Guest Astrrro

Euroboys Reclaims #1 Spot

Guest Astrrro

Euroboys reclaimed the #1 spot among Patatya gogos as they recently brought back one of the few certifiable superstar dancers. Not just a dancer, but a choreographer of sorts, which makes all the rest of the boys better.

EB is different than most gogos, you won't see boys jacking off, instead you'll see some exceptional dancing and if the place isn't too full, the boys have more freedom than in most gogos to improvise a bit which really makes the remaining customers happy.

EB was always a good gogo with comfortable seats, good lighting, an electric ambience, and good music at the proper volume. But now it's clearly regained the numero uno spot.

I look forward to bringing my friends, many of which rarely would go to Sunee otherwise.

Job well done Euroboys!

Guest globalwanderer

I don't think he needs to give a vote, but his comment is valid. Everyone has different tastes in guys and bars, so based on your sole opinion I don't see how a single bar can be the Number One. Whilst I have different favorites depending on mood, I'd never declare them Number 1.

I do wonder if you have a vested interest

I don't think Astrrro has a vested interested in the bar. But, I have been to the bar and agree that it is one of the best run ones in Sunee Plaza. It is clean, great looking guys and friendly staff.

When I get to Pattaya, I'll tell you which bar I think is number 1. But, not being there now, I can't. My number 1 often changes overnight and with the wind. Bars are great and then then fade and then they rise again. I can't wait to see what Astrrro sees in this place!

Guest Astrrro

I do wonder if you have a vested interest

Absolutely not.

And I can't forsee any circumstance in which I would ever invest in any bar.

Just trying to give the bar a pat on the back for a job well done.

I also drink 20 baht Archas at Minimart 24 and have no vested interest there either.

:D

Don't quite understand why this post is pushing buttons, of course it's only my opinion.

Guest Astrrro

Forgot to add I'm not friends with the owner either. I doubt he knows my name.

But it is surprising how people's faces get known. Last year, one of the boys came up to me and said, "you live at the ******* (the name of my residence)". Now I'm in a monogomous relationship and haven't once offed a boy while I was living there so God knows how he knew where I live. Pattaya is a small town in many ways.

While I'm not a regular visitor to Sunnee, of all the bars I've popped into when I was last there (March or April this year, I think) Euroboys struck me as one of the few eye-pleasing places. The boys - generally on the smaller side - actually danced and seemed to be enjoying it, unlike so many other places where they appear comatose. The lighting is also good, with a slick modern feel. My one gripe about it is that the seats are uncomfortable, probably because the shop is so narrow and there just isn't space.

Although I agree with all the positive remarks about EuroBoys, however the boys are more like ladyboys, in my eyes, which moves it off top spot. Not a criticism of lbs but not to my taste as muscle boys are not to my taste. But this was 3 or so months ago and things do change all the time. Of course will check it out again and again during my winter visit in Pattaya.

Yep.....not sure just why the grumpies decided to show their ignorance/negativety by making a comment about Astrrro and his choice of HIS number one bar. Anyone with even half a brain would surely have realised Astrrro was speaking on behalf of himself (and/or his friends)not everyone.

But I have to agree with him based on my visit there in October. Even though I was the only customer in the bar, and usually that is a situation I'm never comfortable with, on this occassion the boys were trying very hard and I had a great show to myself as well as some funny and enjoyable banter....compared to the usual bored attitude of most of the boyztown agogos dancers/staff.

I sat with a boy I knew from before. He looks quite young but I know him to be 19 and he speaks very good english, and yes some of the boys here are on the smaller/slimmer side but the ones I asked about were all 18/19/20.They have a very good attitude.

But like every bar, every night is not the same and the boys change, but in this bar it seems to me that the owners at least try to have some kind of consistant policy of hiring those with good attitude. And I don't have a vested interest either Globalwanderer.

Curiosity got the better of me. Because of these posts, this evening I stopped in at Euro Boys to see for myself. I don't think I've been in there for well over a year. While everyone has to decide for himself which bar is "Number 1," I had a wonderful time there tonight and for me Euro Boys is definitely in the running. The boys have a a lot of fun dancing, and I mean really dancing, not the one-knee shuffle, and were truly enjoying themselves. They all seem to like each other and appeared to be having fun more than simply working and being bored. That's contagious. There were about a half dozen customers in the bar while I was there and they were having a good time with the boys too. It's a bar I'll certainly visit again, and soon. All the boys appeared to be 18+. I didn't sit there checking IDs, but I saw no boys that appeared to be under age.

"Be happy in your work" - Sessue Hayakawa, 'The Bridge on the River Kwai'

Guest Astrrro

I popped my head in there tonight and the superstar was in street clothes so I figured he just got offed and decided to come back another night instead.

So I tried another gogo where another favorite works. Other than my favorite, the other place is nothing to write home about, except for perhaps one boy who was giving himself head! Impressive! So I'll be sending a postcard to Aunt Betty!

Also stopped into Corner Bar and Uniform Bar. Uniform Bar is having a party tomorrow, Saturday, around 10ish.

Guest mauRICE

Is Happy Bar still open? My friends who went there last year were, pardon the pun, quite happy with it. Their description of Happy Bar was similar to what GB wrote of Euroboys above. I'm not a fan of go-go bars especially the circus-like show bars in Boyztown and Soi Prostitute but I wouldn't mind checking out bars like Happy and Euroboys the next time I'm in Pattaya.

