Gaybutton

Cheating with a Capital C

There are so many stories out there about "farang" being cheated and conned by taxi drivers, boys, bars, hotels, restaurants, etc. Many feel that "farang" pricing as opposed to Thai pricing for baht buses and entrance into various venues are also forms of cheating.

What kinds of experiences have you had and how did you respond?

I think I must be one of the lucky ones. I have hardly ever been cheated in Thailand, but it definitely has happened. I had the following experience during one of my first trips to Thailand, before I knew better. This story was part of an article I had on my web site:

Renting a car is a different ballgame. Even the most unexpected places are likely to have cars available for rent, and they are usually new, in excellent condition, and have air conditioning. Sometimes insurance will be available and sometimes it won

Guest hajuthai

A good story. Only once a bathbus try to cheat me. I have stopped an empty bathbus in Pattaya and asked to take me to my home to Jomtien. My bf said the price 100 bath. During the way driver took up a russian family of 4 and drive them home. I saw they pay him 200 bath. then he come to my home and demanded 200 bath. My bf said, price was 100, but you took up other passengers. driver said, farang can pay and you can get 100 bath. My bf got very angry, and he did not pay driver anything.

I once had to rent a car to my family and asked a welknown farangowned carrental company. He told me, there are no cars to 6 persons in Pattaya. You have to have 2 cars.

Then I went to another company, and they of course had a car to 6 persons and to the half price of what the other demand.

So farang can also cheat farangs.

What a story. Crazy. I don't know how you kept your cool.

I have had a few instances there I was cheated in establishments. It is never a good feeling. I hate it most when in gay places as I often go there to support them when times are tough.

I had a bar try to overcharge me by one or two drinks everytime I went in. I had then take the extra drinks off the bin and refused to pay. After 3 times of this, I have not been back to that bar in Boyztown in over 8 months. It was my favorite stop at the end of the night to watch the show but not now.

I have never had someone hold my passport. That would be nerve wrenching.

Guest LoeplohandNalac

When Nalac came for the first time in Thailand and that is a long long time ago he rented a water scooter. The water scooter renters made a hole in the scooter so it started to sink just a few minutes after Nalac had departed for for his half hour of jet ski enjoyment. Yes the tourist police came and told Nalac to pay otherwise he had to wait in prison till there would be a court case.

That could take as long as one month. Nalac paid for the damage to the jetski and that was also the last time he rented one.

Thai cheating Farang.

Petrol stations not Zeroing the amount before filling.

Dual Pricing at many places of interest if not all.

Change given for 500 notes when 1000 given.

Bill for gin AND tonic when tonic only given or charged for double when single given.

Deposit to be paid always before service given or goods delivered then not as promised.

But this is tourism world wide....

A Go Go boy I know says opposite of Farangs who cheat Thai,

Have sex and then not pay

Have service and then say no cash got to go to ATM but runs away or no cash in machine account.

No personal tips for talking or drinking with farang in go go bar.

Offs boy for a week then pays him 100 per day at end of week.

Meet or goodbye at airport but arrives/leaves a day/week early or later without telling boy.

Moves hotel to avoid paying boy.

But this is Thailand TIT....