TotallyOz

Home Handyman

I have had several problems with dishwashers, electricity and etc. I find that getting anything done in Pattaya is a total pain in the ass. I can't seem to get anyone to show up and fix problems. I want to hire a DoItAll man who can take care of anything I have a problem with. Anyone know of a service like this in Pattaya?

Guest PapaDavid

Ever thought of asking one of the in-house maintenance engineers at, for instance, Ambience or Le Cafe Royale if they would like to make some extra money, as and when you have such problems?

Just an idea for an arrangement that might prove workable.

I highly recommend Khun Doon. He has always provided excellent service for me at very reasonable prices and he shows up when he says he will. If it is something he doesn't handle, he knows people who do. Whenever I have a problem, he's always the first one I call and I have never been disappointed.

His number is: 081-694-6206

I find that getting anything done in Pattaya is a total pain in the ass. I want to hire a DoItAll man who can take care of anything I have a problem with.

Dear, with all that activity in your 'kitchen', it's no wonder that you have a clogged hole.

I thought all your men Did It All.

Dear, with all that activity in your 'kitchen', it's no wonder that you have a clogged hole.

I thought all your men Did It All.

LOL. No, I tend to pick the straight boys who don't do any of it. Something about that that turns me on. :)

And, how did you know my hole was clogged? Have you been peeping again? :)

I highly recommend Khun Doon. He has always provided excellent service for me at very reasonable prices and he shows up when he says he will. If it is something he doesn't handle, he knows people who do. Whenever I have a problem, he's always the first one I call and I have never been disappointed.

His number is: 081-694-6206

I called the number you gave and the guy has been wonderful. He spent a few days with me and I just kept finding things for him to do and to change. He is very friendly, and very knowledgeable about all areas of the home. He does have VERY limited english skills but once he knows what you want, he finds a way to fix the problem and his prices are very reasonable.

I called the number you gave and the guy has been wonderful. He spent a few days with me and I just kept finding things for him to do and to change. He is very friendly, and very knowledgeable about all areas of the home. He does have VERY limited english skills but once he knows what you want, he finds a way to fix the problem and his prices are very reasonable.

I'm not surprised. He really is as good as I said he is. As a matter of fact he'll be at my house tomorrow morning. The on-demand water heater for my shower blew out and he's coming over to install the new one. Whenever I need something done, Doon is the man I always call. Someone who is responsible and knows what he is doing is worth his weight in gold in Pattaya. He also guarantees his work. If something goes wrong with any work he's done, he'll be right there to take care of the problem.

I'm not surprised. He really is as good as I said he is. As a matter of fact he'll be at my house tomorrow morning.

Just for the record, this morning was the "tomorrow morning" referred to above. Khun Doon and his son actually showed up half an hour early. It took them two hours to install the new heater. It required some new plumbing, parts, and drilling through tile and solid concrete, plus electrical work.

The parts cost a grand total of 150 baht. They asked 400 baht for the labor. Total cost - 550 baht. They would not accept one baht more than that. The heater works perfectly and there are no leaks. They also do something I rarely see other workers do. They clean up thoroughly. They even took the box the new heater came in and the old heater outside and put it in the trash. All I needed to do after they left was take a shower with the new heater.

Rest assured, as soon as I need more work done, Khun Doon is the man I'm going to call.

Such examples, GB, continue to flabbergast/delight me. You paid (at 37.4 baht to the dollar) a total of $14.71 for the job - two hours labor by two plumbers/mechanical contractors including parts!

In the US, it's my best guess you would have paid 20 times that number.....providing you could get them to show up in the first place. Two weeks ago, I engaged an electrician and a helper to leisurely (it wasn't an emergency call) to replace a electrical wire between the circuit breaker panel and a light switch. They "worked" (fixing, chatting with friends on their cell phones, and eating lunch) for two hours. The bill was $380.00. And I furnished the parts!

You think Khun Doon and his son might travel?

Such examples, GB, continue to flabbergast/delight me. You paid (at 37.4 baht to the dollar) a total of $14.71 for the job - two hours labor by two plumbers/mechanical contractors including parts!

Actually, Bob, his rates are typical. I have three room air conditioners. The last time I had an air conditioning company over here to do a routine maintenance and cleaning, two workers showed up. They took each air conditioner apart, throroughly cleaned everything, and replaced the filters. They were here at least two hours. I was charged 250 baht!

Meanwhile, when I was still living in the USA, I went home after a two month trip here. My air conditioner wouldn't start. I called a repairman. It took him 15 minutes to find and fix the problem. A stuck switch. All he did was lubricate it. That cost me US $400!