Is Happy Bar still open?

Yes, Happy Bar is open. For those who may not be aware of it, now there is a 150 baht fee added to your bill if you take a boy upstairs to their second floor. I have no idea what the fee is if you decide to take more than 1 boy upstairs.

I believe that fee is waived if you buy a minimum amount of drinks while still on the first floor, the go-go boy floor. That's what I've heard, anyway. From what I understand, they don't waive the 150 baht fee no matter how many drinks you buy on the second floor unless you have met the first floor minimum before going upstairs. I forget the minimum. It think it's about 250 baht worth of drinks or something like that. I haven't been there in quite some time, so maybe someone else can tell us what the minimum actually is.

From last years visit, I would rate it near the top of the pile too.

The guys were proper males too - some with slightly effeminate hair styles, but certainly NOT ladyboys.

Do they still have the nice outfits with lace up sides?

Do they still have the nice outfits with lace up sides?

Assuming you're talking about Euro Boys, yes. I wouldn't go as far to say the boys are all masculine, though. You know how the bars are. Many boys there today may not be there a month from today or even tomorrow.

For what my opinion is worth, to me one bar is pretty much the same as the next, but I was pleasantly surprised with the fun the boys seem to have at Euro Boys. Obviously everyone has his own likes and dislikes and Euro Boys might not be for everybody, but I would say that from among the various bars you at least try when in Pattaya, I would put Euro Boys on your list.

Guest Astrrro

At both Euro and Happy you're quite close to the boys which is not everyone's cup of teas. The setup of Happy, with small ministages with one boy in front of a customer is great if you like the boy in front of you but almost unbearable if you're there alone and the boy is not your type.

Last time I was in Happy, Leo was only 99 baht.

Can anyone who's been there recently clarify the upstairs policy?

Even though 150 baht isn't all that much in the grand scheme of things, as it's not much more than a boy drink, it bothers me enough to make me not walk through the front door.

Guest Astrrro

Called into Euros for the last 35 minutes before closing tonight and luckily (for me) I was the only customer so the boys did some special dance routines for me. Great fun!

But they don't seem to do this when there's lots of customers because I imagine that management believes (rightly or wrongly) that most customers want more traditional gogo dancing. But you can get traditional anywhere.

Maybe they do this for me cause they know I like it, so you have to encourage the more innovative boys.

It's kind of amazing that a bunch of 18-21 year olds can put on such a spectacular performance when the Boystown type shows with costumes lack any real spark. Maybe it's cause the boys are having a good time or maybe just a clever choreographer.

At both Euro and Happy you're quite close to the boys which is not everyone's cup of teas. The setup of Happy, with small ministages with one boy in front of a customer is great if you like the boy in front of you but almost unbearable if you're there alone and the boy is not your type.

I don't think ANY bar has a style of boy which appeals to everyone, with the possible exception of some bars with a diverse range.

Have fond memories of Euroboys & Happy boys from last year & look forward to visting them again shortly.

The Happy Boys bar used to enforce rotation, so even if your view was filled with some dreadful tatooed hunk, it wouldn't matter as he would soon be moving to the next table. I hope this is still the case?

A couple of months ago the routine at Happy was the same: boys revolving from table to table after one song. Also the 150 Baht for upstairs was in effect. Actually it was,for me a good idea. I was downstairs and bought drinks for some boys and then was surrounded by others. They said, "WE can go upstairs, no charge"! I think I would rather see one boy, pay 150 Baht and go with him only to the upper lounge.

Guest FanOfThailand

I would say that EB may not be my #1 bar in Sunee but it is near the top. I like the type of boys there and the place is clean, well lit and has friendly staff.

I was the only customer in there a few months ago and there were four boys actually dancing and having a good time. I had a good time and while I was not looking to off anyone that night I did give all four of them a small tip upon leaving.

I will be checking this bar out on my next trip.

Euroboys is one of the better Sunnee bars, but has gone downhill a little since last year.

Lighting seems to be toned down, therefore reducing the shiny white underwear effect.

Poorer selection of boys, although I still found one to off.

They all seem to be wearing a larger size of underwear - those white numbers with the lace up sides should be small enough to leave a good 1" gap at the sides where the laces are!!!

Lighting seems to be toned down, therefore reducing the shiny white underwear effect.

Poorer selection of boys, although I still found one to off.

They all seem to be wearing a larger size of underwear - those white numbers with the lace up sides should be small enough to leave a good 1" gap at the sides where the laces are!!!

I disagree with you. Just this evening I was in Euro Boys again, first time since my last post about it. I saw no problem at all about the lighting. It was the same as always and there was a plentiful and diverse selection of boys (don't forget that some may have already been taken off by the time you got there).

As for the underwear, they wear different styles on different nights.

If you are looking for a more masculine. butch selection of boys, I suggest giving Nice Boys a try. That bar seems to also be quite popular. I did not go there this evening, but I did run into a friend who had just come from Nice Boys. He said the place was packed and he actually had some trouble finding a place to sit. Considering the number of bars that are lucky if they get 15 or 20 customers in a night these days, that tells me something.