Guest ronnieu

WHERE IS THE CHEAP PLACE TO STAY IN BANGKOK

HELLO IM COMMING TO VACATION IN BANGKOK IN JANUARY 07 I NEED TO STAY AT A CHEAP HOTEL OR INN.....CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE A CLEAN SAFE GAY FRIENDLY PLACE IS FOR THE PRICE OF ABOUT 400 TO 600 BAHT??? ITS MY FIRST VISIT SO I WANT TO HAVE ENOUGH CASH ....

I WANT TO BE CLOSE TO THE GAY AREA........AND THE HOTEL MUST LET ME HAVE VISITORS.

CAN SOME ONE PLEAS GIVE ME A LITTLE HELP?

post-3410-1158283055_thumb.jpg

Guest A Rose By Any Other Name

HELLO IM COMMING TO VACATION IN BANGKOK IN JANUARY 07 I NEED TO STAY AT A CHEAP HOTEL OR INN.....CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE A CLEAN SAFE GAY FRIENDLY PLACE IS FOR THE PRICE OF ABOUT 400 TO 600 BAHT??? ITS MY FIRST VISIT SO I WANT TO HAVE ENOUGH CASH ....

I WANT TO BE CLOSE TO THE GAY AREA........AND THE HOTEL MUST LET ME HAVE VISITORS.

CAN SOME ONE PLEAS GIVE ME A LITTLE HELP?

Try The BBB Inn. It might be a little more than you ask, but it is the cheap, clean, and has a perfect location right smack in the middle of the action! Good luck.

The Rose

TR :lol:

Guest hajuthai

Try Suriwongse hotel on Suriwongse road. They have rooms for about 800 bath a day and it it just where the action is. No problem with visitors. tlf. 0 2266-8257, e mail, surawong@loxinfo.co.th

I guess it will be very difficult to find rooms in the gay area to 400 - 600 bath. :D

[attachmentid=20] My are you a handsome man - geat face - what eyes - Thai boys are going to chasing you all over the city and quite a few foreigners as well.

There are cheapo places but you might like to consider a popular very gay friendly hoel The Malaysia http://www.malaysiahotelbkk.com/

I'll do some research for lower budgeet places.

post-4-1158338717_thumb.jpg

Does it necessarily have to be in the gay area? Don't forget, most of the action occurs at night. What will you be doing with your days? If you can't find something suitable in your price range, it might be more economical for you to stay somewhere else and take the Metro or Sky Train, even a taxi, to the gay area at night. One alternative could be the Embassy Hotel in Saphan Kwai. That hotel is also in the heart of a second gay area and is a 20 minute Sky Train ride to the Suriwong-Patpong gay area. They charge 700 baht per night. If you decide to stay there you probably won't even need advance reservations, but here's their number: 02-279-2641. To get there, just tell the taxi driver, "Prah-dee-PAHT soi yee-sip." If you want a copy of their business card, which does have taxi instructions written in Thai, just send me an E-mail at gaybutton@gmail.com and I'll be glad to send it to you via an E-mail attachment. Obviously there will be additional transportation costs if you do decide to stay elsewhere and use the Sky Train, but you can buy one-day passes for 100 baht at any Sky Train station and you have unlimited use of the Sky Train until midnight. Unless you plan on staying in your immediate area during the day, there will be transportation costs anyway, so that's an alternative for you to consider.

Guest pete1969

I think 400-600 bt in the second week of January would be hard to come by.

I am currently staying at the Malaysia for the first time. For 780 BT a night, I think it is a great value. Clean rooms with great air con, a fridge, and all the normal hotel amenities (but only a few channels on the TV). The 24 hour restaurant serves good food as well as provides room service and late at night there are boys in the restaurant looking for a trick. The pool is nothing fancy. There is a cheap Internet shop across the street by the 7-11 (the Internet in the lobby is pricy). You are minutes from Babylon (where a guy like you will find all the free sex he wants) and close to the gay nightlife (40 BT taxi ride away).

Pete

Guest letmetellu

Quite a few places to stay for under or around 1000 baht, or ask any travel agent here they will find one for you no problem.

Moo Home Stay

Bevery Mansion #216A, 1649 Ramkhamheang Rd, Suan Luang, 02-717-4690 ext 1216, mobile 09-781-7066, email. Gay homestay near Ramkhamhaeng University. Shared room is basic (guest has own bed), 400 baht up wards TV, fridge, and no air-con (fan only). Washing machine service. Take a taxi from BTS Phakanong Sky Train station.

The budget White Orchid Hotel, Bangkok is in the heart of Chinatown on Yawaraj Road. A few minutes from the Hua Lam Phong railway station and within walking distance to a shopping area and local street markets. Standard rooms are similar in size and design to deluxe rooms but have no windows. All rooms have a small "14" screen TV and equipped with standard amenities and services.600baht upwrds cheaper from a travel agent.

