Gaybutton

Jomtien Complex Goings-on

"Continental Bakery in the jomtien area, The Continental is a small restaurant located almost on the corner of Theprasit and Jomtien Beach Rd in Jomtien. It markets itself as specializing in breakfasts but on the signage they have added that they do dinner as well."

Actually, there are two Continental Bakeries in Jomtien. One is about 1/2 block from the other. The one a little further down the road toward the beach has outside dining and a far better ambiance. Same menu and same prices.

Guest ganymede

I would like to thank the writer of this article for the write up of Ganymede,but would like to correct some mistakes,it should have read the following:

Over on the next soi is the new Ganymede bar. I spoke to the manager. The bar itself is open and they seem to be doing well. They have taken over the adjoining building and are planning to put in a sauna. The current plan is for the sauna to be on the ground floor and it will have 14 hotel rooms above the sauna. They hope to keep it open until 4:00am each night, but it is at least two or three months away from being ready to open. There will also be a snooker room.

The manager assured me that all of the boys working there are at least 18+ years old and have to prove it in order to be hired. The boys are not pushy and there is no pushy mama-san.When a farang buys a drink for them, they get 30 baht out of it, which is 10 baht more than most bars give the boys. He also told me he pays the boys better than some of the other local bars pay their boys,as he expect his staff to work very hard and be very professional in their work,but we did not get into a discussion of how much. I also can't tell you the drink prices. I didn't have a drink. I was only talking with the manager and didn't even think about asking the drink prices. Once he gets everything into place and can get it going, if he can attract a good customer base I think Ganymede will be a great success. I think it all depends on whether the "location, location, location" factor works out well for them.

That's a strange way of putting out revised information - trying to edit somebody else's post rather than saying it plainly. Naturally it got me interested in finding out what Gannymede (which I presume represents the business) is trying to bury under the mass of words, and so I just had to pick it apart.

There seem to be three significant differences.

1. Gaybutton reported in his original post that there would be a sauna on the ground floor "and at least one level above will have privacy rooms." Gannymede changed that to read "and it will have 14 hotel rooms above the sauna."

2. Gaybutton reported that the sauna was "at least one or two months away from being ready to open. Gannymede wrote "two or three months".

3. Gaybutton's original post had these two sentences: "The off fee is 300 baht. The boys get 100 baht from that fee." They are omitted in Gannymede's version.

Naturally it got me interested in finding out what Gannymede (which I presume represents the business) is trying to bury under the mass of words

I don't think Ganymede had anything sinister in mind and I have no objection to what he wrote or the way he wrote it. Actually, I think it was a clever way for him to do it. I also think the omission of the off fee was simply an oversight on his part.

The night I spoke with him I wasn't standing there taking notes. It was just conversation and I wrote my post to the best of my recollection. I don't see anything wrong with him correcting any errors I made. I regret that I made any errors at all and I'm glad he corrected them.

Also, I did not let on who I am until we were near the end of our conversation. Throughout most of our discussion he had no idea that I had anything to do with the message boards and once I told him who I am, I got the impression that he wasn't a board follower in the first place.

I have neither objection nor criticism about his revision of my post. I meant what I said in my post. I think Ganymede has an excellent chance of success and I sincerely hope the bar does succeed. I will certainly be going back there again - often.