ChristianPFC

Thai-boys and Email

Guest tdperhs

z909 expressed the situation best when he pointed out this is their career. It is a highly competitive career, especially in the current market, and only the best survive. There is nothing miraculous about a few having good recall. Those who do not have good recall lose and drop out.

The career is prostitution. We don't call them prostitutes because in the West, dealing with prostitutes carries a stigma where the customer is often identified as a "Mark" or a "John", ironically the names of two books of the new testament, or some other derisive term. So we use euphemisms: money boy, sex worker. But they are prostitutes, male or female, and, as in any service industry, those who survive are those who can build the best rapport with their customers.

Incidentally, the girls are on par with the boys.

z909 expressed the situation best when he pointed out this is their career. It is a highly competitive career, especially in the current market, and only the best survive. There is nothing miraculous about a few having good recall. Those who do not have good recall lose and drop out.

The career is prostitution. We don't call them prostitutes because in the West, dealing with prostitutes carries a stigma where the customer is often identified as a "Mark" or a "John", ironically the names of two books of the new testament, or some other derisive term. So we use euphemisms: money boy, sex worker. But they are prostitutes, male or female, and, as in any service industry, those who survive are those who can build the best rapport with their customers.

Incidentally, the girls are on par with the boys.

Yes, some words do sound derogatory (and are) like queer, fag, nigger, spick, etc......

I prefer to call them friends since that word is kinder and has such a broad inclusive meaning to me. I have many Thai friends that make me very happy and seem very happy when I walk into their bar too. Life is great!!

Prostitutes deserve pretty much the same respect as any other profession.

Some professions are seen through rose tinted spectacles -particularly in the healthcare sector.

For example, a NHS doctor who does not follow a true scientific approach to his profession & therefore makes an incorrect & damaging diagnosis will still be unfairly treated with great respect. Most of his patients know no better. He will be obscenely well paid for this, but salary levels are never questioned due to the rose tinted spectacles.

Of course doctors are important, but other professions contribute equally to a peoples health -engineers do the ambulances & medical equipment, other scientists develop the drugs & without farmers the patient wouldn't even have had the food to get this far in life.

A doctor who provides near Harold Shipman levels of care is still likely to be given more respect than a prostitute.

In reality, the prostitute may not have had the same education opportunities as the doctor & is merely making the best of his or her options, without putting any burden on the rest of society.

I personally consider the average prostitute is professional & treats his customer well, possibly better than the average service sector worker.

I also think he deserves more respect than most people in other occupations, including politician, pope, bishop, missionary & the deliberately* long term unemployed (who are simply parasites & largely ungrateful for the vast sums of our money thrown in their direction).

Incidentally, I believe the terms line rent boy & money boy are often used to make it clear that one is referring to a male prostitute. I am not aware of so many terms for female prostitutes.

[*ie excluding those who have become unemployed due to reasons beyond their control, e.g. in the current economic crises]

There wasn't even a hint of a mentioning of money (I'm 29 years old). They told me they have jobs/university.

I do apologise for assuming you were paying. Not that there's anything wrong with paying, having a short term fling or even a long term steady relationship for that matter.

Guest shebavon

I seem to be getting a lot of messages from Ghana on GayRomeo. Does anyone else here get them?

Frequently, and not only on Gay Romeo, but in my Hotmail account as well. Amazing how many Ghanans are looking to deposit millions of dollars in my bank account, if only I would give them some personal information.

Best advice is to delete these and not respond.

I get these quite rarely.

I always delete unwelcome messages without responding & report them as spam if the board has a facility for this.

I also ensure the e-mail address is not visible & keep a special e-mail address for internet forums.

There wasn't even a hint of a mentioning of money (

Could it be the fact that there was a hint about money and you never picked up on it?

Hence no reason for them to keep in contact with what they considered to be a stingy farang?

Anybody who goes to DJ everyday is either:

•  
  • A Millionaire
  • An Alcoholic
  • An ex-moneyboy that has a farang/thai sponsor
  • A Moneyboy

Guest lvdkeyes

When I get these messages from Ghana on Gay Romeo they are not the kind of messages that involve money. When I send back the "thanks, but no thanks" message I rarely hear from them again, but on occasion I get back a message saying "OK".

@z909

There is no language barrier, they were quite fluent in English.

Next time, money will probably be involved. Can't fly quarter around the globe, pay for a double-bed and have it only 50% occupied (ie sleeping alone) most of the time.

@kokopelli

If you're a cute Asian and x = 1 or 2 I would be happy to get into contact with your (first per Email, later physically).

@colmx

I got response by Email from one, saying he lost his phone (with photos of us) some days after I left. Coincidally, I had an chat with him some hours ago.

Regarding Ghana: I got a message on Gayromeo from Ghana about a week ago with an interesting offer (not about money), but it's too far away and profile not yet been validated.