238 Guesthouse

238 Pahurad Rd, Wangburapa, Pranakorn, Bangkok, 02-623-9287, 02-623-9288, FAX 02-623-9073, email. Welcomes lesbian guests. Budget accommodation -- 14 rooms with shower, located in the middle of old Bangkok, 10 minutes walk to Wat Pho and the Grand Palace.from 600baht

http://www.geocities.com/tanukio/

Suriwong Hotel

31/1-33 Suriwong Rd

Phone: (0) 2266 - 8257 Fax: (0) 2266 - 8261

Fairly down-market - often used as a short-time hotel, but also does real rooms with TV and air-con for real visitors. Rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. About 700- 800 Baht per night peak, cheaper in off season - a number of visitors have recommended it as a "budget" hotel.

Ban Thai Hotel

108 Rajvithi Soi 6, Rajvithi, Phayathai

Phone: (0) 2245 - 3946 Fax: (0) 2644-5364

Guesthouse with single, double, standard and suite rooms with air-con, cable TV, fridge. Welcomes gay and lesbian singles or couples. Also has restaurant with Thai and European food. Just a 15 min walk to Victory Monument SkyTrain station.

Malaysia Hotel

54 Soi Ngam Duphli (off Rama 4 Rd)

Phone: (0) 2679 - 7128 Fax: (0) 2287 - 1457

Email: info@malaysiahotelbkk.com

Located near Babylon and close(ish) to the Silom/Patpong gay area. Slightly down-market but no questions asked, and the place is cheap and comfortable and has a pool and a notorious coffee shop for late night pickups. Rooms from 600 baht per night, monthly rates available.

Pavilion Place

31/3-17 Patpong Soi 2 (near Suriwong)

Phone: (0) 2237 - 4000 Fax: (0) 2236 - 4986

Located right in Patpong, the accommodation is basic but comfortable and has air-con and bar fridge, etc. About 1,200 Baht per night from the discount web sites, and obviously no problems bringing a friend back for the night!

Pinnacle Hotel

17 Soi Ngam Duphli (off Rama 4 Rd)

Phone: (0) 2287 - 0111 Fax: (0) 2287 - 3420

Email: lumpinee@pinnaclehotels.com

Located near Babylon and the Malaysia Hotel (but more upmarket) and close(ish) to the Silom/Patpong gay area. Has some business customers, but still no problems bringing back a "friend" from the bars (best to book a double room). Rooms from 900 Baht per night (internet rate) or many people have recommended booking via Jimmy, an agent there, for an even better price.

Plaza Hotel

178 Suriwong Rd

Phone: (0) 2235 - 1760

Not luxury, but clean and comfortable and convenient location (walking distance to Patpong) and it has a pool! Rooms are large and many have kitchenette. Prices from 999 Bht including breakfast. Charges a 400 Baht joiners fee for taking a guest to your room .

Sleeping - Guesthouse

BBB INN all gay guest house

918 Rama 4 Road

Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500

Phone: 0 - 22 36 - 22 59

Fax: 0 - 22 34 - 36 67

Home page: http://bbbinn.thaiboy.net

E-mail: bbbinn@thaiboy.net

How to find: Around the corner of Twilight Boy Plaza, 69 to 96 steps away from all major go go bars in Surawong Road. On Rama 4 Road between Surawong Road and Montien Hotel, opposite Snake Farm (Red Cross)

Open: 24 hours, round-the-clock every day of the year

BBB INN is the Guest House of BBB Group. 17 high standard rooms and 6 deluxe rooms in an exclusively gay boy house with big double bed, air-conditioning, minibar, hot shower and TV with UBC. Short double 400 to 500 Baht, one night stand or longer stay from 1,200 Baht/night. No extra charge when you bring 1 to 100 friends overnight to the room. The 24 hours coffee shop "BBB Caf

Guest LoeplohandNalac

Its a pity that they do not have camping grounds otherwise you could bring a tent and sleep there.

They could make a nice camping from Lumpini park.

Strange that there are not so many campings in Thailand. We wonder why ?

Its a pity that they do not have camping grounds otherwise you could bring a tent and sleep there.

They could make a nice camping from Lumpini park.

Strange that there are not so many campings in Thailand. We wonder why ?

Camping laws in Thailand have recently changed and as of Oct 1, you are only allowed 9 days of camping per year and that is only if you are Thai. Foreign nationals must apply for a camping permit for Lumpini Park. This can be picked up at Dick's Cafe in Bangkok or Jomptien. Only a few permists are issues per month so get there early to get one. Good luck.

Guest LoeplohandNalac

For us no problemo. We just get a letter from the Oriental Hotel in Bangkok that they are very happy to allow us to dock our Yacht " The Pink 2 " in front of their backyard any day.

But we are sure that other posters could use your valuable advise but are you sure its only 9 days for Thai nationals. We thought it was 10 days.

OOH MY...WELL ILL JUST SLEEP ON YOUR YACHT... U GO BOY (SMILE) ILL STAY IN BANGKOK FOR 14 DAYS SO I WANT TO GET THE BEST DEAL FOR LESS... :):)

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO POSTED ....YOURE TOO KIND

MUCH LOVE

RONNIE

Guest LoeplohandNalac

There used to be times that Nalac ( loeploh wasn't born yet) had to stay in the Niagara hotel.(BKK)

200 baht one night and believe it or not that wasn't a nice hotel.

But one thing was good about this hotel the bell boys were all available.

So 2 minutes after you arrived you got what you wanted.

Those were the days.