

Explantion:

I am removing my original post only because it referred to a previous post, which I thought was accurate and constructive, but has since been deleted.

This evening I finally had my chance to try Manhattan's. I was with a group of four and all of us thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the prime rib and it was absolutely perfect. I can't possibly improve on TeePee's review, but I can certainly concur. This is a marvelous restaurant, a dream come true for those searching for truly great steaks. It's expensive, especially by Thai standards, but well worth it. I would estimate that most people will end up spending between 1000 to 3000 baht, depending on whether you want drinks, wine, appetizers, dessert, etc. Their menu, by the way, does include Thai offerings if you happen to be with someone who prefers Thai foods to great steaks.

We asked about the web site. We were told their web site will be up and running in about a week and the menu will be included on the web site.